Won’t you stay, Maria stay
Girl won’t you stay, now I wish you’d stay

44kfl #363079 08/30/16 11:51 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Another cool, catchy tune Kenny!! Your songs just have great feel. The grooves are infectious. There are some great lyrics and the perfect "band". I remain one of your biggest fans!! Take care. Greg

44kfl #363083 08/30/16 12:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, ok so here is what I am thinking:

1.) You have a classic rock tune here. Coupled with a great title. Very R.E.M.

2.) In fact, this reminds me of the stuff R.E.M. used to play in Mitch's Easter's garage before they made in big. Just pure, classic, ultra hooky, rootsy, gutsy unadulterated rock. Peter Buck and Mitch would dig it.

3.) I wish you could pull that 12 string maybe to the left a bit and bring it up louder so it comes out in the mix, and move the mandolin to the right and fade it up higher and make it even more prominent when there aren't any vox. (Think Losing My Religion.)

Actually google "Losing My Religion" youtube and carefully listen to and study the mix, it is almost the same except in this case they have guitar right and mandolin left.

Most of the EQ is right except the drums might need to be a bit beefier. Not sure what you have in your EQ rack of VSTs but listen to the drums on Losing My Religion and see if you can get something close to that. I would say spend five hours on the drums and then start fading the other stuff up. smile The vocal is about perfect. It needs to sit right exactly on top.

Your song is just as solid as an R.E.M. tune. It just needs another mix, I think. Great lyrics by the way.

I am only offering these production tips because this is a GREAT song. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

Wish I had written it.

smile

44kfl #363103 08/30/16 02:42 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with David on the merits- "pure, classic, ultra hooky, rootsy, gutsy unadulterated rock".
The vocals are very good- just the right amount of edge.

Robert

44kfl #363145 08/30/16 11:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent Kenny - very cool tune!

Bob

44kfl #363151 08/31/16 12:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kenny
Really enjoyed that one. Nice choice of instruments good harmonies & lyrics.
Excellent job.

44kfl #363172 08/31/16 03:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kenny,

Like Greg, I'm a fan. You write really catchy songs - with the influences of many of my old favorites... instantly likeable...

I agree (with David) that the mandolin could come up a little to "make itself known" a bit more. I would roll off some of the high end in the vocal, too - to tuck it in mix more. These are small things, though..

Enjoyed several listens. (It's stuck in my head now...)

floyd

44kfl #363197 08/31/16 07:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Like others said: a catchy song.
We like the harmonies!
Well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

44kfl #363237 08/31/16 10:07 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
Online Happy
PG Music Staff
Great song! The style you chose works very well with your lyrics & overall sound!

This song post is the "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

-Callie

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Great song! The style you chose works very well with your lyrics & overall sound!

This song post is the "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

-Callie

Thanks Callie, much appreciated!

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another cool, catchy tune Kenny!! Your songs just have great feel. The grooves are infectious. There are some great lyrics and the perfect "band". I remain one of your biggest fans!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg,
Always appreciate your kind words

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Man, ok so here is what I am thinking:

1.) You have a classic rock tune here. Coupled with a great title. Very R.E.M.

2.) In fact, this reminds me of the stuff R.E.M. used to play in Mitch's Easter's garage before they made in big. Just pure, classic, ultra hooky, rootsy, gutsy unadulterated rock. Peter Buck and Mitch would dig it.

3.) I wish you could pull that 12 string maybe to the left a bit and bring it up louder so it comes out in the mix, and move the mandolin to the right and fade it up higher and make it even more prominent when there aren't any vox. (Think Losing My Religion.)

Actually google "Losing My Religion" youtube and carefully listen to and study the mix, it is almost the same except in this case they have guitar right and mandolin left.

Most of the EQ is right except the drums might need to be a bit beefier. Not sure what you have in your EQ rack of VSTs but listen to the drums on Losing My Religion and see if you can get something close to that. I would say spend five hours on the drums and then start fading the other stuff up. smile The vocal is about perfect. It needs to sit right exactly on top.

Your song is just as solid as an R.E.M. tune. It just needs another mix, I think. Great lyrics by the way.

I am only offering these production tips because this is a GREAT song. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

Wish I had written it.

smile

Thanks David,
This is great, I was feeling a very George Harrison vibe in my head but I love R.E.M. and definitely get the Losing My Religion connection. I appreciate the mix tips, will try to apply some as soon as I get the chance, maybe this weekend. I thought the drums could use more punch, I just didn't change much of anything really, kinda keeping the original mix. I'm in love with the Baritone guitar and only so many things can get top billing. I'm so damned deaf that I don't pan hard left and right because it's lost on me. You do have a great ear and I appreciate your input and kind words.
Kenny

Robertkc #363420 09/01/16 02:57 PM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I agree with David on the merits- "pure, classic, ultra hooky, rootsy, gutsy unadulterated rock".
The vocals are very good- just the right amount of edge.

Robert

Thanks Robert

rsdean #363421 09/01/16 02:58 PM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Excellent Kenny - very cool tune!

Bob

Thanks Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry I'm late. I too am a big fan! Good one, Tom

44kfl #363944 09/04/16 09:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kenny,

this is stuck in my head at the first listen grrrr grin
Now I have "oh won't you stay I wish you'd stay" running through my mind

excellent as I have come to expect from you

great stuff

Alyn

PeterF #364059 09/05/16 01:29 PM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Kenny
Really enjoyed that one. Nice choice of instruments good harmonies & lyrics.
Excellent job.

Thanks Peter

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Kenny,

Like Greg, I'm a fan. You write really catchy songs - with the influences of many of my old favorites... instantly likeable...

I agree (with David) that the mandolin could come up a little to "make itself known" a bit more. I would roll off some of the high end in the vocal, too - to tuck it in mix more. These are small things, though..

Enjoyed several listens. (It's stuck in my head now...)

floyd

Thanks floyd

RnAM #364061 09/05/16 01:30 PM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Like others said: a catchy song.
We like the harmonies!
Well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie

tommyad #364062 09/05/16 01:31 PM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Sorry I'm late. I too am a big fan! Good one, Tom

Thanks Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195