Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
SFG Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Hi Guys ..,

I have an awesome idea / suggestion / wish ..., for an All new .., B.I.A.B Audiophile 'PRO PLUS' Edition cool

In this proposed suggestion / wish for a NEW Audiophile PRO PLUS Edition .......,

* Id love to see the Audio files offered in a higher bitrate quality of 24 BIT .., instead of the 16 bit format (as they are now).

* I'd also like to see a DRY TRACKS also available (in this proposed new Audiophile PRO PLUS version)

- ie; DRY track versions also offered for the Real-Tracks Audio ..., (DRY meaning - a bare bones audio track with zero FX added / printed with the audio)

- ie; Minus their already printed 'added reverb and compression etc' , thus giving users the ability to instead add their own 3rd party FX in their own personalised flavour via both the BIAB FX slots , or In a DAW

The increased bitrate suggestion to 24 Bit Audio would ...,

Allow these proposed 24bit audio samples a much better better chance of retaining their full fidelity upon final the mix down after they are mangled & mashed within the DAW

Real mixing examples of this are :

- File conversions,
- Time stretching to fit to project tempo's and tempo changes throughout a song,
- Adding FX
- 2 Track stereo Mastering
- Dithering & even more converting

The Dry Tracks suggestion would ................,

Create a better 'all round' end result to your mixes , by allowing the user to sit the instruments in the mix where they like , (and not where BAIB pigeon holes' it to be) ........,

This means ....,

- the amount of reverb also not only creates a sense of space (eg: size , like room, hall, cathedral etc)
- it goes further than that by giving its own uniqueness to what type that space actually is and the materials contained within (wood , stone etc).
- Reverb can be special FX also , like plate reverbs , tube reverbs , reverse reverbs , pre-delay adjustments , Dry vs Wet signal blending (or using FX sends) etc .
- Reverb can also be Taylor made also in many ways including, not just the depth , tail length and decays
.., but other things to like the EQ of the reverb ..., for example you may want to only add reverb effects the high end only ,
.., but not to the bottom end frequencies of whatever instrument etc you are adding that reverb to.
- Perhaps you only want a custom convolution reverb .., Reverb is a powerful thing and colours and adds different moods and feels your mix in so many different ways .., and a DRY tracks Option for BIAB would allow us to control all of this in our DAW mixes.

...,and most importantly by adding your own reverb to a DRY audio track enables the producer to place emphasis on giving the listener an idea (ie; attention or focus) to where the vocal, or instruments 'actual placing is' within the sound field.
- All the above applies to compression FX also.

This placing could be either being up close and personal, through to being further back in the room , and all points in between.

I think it would be a great idea to grant the user the freedom to decide where this space and place and feeling needs to be in their mix

All this can be done without placing a finger on the volume fader.
.., Turning up that fader will only increase volume - and not increase that vocal or instruments presence (ie; focus point) in the mix.

Rather than restricting all your other added elements within your mix into the confines of BIAB's pre-determined mix boundaries (ie; due to BIAB's FX Printed audio tracks) .., much of our possible Mixing power, our uniqueness, and our freedom to mix where our heart takes us is being handicapped with the current 16 bit & Printed FX to Real tracks specifications .

ps ; I had this post in another thread , but I think this deserves a thread of its own smile

Question .., what are your thoughts ..., and who would like to jump on this option if it was available ?

Last edited by SFG; 10/10/16 04:57 PM.

My Specs
Computer : Mac Pro (late 2013) - OS Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor : 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory : 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics : AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Interface : Avid Mbox 3 Pro
DAW : Pro Tools 12.6.0 (64 bit AAX)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Well said. This request, both parts, has been made several times before and some of us have indicated support.

We users do not know how the thousands of RealTracks and RealDrums were recorded. We also do not know what program modifications might be needed for BIAB to read files of higher bit and/or sample rates. The size of the USB drive would have to be larger than the present 1.5 TB drive.

The dry tracks probably exist, in CD quality, though it depends if reverb was applied during recording. I think that would be unlikely since some dry tracks are already supplied with BIAB.

It would be nice to have these options if it's possible.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I can see how some users would like that.

For me I would like to see the opposite, an audiophile minus edition.

Basically it would be WMA files for the realtracks, along with WAV files for the realdrums.

To my ears the WMA files sound fine for most instruments, I can't tell the difference between a WMA and a WAV and if I can't hear it I'm not willing to pay for it.

Drums are different, I can certainty hear lack of high end definition on the WMA file, cymbals etc.

The audiophile version as it stands it too pricey for me, but I would pay more money to get the audiophile version of realdrums.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, yes, the cymbals are one of the best places to hear compression artifacts.

