You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#161626 - 06/05/12 02:17 AM [User Showcase] "Don't You Know It?" Real tracks alt-country.
jptjptjpt Offline
Apprentice

I just purchased BIAB yesterday and managed to create a song. It's called "Don't You Know It?" and you can listen to it here:

Warning: Adult Advisory - it may contain some racy themes (but no real curse words).

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11685197

Now, how did I do it? You've got me. I am finding there are no clear cut instructions on how to use this tool. I have BIAB Pro 2012 and Real Band, but how they work together, etc., is beyond me.

Edited by jptjptjpt (06/05/12 08:30 AM)

#161627 - 06/05/12 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Don't You Know It?" Real tracks alt-country. [Re: jptjptjpt]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

... Now, how did I do it? You've got me. I am finding there are no clear cut instructions on how to use this ...

Ha, ha -- no there are no real templates to song creation. There are lots of ways to learn BIAB. Some folks here try every option and learn what every thing does. I just try and get chord progressions and filler instruments in there and hope for the best!

Nice sounds here on this tune.

Kevin

#161628 - 06/05/12 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Don't You Know It?" Real tracks alt-country. [Re: Kemmrich]
jptjptjpt Offline
Apprentice

Thanks, Kemmrich. I gave a listen to some of your songs and they all are well done. Are those done with BIAB instrumentation? If so, I must keep pushing forward as it obviously is a great program.

#161629 - 06/05/12 09:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Don't You Know It?" Real tracks alt-country. [Re: jptjptjpt]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Thanks, Kemmrich. I gave a listen to some of your songs and they all are well done. Are those done with BIAB instrumentation? If so, I must keep pushing forward as it obviously is a great program.

The tunes at my "Kevin on Sondclick" link are all heavily BIAB-based. They were written as guitar/vocal pieces first and then re-done in BIAB. The hardest thing I find is keeping the "vibe" of the songs as they move into the realtracks world of BIAB. Sometimes you can loose that "real" feeling. But as we learn more, it becomes more and more possible to get where you want to go. But there are always compromises to make.

PG Music News
Video - Repeats & Endings Dialog Overview for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, video we go over the Repeats & Endings Dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Learn more...

This video includes information on repeats, 1st/2nd endings, dc al coda, ds al coda, dc al fine, ds al fine, and Fake Sheet Mode.

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 20, 2019

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th! Our hours this weekend are:

Saturday, May 18: 8am-4pm PST (Technical Support closed)
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 20: 8am-4pm PST (Technical Support closed)

Regular Hours resume Tuesday, May 21st.

Testimonial - Woody Piano Shack's Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box®

Check out our latest Video Testimonial from Woody of Woody Piano Shack! Woody uses Band-in-a-Box primarily as a training tool within his YouTube channel and private lessons. He's been a Band-in-a-Box user since the Atari ST days, and is very impressed with the evolution of our program - watch and you'll see! Click here...

Video - Audio Harmony Overview in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

We've updated our Audio Harmony Overview video using the latest Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Windows program! Watch now...

Learn even more about Audio Harmonies using the Online Manual, here.

Danish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 til Windows® er klar!

Pakker
Nye funktioner

Dutch Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 voor Windows® is hier!

Pakketten
Nieuwe Functies

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Simple Arrangement

Head into the RealTracks Picker window, and you'll see a [ ] Simpler option - but what does that mean? Anthony explains in our latest video, here.

Forum Stats
29471 Members
60 Forums
58048 Topics
487434 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
FEC, Jolen, rumplesteel, KapunaKane, Aretana

29470 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Noel96 133