My Favorite Things....

The User Showcase and the Showcase Radio stations....

The user showcase is a forum at the top of the PG music forums. It showcases original songs written and performed by forum members. This has been going for 4 years now, and there are over 5,000 songs.

There are a number of reasons that I like this User Showcase Forum.

- there's a great community of creative and talented musicians, submitting their own material and providing helpful comments on other postings.
- it shows how people are using their home studios to make finished radio-ready music. This involves the entire process, composing the music and lyrics, planning and producing the arrangement and vocals, and making the finished product. (Audio or video files)
- many people who are new to computer/home studio music want/need to learn all of these steps, so this forum is a great resource for them to see how other people 'like them' are doing it.
- there are wonderful musical collaborations between forum members in different areas of the world. This is something that even 10 years ago would have been a rare event - now made easier by all the advancements in tech and communication.
- the results of all this (the songs) are astonishing - amazingly talented and creative group of musicians.

- we've also made some radio stations that showcase some of the songs in the forum. This is way to play them "jukebox style" as you work on other things, and slow allows you to get more information about the songs playing (by going to the user showcase forum and typing in the name of the song, and finding the songs original thread on this forum that lists all the information about the song, and let's you add your own comments if you want.

If I have friends or family over, and they ask "what's new with your Band-in-a-Box program?", I will usually play them a few recent songs from the User Showcase, and they're blown away by the quality of these songs.

So a big Thank You to all who contribute to the User Showcase!
You can check it out here ...
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=50&page=1

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.