We greedy users (!) started asking for access to even higher quality drum tracks almost as soon as they first became available, around, I think, 2008. Then the request was repeated when RealTracks were introduced. But your suggestion should be doable; there's nothing new that would need to be created, and the program already handles it technically. If BIAB reads a .WAV file, it loads it. Otherwise, it loads and uncompresses a .WMA file. All that's needed then is a repackaging and a change of marketing. As a bridge to the full audiophile version, it might even prompt more eventual upgrades for PG Music.

I think this is the first time this specific request has been made. And SFG's revisit to this topic was very helpful to prompt your idea. Good job all around.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
SFG Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Well said. This request, both parts, has been made several times before and some of us have indicated support.

We users do not know how the thousands of RealTracks and RealDrums were recorded. We also do not know what program modifications might be needed for BIAB to read files of higher bit and/or sample rates. The size of the USB drive would have to be larger than the present 1.5 TB drive.

The dry tracks probably exist, in CD quality, though it depends if reverb was applied during recording. I think that would be unlikely since some dry tracks are already supplied with BIAB.

It would be nice to have these options if it's possible.

Hi Matt,
You make some interesting points and its encouraging to hear other users would be interested . If PG can see a market they will surely act to fill that void.

Re; The 1.5 TB Drive : ..., I also see that compulsory drive as a shortfall in itself .

That Included Hard Drive (that ships with BIAB Audiophile Edition)
..., Sure its good to have have it for those who want it - but it should be an option IMO

.., for me personally

- I see that PG provided drive only option as an expensive white elephant that makes the purchase price of BIAB more expensive than it needs to be .
(in my case $400 more expensive as I'd also need to pay international shipping + import taxes on the full BIAB price incl shipping costs - once that shipped BIAB hard drive enters my country mad .., then there is the unwanted cost of the drive itself )

IMO - A downloadable OPTION should be made available !
(other companies easily manage this by breaking down their large download into numerous , smaller more manageable sized download 'chunks' (eg: Zip files of 1 - 10 GB each in size) where the download picks up where it left of incase your internet connection gets interrupted during the download

Advantages in Downloading BIAB Audiophile would be this :

- The Buyer - would save on the expensive freight ..., (there is no freight cost when it is a download)
- The Buyer - (international) wouldn't have to pay import duty on the product ..., (if it was downloadable)
- The Buyer - would save money by not having to buy the hard drive from PG in the first place
- The Buyer - may not need (or want) the PG, hard drive ..., (I prefer storing Samples & V.I libraries on separate SSD's, or on PCiE's for faster loading)

The Physical Hard Drive included with BIAB unnecessarily adds to making BIAB more expensive than it needs to be.
Please PG - to make your product even more attractive to buyers (by lowering your purchase price to include a downloadable version) surely this would increase your sales also .., Please make this alternative option available wink

RE; PG & those 24 bit files ..,

I presume there has to be 24 bit Audio files stored safety away within the 'PG' data vaults,

..., as I have never heard of anyone choosing undertake a serious studio recording session by setting up their project with a sample rate and bit setting of less than 44.1kHz and 24 bit
(ie; at least within the last 15 years or so wink )

..., Now that Hard Drive storage space is getting cheaper, many are now choosing to record at at 96kHz , and up to 194kHz.

As for sound sample libraries Go ..., 44.1kHz x 24 bit samples have been the accepted industry standard for many years now , well before the introduction of BIAB .

16 bit BIAB files are truly fine on their own living within the APP known as BIAB (fidelity wise) .., just the same as your CD's at home are also that same 16 bit.., but it is when we export these 16 files into a DAW to endure the further processing - is where that originating 16 bit file starts to suffer.

As no doubtably we are opening our new DAW projects these days at a 'minimum' selected audio quality of 44.1kHz , and 24 bit ...., we proceed to import those 16 bit BIAB files into our DAW project . The very first thing that happens to those 16 bit BIAB files upon importing them to our DAW project is they are 'UP Converted' to 24 bit to conform with our chosen project setting . This does not increase the fidelity of that originating 16 bit file , this conversion does the opposite.

Next we time stretch it,
- add FX (where possible - but these possibilities very limited , or even disabling - due to those files already have FX printed on them )
- mix and mash
- often slight compression is also added on the master buss (to glue the mix)
- Next .., the mix is either Dithered and bounced down to a 16 bit stereo mix ready for print on a CD ,
- Or ..., handed off to a Mastering engineer who does further processing , then dithers and converts the stereo mix to 16 bit.

