Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
tommyad #359966 08/08/16 06:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song!! Love the vocal, and those background vocals especially are top notch. Totally pro sounding mix too.

I see you are using the S-Gear amp simulator, I just started using that here too.

tommyad #359969 08/08/16 07:37 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Very sad and beautiful song.

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me. My old dog was 13.
I spent six months in a terrible way and one morning I went to a kennel and I brought home a beautiful black puppy. Seven years are passed; sometimes the memory of the old dog comes back to you like a thunderbolt but I see to the other and I feel better.

Your dog was beautiful.

Sergio

Sergio
tommyad #360028 08/08/16 02:36 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Beautiful song Tom. I know how hard it can be losing a pet, particularly a dog. My daughter wants to get a dog (we have 3 cats) and part of my hesitation is because of how deep the bond is and how painful when it breaks. Sorry for your loss. This is so well done. Love the fiddle. Love what you did with the BG vocals. On the Tom Adams Greatest Hits album, this track would be first or last on one side (for those of us who remember vinyl LPs). Another simply great song!! Take care. Greg

tommyad #360097 08/09/16 03:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a tribute. There has to be a wonderful place that good dogs go to and we're sure he's happy. We've never been w/o a dog in our 35 years of marriage. Folks either get it or they don't but the most interesting thing about your song is that it is written in a manner that applies to other situations of loss. That had to take some thought...or, heck, perhaps it just flowed out.

It's so easy of us to get lost in the emotional aspects of the song that it's hard to parse it out...but it's all so good -- the vocals, guitar, arrangement and the mix. We will never take for granted Tommyad mixes. The soundstage is exquisite with every track having its place, complementing the other tracks and never stepping on them.

Eloquent and loving.

J&B

tommyad #360116 08/09/16 05:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

This is incredibly poignant. Beautifully done. Love the oohs at the end with the strings. Chill bumps man.

rsdean #360177 08/09/16 10:45 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom
Sorry to hear about your dog. A very nice tribute.
The song itself is beautifully put together and as Pat says has brilliant backing vocals.
Great song writing.
Thanks Peter, I appreciate it.
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom,

So sorry - I've been there... This song is heartbreaking, but a beautiful tribute.

Bob
I was thinking a lot of us relate. Thanks, Tom

Sundance #360253 08/10/16 02:51 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Tom,

Beautiful and heartbreaking song.
We both been through the same situation more than once, and we know how it feels.
Music sure can be a medicine.

All the best,

Rob & Anne-Marie
Thank you both. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Tom,

Your song is such a loving and heart wrenching tribute to your beautiful dog.

It is so hard to lose that unconditional love and companionship. I know that pain and the big hole left in your heart and home all too well.

I pray that God will comfort your heart through this dark time and that you will be able to one day smile with the thought of each sweet memory of love, laughter, and fun from all those years and good times you shared together.

God bless you.
Duncan was a big ( 100 lb ) beautiful Fox Red Labrador and is greatly missed. You are very thoughtful and kind. Thanks, Tom

Matcham #360255 08/10/16 02:53 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom,
So sad.

A great song, a fitting tribute to a good friend!

Alyn
Thanks Alyn. Tom
Originally Posted By: Matcham
Tom I feel your pain. Your song is nostalgic to me as I too have lost a best friend. Still I can't help but notice the neat song structure and production. Not bad for a week's work!
Thank you, I appreciate it. Tom

44kfl #360430 08/11/16 02:38 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A great tribute for the loss of the best of friends.

Your expression of grief will give comfort to a lot of people.
Thanks Charlie, Tom
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Oh man, I feel for you. I think I've always had a dog and there's nothing like coming home to someone who's always so glad to see you.
So, as a fellow dog lover, I'm so sorry for your loss.
You express the emotions so well in this song and I love all the vocals, especially the background. As always beautifully played, well written, from the heart. Pat Marr says just about everything
spot on and elegantly about this tender and well crafted song.

Kenny
Kenny, Losing a dog is a highly charged emotional event and writing this really helped me work through what I was feeling. Thanks, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great song!! Love the vocal, and those background vocals especially are top notch. Totally pro sounding mix too.

I see you are using the S-Gear amp simulator, I just started using that here too.
That S-Gear is great. Thanks for the nice comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very sad and beautiful song.

