Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#360348 08/10/16 12:16 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Friends! It has been a looooooong time since I was here. The past 5 or 6 months have been crazy, to say the least. Health issues, crazy work hours, birth of a new grandbaby (yea!), and much more, have kept me away. I hope it's not another 5 months before I am back again! smile

I just released a new cd, and wanted to share the title track. I shared the un-mastered (un-final-mixed) version sometime back. I hope you enjoy the final, mastered version. All the songs were created and produced using Band In A Box RealTracks and RealDrums.

I Found You There

(I tried to find a way to link to just the one song, but was unable to figure out how to do it. This is a link to the whole album. Feel free to listen to all of it if you wish - you don't have to purchase to listen to the whole song(s).)

I hope to be able to hang around with all of you more now!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Very pretty song Steve.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

very catchy. Good vocals and harmonies.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve
Pretty song - reminded me a bit of early Dan Fogelberg.
Liked the first one as well.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the new album! Great song - your voice has never sounded better... Excellent!

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful song Steve ! And superb quality over it.... U really have a great voice..

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve. Welcome back! Congrats on the release of your new CD. Is that guitar at the start a realtrack? If so which one? Love the harmonies.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Very pretty song Steve.

Thanks David! I appreciate you listening and the kind words!

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Steve,

very catchy. Good vocals and harmonies.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Thank you Guenter. Glad you enjoyed it. Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve
Pretty song - reminded me a bit of early Dan Fogelberg.
Liked the first one as well.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I used to love to listen to Dan Fogelberg. I hadn't really connected this song to his influence, but now that you mention it, I can sure see it. Appreciate your kind words.

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Congratulations on the new album. It's very good across the board. I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, I have been a fan of your music ever since I joined the forum. Everything always sounds sooo good! Congrats on the CD. High quality work all around. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

Sweet song, with your beautiful voice as ever.
Does that cd baby work with selling your music?

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

So good to have you back and hoping you can be around here more!

The songs all sounded great to begin with and the mastering adds an absolutely gorgeous sheen.

This is a fabulous sounding album.

I hope you have tremendous success with it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

Your song writing, mixing and your vocals are all top shelf.

This has a very professional polish to it.

I love the message!

Great job on this one.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, I have been a fan of your music ever since I joined the forum. Everything always sounds sooo good! Congrats on the CD. High quality work all around. Tom

Good to see you again, Steve. Tom said what I was thinking....

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the new album! Great song - your voice has never sounded better... Excellent!

Bob

Thanks so much, Bob! Always an honor to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Beautiful song Steve ! And superb quality over it.... U really have a great voice..

Thank you very much, Trygve! So glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Steve. Welcome back! Congrats on the release of your new CD. Is that guitar at the start a realtrack? If so which one? Love the harmonies.

Thank you for your kind words, Joanne! The guitar at the start is a RealTrack. I think it's the SouthernRock Acoustic Finger Pick. Always good to hear from you. So glad you like this.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Congratulations on the new album. It's very good across the board. I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie! Glad you enjoyed this!

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

And we have also!

Love the title track and will stream the whole project this weekend while on the road. The title track has a pro all the way sound to the mix. Lush but not cluttered -- a sweet spot to hit!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

It's great to see you again! As you already know, I'm a huge fan of your arrangements.... no-one does it like you. This is truly beautiful... musical richness on so many levels.

A wonderful listen,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song, your voice sounds super. The production is excellent.

Kenny

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Steve,

What a beautiful strings arrangment !
Violins and folk guitar are so beautiful played together

It reminds me of a Simon and Garfunkel's song : "like a bridge over troubled water"

BIAB USER SINCE 2010
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Thanks so much, Tom! Really appreciate hearing from you!

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Steve,

Sweet song, with your beautiful voice as ever.
Does that cd baby work with selling your music?

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, Rob and Anne-Marie. Glad you enjoyed it. CD Baby has helped some. I have sold some on CD Baby, and some on iTunes (which they helped me get it on iTunes), and have had quite a number of streams on Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music and others that they connected me to.

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Steve,

So good to have you back and hoping you can be around here more!

The songs all sounded great to begin with and the mastering adds an absolutely gorgeous sheen.

This is a fabulous sounding album.

I hope you have tremendous success with it.

Thank you, Josie! I always enjoy hearing from you. Glad you like this one, and thanks for posting your kind words!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Steve,

Your song writing, mixing and your vocals are all top shelf.

This has a very professional polish to it.

I love the message!

Great job on this one.

Mario, thanks so much, my friend! Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Good to see you again, Steve. Tom said what I was thinking....

Thanks, Floyd! I'm glad you and Tom were thinking good thoughts about this one! smile

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

And we have also!

Love the title track and will stream the whole project this weekend while on the road. The title track has a pro all the way sound to the mix. Lush but not cluttered -- a sweet spot to hit!

J&B

Janice & Bud, thanks so much for listening! Glad you like it. Appreciate your kind words!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Steve,

It's great to see you again! As you already know, I'm a huge fan of your arrangements.... no-one does it like you. This is truly beautiful... musical richness on so many levels.

A wonderful listen,
Noel

Noel, I always look forward to hearing from you. Thanks once again for your generous comments!

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful song, your voice sounds super. The production is excellent.

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. Glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: PRADON
Hi Steve,

What a beautiful strings arrangment !
Violins and folk guitar are so beautiful played together

It reminds me of a Simon and Garfunkel's song : "like a bridge over troubled water"

Thank you very much! I hadn't thought about Simon and Garfunkel, but I was a huge fan of them. That is a great compliment!

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199