You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#366939 - 09/24/16 07:03 AM [] "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

clickety click: I was Fast

Based on _HOTJAZZ.STY, so it might be a Jazz song entry .... A lot of timing correction edited for the banjo-, tuba- and guitar- BIAB tracks, done in Cubase 8 using audio warp. Only the mandolin track and drumtrack were left unmodded from the original BIAB import. Removed the too busy Clarinet as it was in the way of the melody most of the time. Then added some handmade spice and my good ole 1976 built Sandvik Stradivarius musical saw to boot. Train just passed by accidently. Song is registered with SABAM in Belgium.

BIAB info: ****** Song Summary *************
Title: I was Fast © Artspurg 2016 SABAM
File:I was Fast © Artspurg 2016 SABAM.MGU
Key=Bm , Tempo 165, Length (m:s)=5:14
Style is _HOTJAZZ.STY (Hot Jazz with Clarinet Soloist)

RealTracks in style: ~1618:Tuba, DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1614:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in song: 616:Mandolin, Rhythm Bouncy Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1613:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastA-B Sw 165
RealDrums in Song: CountrySwing: a: Sidestick, HiHat b: Snare, HiHat

Lyrics:

I was Fast, © lyrics & music: Artspurg SABAM 2016

I like getting somewhere, and like it fast
The speed of things a-growing, at a rev count unsurpassed
A needle hit the bottom, and it bent at last
I was going nowhere, from being fast

Problems come as always, and when I duck
To get out of harm’s way
All fell down on me, crushed me on my a-ss
While being fast

Ch: Fast, I was fast, very fast
Then as I passed
I landed on my a-ss
I was getting nowhere, while being fast

If you’re getting nowhere, stuck in the past
Nothing growing showing, nor a thing to last
Down at the bottom, deep down on your a-ss
Then you will go crazy, if you like fast

Problems come as always, some barrier’s up,
Blocks the light of day
But now as I can see, blind from all that was,
Still I like fast

Ch: Fast, I was fast, very fast
Then as I passed
I landed on my a-ss
Being fast, very fast

-F

#367125 - 09/25/16 06:00 PM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
Loc: Southwest USA
SaxMarc Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Southwest USA
Fun! Good use of the style, and nice presentation!

#367140 - 09/25/16 11:23 PM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

thnx

#367145 - 09/26/16 12:54 AM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi fiddler!

Now that was very very enjoyable! You've done a great job composing this and assembling the backing. I've never heard of a Stradivarius saw before! Live and learn smile

Regards,
Noel

#367161 - 09/26/16 03:32 AM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Loved the Sandvik Stradivarius musical saw.

Good fun song very enjoyable.

Peter

#367165 - 09/26/16 04:17 AM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

thnx again, PS

<==>

Edited by fiddler2007 (09/26/16 04:26 AM)

#367303 - 09/26/16 05:35 PM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
This is a lot of fun!! Good job!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#367321 - 09/26/16 07:26 PM [] Re: "I was Fast" _HOTJAZZ.STY and more [Re: fiddler2007]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Great fun- love the backing,lyrics & the train... 1976 was a good year for that saw!

Robert

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

RealBand® Bar Settings Explained

Pressing the [Bar] button or f5 while in the Chords Window of RealBand brings up the Settings for Bar for that song.

What can you do in Bar Settings?
-Key Changes
-Style Changes
-Instrument Changes
-RealTracks Changes (opens a new window)
-Access the UserTracks Development Settings
-assign bars to repeat
-Reset - All Bars or Current Bar

Forum Stats
31230 Members
63 Forums
62473 Topics
528582 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
roymun60, Moyses, ArielM, Yan Lesnevskiy, deedsneeze

31230 Registered Users