For the folk who just use BIAB and stay in BIAB .., then the 16 bit files do not pose an issue for you guys
.., but for those who exported those BIAB files out to their DAWs for further mixing and processing then it does effect your final mixes.

.., If you were to then listen to that originating 16 bit BIAB sample after all that mashing in those steps listed above
Hypothetically .. it would be comparable to a comparison of quality between your favorite purchased CD it's the MP3 version.

Please Note Guys:
My reasons for this thread is not to highlight the short comings (ie; limitations) of BIAB in a bagging out or disrespectful manner, but merely to highlight what could easily be possible - with the hopes of seeing BIAB move towards being a more professional and even better product than it already is cool

Last edited by SFG; 10/11/16 12:44 AM.

My Specs
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, yes, I know all that but this is a good explanation for anyone who doesn't understand the request.

Modifying the download strategy is a good suggestion. PG Music also did some experiments with flash drives as the delivery method but apparently did not adopt it for performance reasons.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I'm 100% on board with DRY Real Tracks. Perhaps offer it as an option. For those if us who use a DAW to mix, I know I'd love to have non-effected tracks.

However, I realize the monumental task of going back and remixing the existing RT's to dry.

There would still be a need for the "normal" version since many users do not have the time, or skills, to work with dry tracks to make them sound good straight out of the box.

It would be interesting to know how many people would be interested in the raw, 24bit edition..... to make it worth while investing the time and effort into from PG's end of things.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
SFG Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Yes, yes, I know all that but this is a good explanation for anyone who doesn't understand the request.

Modifying the download strategy is a good suggestion. PG Music also did some experiments with flash drives as the delivery method but apparently did not adopt it for performance reasons.

Hi again Matt ,

I already had an idea you knew your way around a console Matt .., or the traps . I should have addressed your post first before writing the rest of that post . blush
.., plus you had suggested correctly about my explanation being aimed towards some of those users who may not be as familiar with DAWs and the more detailed aspects of Tracking and Mixing and how it all links to the suggestions.

I hope my detailed explanation was not "too long winded and boring" but explained it well enough in layman terms for those wondering , or the guys that use BIAB for other reasons (as there are many diverse users using BIAB for different reasons).

I know my suggestions are likely to be aimed towards a minority of BIAB users ATM, but I do know with these suggestions implemented that BIAB would be welcoming and attracting a whole new user base.

As a Mac user, I quelled the idea of integrating BIAB with DAW use as it wasn't too long ago that some of the lacking features in BIAB for Mac turned out to be dealbreakers for me .

Now on a brighter side - I now see some of those previous deal breakers have been implemented just recently .., and this has re-sparked my interest in BIAB, and now I am at least sitting on the fence 'umming & ah-ing' and alllllmost ready / planning to make my 1st BIAB purchase ,

.., but it is the lack of those items suggested that is holding me back from instantly and enthusiastically leaping with head,hands,& feet with an open chequebook. For me and my intended use for BIAB to be honest - without those items implemented means BIAB is only half the product of what it has the potential to be .., and that potential is one of awesomeness ..., meanwhile all the studio guys are asking "are we there yet"....., ?

If PG implemented those suggestions , then PG would be sending out the welcome mat while raising the eyebrows of a whole new range off studio / Daw users.

Last edited by SFG; 10/11/16 05:23 AM.

My Specs
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I completely agree with you: BIAB could more easily attract a new (though perhaps small) user base of pro musicians and recording engineers. If it's technically possible, it would be really terrific if higher bit rate files were an option. You're right, 24-bit recording is the standard, and it seems likely PG Music would have used that for the master recordings, but we users don't know.

I think your explanations were fine! I tend to go slowly at first until I see what the appropriate level of knowledge is.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Basically it would be WMA files for the realtracks, along with WAV files for the realdrums.

While I doubt that I'll ever purchase an Audiophile version (I'd use EZ Drummer if I had issues with RealDrum quality), this seems a very sensible suggestion.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
no interest in 24-bit...don't even own audiophile version...but dry tracks are always welcome!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Dry Tracks ?

If "Direct Input" is checked, the selected RealTracks will use a "clean signal" guitar so that you can add your own effects through AmpliTube or similar Plugins. See the "Direct Input Available" column for availability of clean recordings.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline, I think the point is that "dry tracks" (Direct Input) was released after a number of RealTracks had already been released. So the checkbox only works for those that have that option, and you need to go look and see in RT Picker whether it does.

So there are those tracks that are just processed, and those that have the option of processed or dry (double the space). This to me sounds like a request that all be "dry".

