Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pat, Sergio, Trygve and David. Thank you so much for listening and commenting.

Pat...You've got me thinking. Something weird is happening with me this 50 90. I had such a successful first FAWM that I think I was expecting too much from this one. Also I am trying to mix an album of covers that I recorded with my old band mate Karen Wilmot while she was here in June so probably have too much on my plate.

The weird thing is that I don't seem to be happy with any of the music I am writing. This is fine when you are working with your own lyrics but when you are working with other people's lyrics, I feel it is not really fair on them. Maybe it is a case of pride coming before a fall or maybe a case of change on its way.

However, on a happier note; The good thing about doing this 50 90 in the way I am doing it is that it really sharpens up my production skills. I always like to do an almost complete production on my songs. That is, I produce it to the best of my ability with full BIAB backing as well as harmonies. I do this because it gives me an idea of what the songs will/should sound like. It also doubles up as a demo (should any fantastic artist want to cover one of my songs).

I also find I am experimenting with loads of different styles that I wouldn't usually use when producing an album. Maybe that is a good thing and maybe it is bad. I don't know!

Anyway, I am rambling.

Here is a re-write of Former Lovers, lyrics provided by Elizabeth Petty, written in a minor key. Would love to know which one you prefer and why.

FORMER LOVERS VERSION 2

And here is the next one. It is called Hold on to my Sanity. The lyrics were provided by Amanda West.

HOLD ON TO MY SANITY

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Sanity" is a good cross between folk and hymn... seems a good choice for the lyric....

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I give you 100/100 for this! And I love how you chose to end the song - Bravo.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

great vocals and harmonies.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd, Lawrence (nice to see you back!) and Guenter. Thanks for the listen and comments.

I can see I am not going to get anywhere near 50 songs but will keep going. If I reach 20 I will be ecstatic.

I went away this long weekend to the Groot Marico with good friends and family. It is a wonderful place in the bush with nothing much to do but sit on the veranda drink beer and talk rubbish. I was able to write two songs while I was there. Here is my song writing kit.

1. Cup of coffee (most important)
2. My son's kids guitar (saves space in the car)
3. Pen
4. Note book
5. CAPO and tuner
6. Thesaurus and rhyming dictionary (no internet connection in the Marico!)

Here is the first of the songs I wrote called "I see you". It was inspired by a short story I read by Bernhard Schkink in his wonderful book "Summer Lies". It is about a short seaside romance that two people have and how temporary but beautiful it is.

I SEE YOU

Lyrics:
Copyright Joanne Cooper and Rachael Scherf
From streets to rooms I saw you
Your shadow thrown before you
And here you are
bathed in sweetness

So here you are beside me
You're breath a whisper finds me
And here we are
No space between use

I see you
Free of trouble
I see you
Drunk on colours
I see you

So now this day is ending
Night falls unrelenting
And here I am
Alone already

Right now I see the answers
Love like I've found forever
And here I am
Inside this moment

I see you
Free of trouble
I see you
Drunk on colours

This day and night is growing fat
On chances lost and mild regret

I see you
Free of trouble
I see you
Drunk on colours
I See you
High on freedom
I see you
I see you

Realtracks:
RealTracks in style: ~2487:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed HeldSimple Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~528:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~1679:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^2-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

BWT: All my 50 90 songs can be found here.

http://www.joannecooper.co.za/50-90

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne
Very nice song - especially liked the harmonies. Good tune well crafted.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

great vocals and harmonies.
Very catchy tune.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, I'm just getting to the first song, I love the melody and the harmony. The piano recorded beautifully. Look forward to listening to the second song, good luck with this endeavour.

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I really like the lyrics to this.. please pass that on to your collaborator. Conceptually, the thought that we are who we are for those reasons never occurred to me before. The ability to make an audience think new thoughts is highly desirable in lyrics and in all types of story telling (such as video)"

Pat so well stated what we were thinking. Conceptually this never occurred to us either but it weaves a beautiful song. And also like Pat said "new thoughts" are indeed highly desirable.

Very nice.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Love your evolution over the past few years... You've got some really great songs - keep it going.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,485
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195