Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#361425 - 08/18/16 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Well written lyrics (great hook!), track sounds great as does Janice.

Nice collaboration, enjoyed the listen!

Thank you Dave. I appreciate your comments.

Janice

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#361509 - 08/19/16 01:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Wow, That was spectacular. I love the personal notes ( hiking and biking etc.) that make this a believable and authentic story. A beautifully written and arranged love note from Janice to Bud that is delivered in a superb package from one of my favorite vocalists. Simply outstanding in every way. Standing ovation and congratulations to all three of you. Tom

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time. Your thoughts are appreciated.

After that first draft I sent across, everything wove together seamlessly. I used to look forward to a budandjanice email appearing in my inbox because I knew it would hold some more ideas and tweaks for lyrics and music. I don't think it's possible for collaborating to be any easier or more enjoyable than what I experienced. It was great to be part of the team.

Thanks again!
Noel

#361511 - 08/19/16 01:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: FRANCE
PRADON Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: FRANCE
Hi,

It reminds me of a Joan Baez's tune, very smooth ballad, I like it.

#361525 - 08/19/16 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Noel, J&B.

What can I say? It's an absolute classic!

* Clever lyrics
* A great waltz style
* Beautiful arrangement
* Excellent mix
* Janice on top form.

A professional package that you should all be proud of.

ROG.

Noel & Company -

Late on this one as usual, but ditto to what ROG said! He's a music professor, so he must know, right? grin

Excellent stuff. A 9000 mile collaboration.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by 90 dB (08/19/16 06:11 AM)
Edit Reason: To Edit?

#361546 - 08/19/16 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Noel, Janice, Bud...

A lovely song. Neat hook - have heard Bud say that a number of times smile

The melody is a real standout. One of those that you feel you have known your whole life (like the perfect partner!).

Excellent arrangement and mix...supporting that gorgeous vocal perfectly (another perfect partnership!). All parts (instruments) are so clear - nice space.

A terrific collaboration.

fj

#361569 - 08/19/16 02:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
This is gorgeous guys.
Romantic, highly melodic and a beautiful vocal of Janice!!
That waltz style works so great.

Super all the way.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#361599 - 08/19/16 06:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Wow, That was spectacular. I love the personal notes ( hiking and biking etc.) that make this a believable and authentic story. A beautifully written and arranged love note from Janice to Bud that is delivered in a superb package from one of my favorite vocalists. Simply outstanding in every way. Standing ovation and congratulations to all three of you. Tom

Tom, that is so nice of you to say that! You know us well enough to understand how the lyric completely reflects mine and Bud's relationship. We really appreciate your support.

Janice

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#361609 - 08/20/16 03:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Robertkc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,
Very good on all levels!
A heartfelt and elegant song with vocals up there with the best- congrats to the three of you.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your vote of confidence! Appreciate the visit.

Regards,
Noel

#361647 - 08/20/16 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: VideoTrack]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Noel, Janice and Bud

How absolutely sensational! Janice has put her (usual) professional stamp on this.

The lyrics are both poetically thoughtful and masterful in every way.

The choice of tempo and style could not be more perfect.

Congratulations to you all, this is another piece of exemplary, classic genius.

Take a well deserved bow. All of you.

Trev

Hi Trev,

Glad you dropped in!

One of the beauties of BIAB is that we who write songs can get away with doing so little. I began this backing with the style _CELLOW2.STY (Dual Cello Waltz) and its default tempo. From there I played around with what other Realtracks were potentially available. When I received Janice's vocal, it became clear that a minimalist backing was all that was needed to frame her wonderful singing. From my perspective, too many instruments were distracting. I wanted to come up with an arrangement that allowed Janice and her melody to shine as brightly as possible. I'm pretty sure that I can safely say that we're all glad to read that it worked for you.

Thanks for passing through the thread.
Noel

#361650 - 08/20/16 02:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: 44kfl]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
It's beautiful, it's personal, it warms the heart
the melody is lovely.