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
* I'd also like to see a DRY TRACKS also available (in this proposed new Audiophile PRO PLUS version)

"If "Direct Input" is checked, the selected RealTracks will use a "clean signal" guitar so that you can add your own effects through AmpliTube or similar Plugins. See the "Direct Input Available" column for availability of clean recordings."

That says it all, there are already dry tracks and the only ones you are gonna get are the ones that are available. You can't get all DRY.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
SFG Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Originally Posted By: jford
Pipeline, I think the point is that "dry tracks" (Direct Input) was released after a number of RealTracks had already been released. So the checkbox only works for those that have that option, and you need to go look and see in RT Picker whether it does.

So there are those tracks that are just processed, and those that have the option of processed or dry (double the space). This to me sounds like a request that all be "dry".

Hi John ,

Yes my suggestion was for dry tracks for everything .

meaning.., it would be great if PG could go back to their DAW project backups of those original performances that would have no doubt been recorded at a higher bit rate (ie; 44.1kHz or higher x 24bit) ,

and re-bounce / export those original individual tracks out of the DAW

..............., But this time around .............,

- Export them a 24 bit (not 16 bit)

- Make inactive / turn off / disengage all added FX inserts and sends - from those individual tracks before bouncing out those new version 24 bit instrument recording - so that they have ZERO FX at all printed to them (Dry tracks)

.., this includes all instruments .., guitars basses, horn,keys etc ..., the lot.

Note : on occasions a recording engineer 'might include a very slight compression on some instruments like a bass guitar to tame the signal during the recording stage for controlling peaks to the signal meaning - that effect is printed regardless .

.., but anything added after that stage can easily be disengaged from the audio and exported FX free.

Cheers
Dave.

PS: I also think the original printed tracks (but in a 24 bit format and not the current 16 bit format) should be provided also - some guys mentioned that .., My suggestion is give the users the choices .., my point is without the 24 bit tracks and dry tracks , our options limiting to achieve professional sounding individual mixes is too limiting

I also know to suggest the above is lots of work , But to lift the bar and strive for a higher level is always going to mean work .., right

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drums are a different story (unfortunately) and harder to provide FX free stereo stems

Unless BIAB could provide ALL the separate Drum tracks ..., FX FREE .., including ..,

- All individual drum tracks including,
- Kick (in)
- Kick (out)
- Kick (sub)
- Snare (top)
- Snare (bottom)
- Toms
- Hi Hats
- Overhead Mics,
- and any other Ambient room Mics if present

(all individual dry tracks in 24 bit each of course) ..., Hey theres an idea cool cool cool cool

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

anyhow..., there are possible issues with providing FX free real drum tracks (in stereo) .......................................................,

Real drums may be a issue .., as the drums are stereo stem mixes (ie; a sub mix off all the individual drum mics including overheads and distant room ambience mics (if any)

.., usually when making a sub mix like this ...,

Compression, Reverbs, & EQ for each individual drums are treated separately - with all the different FX levels designated for each drum added individually on an 'as needed basis' .., (eg: a snare may have reverb, while the kick wont have any)
- This is to balance / help / and blend these individual drums and cymbals (all with different frequency ranges) to sit nicely in the mix while not overcrowding the other instruments within the mix.

For each Individual Drum /Cymbal / Room Mics .., Pan settings and FX settings , and even volume settings carefully need to be calculated and adjusted during this stage to specifically enhance that actual songs individual characteristics.
These specially prepared individual settings then combine to help that song flow, or perhaps it requires a boost, or maybe a pushing, give it a rushed feel, an in your face feel, or perhaps you want a laid back feel to sit just behind the beat - with the surrounding song they are being individually mixed for.

So thats why those individual drums are mixed in such a way - ie: for their own unique reasons , not a generic one (as we are already all aware of wink )

So .., getting back to that Stereo Drum Stem/Mix ...,

Anyhow .., this final stereo drum stem is likely to remain printed with FX setting that cant be removed (as explained above),

..., and going back to the mix to remove those FX just for the reason of providing a new FX-Less stem would more than likely render that stem lacking it's gel and punch from the drums ..., but there are exceptions ..,

- The only exception this where it would be safe to remove compression, EQ , or reverb from the drums is only if those FX were added to the stereo drum stem AFTER the individual drum mix was created (ie: to glue over the whole kit) ..., then if that was the case we can get rid of those added FX, so that we could at least - have that freedoms to add our own FX for a more suited flavor within our mixes ,
.., It still wont be perfect though, because the underlaying drum elements that have already been printed already mixed may not suit , but it still gives a touch more freedom.

Some may say .., But I like the stereo drums (ie; if they were 24 bit )

Question - now I am ready to go out and start mixing .., right ..., ?

