You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#366317 - 09/20/16 09:31 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind.
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

XTRA XTRA read all about it! An entry for the Rock AND the singer songwriter xtra style competition .... together .... in one song, a gibsonisation+. The original song is from a few years ago so I put the vocals and solo wavs into BIAB and experimented. There are 3 styles although the RTs overlap. At one stage everything is playing, which was a nightmare to mix!
Solo is me on Les Paul through line 6 UX2 Toneport
I also feel a little relevant to the posts Phil Spector/Wall of sound and Multi-Style suggestions
This song started me off on a mix and match marathon and I now have 3 others, less loud, which made the choice of which to post very hard. It started life being called "Her Mum" for some reason but is now:
Echo round your mind

****** Song Summary *************
Title: her mum
File:echo EQUINOX.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=2:56
No intro. 66 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 66. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 818 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _EQUINOX.STY (Equinox Sw16 Funky Folk)

RealTracks in style: 701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2519:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking BoomChickSlowHighJoe Sw16 085 (Simple)
RealTracks in style: 1581:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Folkie16ths Sw16 085
RealTracks in song: 668:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:steady)
RealDrums in style: FunkHalfNoteSync: a: Snare, Kickb: Busy Kick

Style is _VOLCANO.STY (Volcano Thrash Rock w Jazz Solo)

RealTracks in style: 1009:Bass, Electric, HardRockThrash Ev 085 directinput
RealTracks in style: 1155:Organ, B3, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 642:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 639:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 668:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:steady)
RealTracks in style: 2603:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock16thsJon Ev16 090
RealDrums in style: RockModernSyncEv16^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Style is _BROKEN.STY (Broken Neoclassical Metal)

RealTracks in style: 1009:Bass, Electric, HardRockThrash Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealTracks in style: 639:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 642:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow Ev 085
Loop in Song: AcousticDrumFullKit\Metal - gl_tomtoms100a ev16.wav
RealTracks in style: 2338:Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealDrums in style: RockThrashHalfTimeEv16^9-a:Snare , Tom Groove , b:Snare, Open HiHat

you do not love a woman cos she's beautiful
she is beautiful because you are in love with her
love takes off the masks that we fear we cant live without
we know we cannot live within

im in love with you cos i need you
and i need you cos im in love with you
sometimes the heart sees what is hidden to the eye
cos where there is love there is life

it was not my ear into which you whispered
it was not my ear it was my heart
it was not my lips that you kissed my darling but my soul
and at the touch of love, poets words I write

tell me who admires you and who loves you
and i will tell you just exactly who you are
there is nothing which can hide or prevent love for long
or disguise it if it is not there

SOLO

we all suffer from the misconception that exists
that perfection should always be there
it does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does
and if you judge people you show contempt for love

you do not love a woman cos she's beautiful
she is beautiful because you are in love with her
a small degree of hope is enuff to cause love
and my words echo round in your mind

I hope you enjoy

Alyn

#366466 - 09/21/16 09:20 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: gibson]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Alyn,

What a clever combination of styles and a great arrangement. A haunting chord progression also held my interest.

It sounded kind of Beatlesque in places. That Wah wah guitar was also very enjoyable and fitted the song perfectly.

Good job indeed!

Rec

#366514 - 09/21/16 12:21 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: gibson]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Cool song man!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#366552 - 09/21/16 03:15 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: gibson]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Alyn,

This is great! The three styles work really well together and showcase your lyrics and performance excellently. Brilliant choice!

I have to say that...

Originally Posted By: gibson
Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song

...this plan of attack is a VERY cunning ploy! It's kind of like a 'buy one, get one free sale' approach! I hope the judges are as dazzled as I am smile

Good luck!
Noel

Edited by Noel96 (09/21/16 08:01 PM)

#366574 - 09/21/16 06:08 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: gibson]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Really cool song!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#366604 - 09/21/16 11:35 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: receder]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Alyn,

What a clever combination of styles and a great arrangement. A haunting chord progression also held my interest.

It sounded kind of Beatlesque in places. That Wah wah guitar was also very enjoyable and fitted the song perfectly.

Good job indeed!

Rec

Thanks Rec, glad you enjoyed.
One heavily compressed solo with hammer-ons and slides, no pick as I played with my index finger, Wah used as a tone control more than an effect!

Alyn

#366605 - 09/21/16 11:36 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Entry for Singer songwriter and Rock categories in one song called Echo round your mind. [Re: David Snyder]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Cool song man!!

Thanks for listening and commenting twice, David.

Alyn

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29911 Members
61 Forums
59379 Topics
500828 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
bobkat, dennisroof00, derfeinehein, Giulio, EricWin

29910 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 205
Janice & Bud 143