Kenny

Hi Kenny.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

While I sent a draft melody to Bud and Janice as a starting place. That was all it was meant to be... a starting place. This was my only contribution to the melody. The end result morphed quite a bit from that first draft. The best analogy I can think of is that of a butterfly and how it begins as a cocoon. My melody was simply a cocoon and under Janice's nurturing it became a butterfly. The final melody is Janice's and, like you, I think it's really beautiful.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Noel

#361657 - 08/20/16 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

great colab noel Janice and bud this was perfect its all been said here love the vocal great production thanks for sharing eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#361689 - 08/21/16 02:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Nice waltz, beautiful lyrics with a crystal clear message and great lines like: "How did fortune choose me? I haven't got a clue". Completed with Janice's voice that fits the song perfectly, 'tomorrow' sounds really Noel smile I like also the cello, especially its raw power at the end.

Janne

#361730 - 08/21/16 11:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,
Very good on all levels!
A heartfelt and elegant song with vocals up there with the best- congrats to the three of you.

Robert

Thank you Robert for the very nice comment about the vocal!

Janice

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#361796 - 08/21/16 09:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Noel, Janice and Bud,

You've woven a vividly rich lyrical tapestry into this lovely arranged waltz. It's a beautifully sung celebration of love for Janice and Bud that warmed and tugged my heart.

Hi Josie,

Welcome to the thread. Thanks for giving the song a listen and taking time to comment. The lyrical tapestry grew with each trip across the equator. In so many ways, everything about this song was a team effort. If any one of our contributions were removed from the process, the song could not exist.... collaboration at its best, I reckon!!

Regards
Noel

#361827 - 08/22/16 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: VideoTrack]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Noel, Janice and Bud
How absolutely sensational! Janice has put her (usual) professional stamp on this.

The lyrics are both poetically thoughtful and masterful in every way.

The choice of tempo and style could not be more perfect.

Congratulations to you all, this is another piece of exemplary, classic genius.

Take a well deserved bow. All of you.

Trev

Trev, thanks for your time to listen and post those nice comments!

Janice

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#361854 - 08/22/16 10:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Hey Noel, J&B.

* Clever lyrics
* A great waltz style
* Beautiful arrangement
* Excellent mix
* Janice on top form.

ROG.

ROG got it!! Works so well on every level. Beautiful sentimental write. Love the sparse arrangement, and the cello is beautiful. Janice KILLS it again! This is absolutely beautiful!!! Take care. Greg

#361858 - 08/22/16 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Hi Noel, Janice and Bud !
Wonderful song very well written and very well sung, with great sensitivity ! Christian

#361974 - 08/23/16 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Sundance]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
It's beautiful, it's personal, it warms the heart
the melody is lovely.

Kenny

Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you feel this way about it.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Noel, Janice and Bud,

You've woven a vividly rich lyrical tapestry into this lovely arranged waltz. it's a beautifully sung celebration of love for Janice and Bud that warmed and tugged my heart.

Josie, that is such a lovely description of the song! It is indeed a celebration and I so appreciate you noting that.

Janice

J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website

#361984 - 08/23/16 09:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Noel, Janice and Bud,

What a combination I thought and my ears were not disappointed, in fact they sat up and went WOW!!!!!

I just repeat with a +1 all the other comments.
Janice has a wonderful voice, dunno if I have ever mentioned that before grin

Alyn

#362080 - 08/23/16 08:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won Life's Lotto (a collaboration with Janice and Bud) [Re: MarioD]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hey Noel, J&B.

* Clever lyrics
* A great waltz style
* Beautiful arrangement
* Excellent mix
* Janice on top form.

ROG.

I had the same thoughts so all I can add is this is a keeper.

Thanks Mario. Always appreciate your support!

Regards,
Noel

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Video - Explore the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 MultiRiffs Feature

MultiRiffs is a popular feature that has previously been available in RealBand and the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin. With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, it's now available in Band-in-a-Box® too! This feature allows you to quickly generate 7 variations of riffs from the same RealTracks for either a portion of the song or the whole song.

Tobin has made a great video explaining using the MultiRiffs feature within Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - check it out here.

Read more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows New Features

Learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - our New Features Video is ready! Watch it here.

Read all about the new features:
New features website
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade Manual

Or read our "49 of Your Problems Solved!" page, here, which lists 49 requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows.

Don't forget... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
30596 Members
63 Forums
61241 Topics
517186 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
CARTERJOHN, fenghaodang, Abdul Alzahrani, Dannyboy1976, mgrimaldi

30596 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 298
Matt Finley 229