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me. My old dog was 13.
I spent six months in a terrible way and one morning I went to a kennel and I brought home a beautiful black puppy. Seven years are passed; sometimes the memory of the old dog comes back to you like a thunderbolt but I see to the other and I feel better.

Your dog was beautiful.

Sergio
Thanks Sergio. My buddy Duncan was a 100 pound Fox Red Labrador Retriever and you're right he was beautiful- inside and out. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful song Tom. I know how hard it can be losing a pet, particularly a dog. My daughter wants to get a dog (we have 3 cats) and part of my hesitation is because of how deep the bond is and how painful when it breaks. Sorry for your loss. This is so well done. Love the fiddle. Love what you did with the BG vocals. On the Tom Adams Greatest Hits album, this track would be first or last on one side (for those of us who remember vinyl LPs). Another simply great song!! Take care. Greg
Thank you for all your support. Tom
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What a tribute. There has to be a wonderful place that good dogs go to and we're sure he's happy. We've never been w/o a dog in our 35 years of marriage. Folks either get it or they don't but the most interesting thing about your song is that it is written in a manner that applies to other situations of loss. That had to take some thought...or, heck, perhaps it just flowed out.

It's so easy of us to get lost in the emotional aspects of the song that it's hard to parse it out...but it's all so good -- the vocals, guitar, arrangement and the mix. We will never take for granted Tommyad mixes. The soundstage is exquisite with every track having its place, complementing the other tracks and never stepping on them.

Eloquent and loving.

J&B

I knew y'all would get it. The song did flow out,but then I realized it could be more universal with a few small tweaks. Thanks for your kindness. Tom
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Tom,

This is incredibly poignant. Beautifully done. Love the oohs at the end with the strings. Chill bumps man.
Anytime a reaction includes bird leather (chill bumps) that's a good sign. Thanks David, Tom

tommyad #360650 08/12/16 09:54 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Tom,

So sorry for your loss. I've certainly been there (I'm a dog person) and my current pup "Tinker" turned 14 in May... Don't know how much longer we've got. frown

This was a wonderful tribute and just a fine job all around! Again, so sorry for your loss.

Greg

tommyad #360681 08/12/16 02:42 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Tom,

Boy, is this a powerful song. Anyone who has lost a "family member" will certainly relate. Really strikes a chord. I hope this song brings healing to you. You know I am a big fan of yours. I am also a big fan of songs that are truly from the heart. This one fits the bill. Great job, as always on the vocals. And the arrangement is top shelf.

I have been away for quite a while, and was so glad to see your contribution here when I returned.

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
Steve Young #360720 08/13/16 01:47 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Hey Tom,

So sorry for your loss. I've certainly been there (I'm a dog person) and my current pup "Tinker" turned 14 in May... Don't know how much longer we've got. frown

This was a wonderful tribute and just a fine job all around! Again, so sorry for your loss.

Greg
Greg, Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Tom,

Boy, is this a powerful song. Anyone who has lost a "family member" will certainly relate. Really strikes a chord. I hope this song brings healing to you. You know I am a big fan of yours. I am also a big fan of songs that are truly from the heart. This one fits the bill. Great job, as always on the vocals. And the arrangement is top shelf.

I have been away for quite a while, and was so glad to see your contribution here when I returned.

Steve
Thank you Steve. I am always glad to hear from you. Thanks for your kind review. Tom

tommyad #361484 08/18/16 03:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song Tommy. I feel your pain having to go through this a short while ago. Music definitely a healing therapy. Beautiful lyric and vocal. I believe someone is looking down on you with his tail wagging. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
floyd jane #363452 09/01/16 07:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"An empty house, an empty heart
and I can’t find a way to fill this hole"

It can't be said any better than that.
I had a "constant companion" for 15 years - still hurts...you really strike a chord here...

The "generic write" is well done.
Terrific production and mix. The guitar bits are really nice.

Sung from the heart.

A beautiful tribute. I feel for you.

fj

Tom,

I'm incredibly late in getting to this one. I apologise for my tardiness. I'm very very sorry to hear about your loss. Try as I might, I can't think of any words better than what floyd has already said. This is beautiful. Outstanding and very, very touching.

May good things come your way.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,459
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195