Several months ago I began to experience an issue with RT's (not RD's) frequently failing to completely regenerate. I would get anywhere from approximately 50-75% of the track and then silence. Examination via my DAW indicated a completed truncation of the file with no waveform showing after the truncation point.

The difficulty in narrowing down the issue was compounded in that intermittently everything would work fine. Attempts to run different versions of BiaB on multiple hard drives would ultimately cause the same issue. I did find a workaround that would allow me to regen one track at a time with no problems...though time consuming as I often comp a single track from multiple regenerations of a RT.

On a lark I installed a memory optimizer, Dr. Cleaner, and all my issues immediately resolved. When I'm in a BiaB session I nearly always have my DAW open and it is running multiple plug-ins. Because of this I have 32 gig RAM and had not experienced in issues until several months ago. I'm FAR from an expert on these matters but my assumption is that some of the programs were tying up RAM to the extent that BiaB didn't have enough to fully regen the tracks. Logic Pro X, my DAW, and my suite of Izotope products use a LOT of memory; however, when I used my Mac's memory monitor there always seemed to be adequate memory available. And even Dr. Cleaner reports plenty of available memory. But the proof is in the pudding -- when Dr. Cleaner is running I have no issues.

So should anybody run into this issue hopefully this will help.

Bud