The answer is : Yes and No ,

.., yes if you not fussy and just want a beat to groove to . In your case you are good to go , and 24 bit drums added to your daw will sound much-much better then the current 16 bit versions,

.., and depending on how compressed the current drum stems are , then they should still survive some further compression when a mild compressor is added later in the mastering stage to glue together your final mix.

.., or NO because those drums were 'not' individually mixed in context to whats happening in your mix, they were mixed, EQed, reverbed, and compressed and punch added etc to emphasize whats happening within , and to suit someone else's mix - not yours.

So your only choice here from a mixing perspective, is to begin your mix by using these drums as a starting point ..., and then base the entire feel and dynamics and ambience of the 'rest of your song' ..., based on what those BIAB real-drums are doing (ie; as you start adding & placing the rest of your other instruments into the mix after the drums) ..., meaning those drums are now dictating your mix.

A better alternative method

Luckily BIAB also provides those MIDI files for if the above method does not suit you , and its likely many that fills and hits used in real-tracks wont be spot on anyway .., so a better solution in this case (as Im sure everyone already knows) is to export that midi off to the DAWS MIDI editor for the necessary corrections etc . and then use something like Toontracks Superior Drummer (or similar) to custom taylor something more suitable to suit your desired flavour

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know there are a lot of you guys out there who already know all this stuff backwards and inside out .

The reason I went into such detail was to give a better understanding for those folks who have either not yet explored their DAWs on a deeper level but might want to at some stage, nor perhaps have never used ta DAW before, and were considering buying one.

.., and for those folks , you shouldn't really say you don't need this functionality , (sure some of you might not want or need it) , but there will be many of you who at a later stage.., may find your self In your DAW as such wanting to make full use of these suggestions put forth .

All the best blush

Last edited by SFG; 10/12/16 05:40 PM.

My Specs
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
That's a good point: as your equipment, experience, ears, and reputation develop, you will appreciate working with the best quality you can get.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
SFG brought a number of points to light for me that I’d not thought about, or didn’t know about BIAB. I’m one of those who’s been thinking about upgrading to the audiophile edition. Now, I’m thinking----why not wait for the improved version, if such is likely to come from his suggestions? Makes sense to me (especially for home recording)----although I wish the upgrade was not so costly. On the other hand, wonder how much additional costs might be involved to cover a major upgrade of the audiophile edition?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I think when realtrack/drums were first developed back then they may have thought they would be just used for just live accompaniment, practice, learning or backing tracks and not professional studio use as they are now.
Like the midi charts that were not originally recorded at the same time with midi pickups or DI boxes for dry tracks, so the original recorded ones had to have the midi notation added, I could be wrong but I think Matt had to transcribe some if I remember correctly ? The drums also were just recorded in stereo from the mixer so there were no multichannel drums and midi triggers on them to get midi also.
I do hope that there are original 48/24 bit recordings though ?????
The size of the drive these days shouldn't matter, I see there are 2T SSD drives now so give that a bit of time and they will be cheaper and up to 4t.
I thought also any tracks that have DI you should not have to include the FX ones on the drive or wav/aiff download, maybe just the compressed ones wma/m4a, or, biab/realband could just load an preset fx to go with the DI track ???
To have more control over RT soloist with what's been said before entering the notation and bb engine scans the RT midi notation to place those notes of the RT where you need them, it won't be ideal but will give something closer than random. You could have it like the multiriff selector to rearranged something closer to your notes and give you a lot of choices.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
J. Larry, this all is just a suggestion and speculation. I would have to think it would be a massive effort to prepare thousands of files in higher quality, even if they do exist from the original recording process (which we don't know). Then the BIAB program must be modified to accept them because it accepts .WAV in CD quality and .WMA only (to my knowledge, based on handling of loops).

Pipeline, yes, I was hired to do early RealTracks transcriptions but I assume they hired others also. I was directed not to say anything about their proprietary process, so I didn't. However, I have to assume that the process must have been automated by now with the existence of tools like Melodyne.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
"Then the BIAB program must be modified to accept them because it accepts them..."
BB accepts UserTrack @ 48/24 and RB does also now, so that's a step to getting there.

And yes automated, like the Yamaha piano that records the midi as well.

They will get there, I think there will be big leaps happening now.

In the Share your Band-in-a-Box® Tutorials, Blog Posts, and Reviews! Morrisman gives it a good review but mentions the lack of support for genre's like hip hop R&B.
Not that I'm into hip hop but to attract younger users it might be a good move.

https://youtu.be/h6QojyJVOf0?t=3m6s

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195