Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#369998 10/14/16 10:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Friends,
Here's a new little ditty I wrote about missing and remembering Nashville.

Going Back To Music City VIDEO on Youtube - nothing too fancy tried to keep focus on the song.
Going Back To Music City AUDIO ONLY on Soundcloud.

Hope you enjoy listening. Your time and comments are always appreciated.

RTs - Drums Jive SW; Bass 2132; Guitars 961,2442; Steel 622,2543; Fiddle 1694,1544; Harmonies and vocal recorded with Gauge ECM-87 into EMU 0404USB. Mixed with Reaper 64 v5.26.

Going Back To Music City ©2016 Josie Beck
Today it seem so far away from that young and innocent time
It's been so long since I've been home Tennessee's on my mind
Call me nostalgic I'm plain homesick to feel that way again
I'm playing those songs we grew up on and I remember when

Yeah I'm going back to Music City to that little big country town
With Roy Acuff and Miss Minnie down at that Grand Ole Opry House
Yeah I'm going back to Music City in my mind I can see it now
I'd like to thank every ol' hillbilly for that Nashville Country sound

Tammy and Loretta sing about fellas, Bill whispers and makes us cry
Mother Maybelle's songs bring us home in that sweet old by and by
Banjo and fiddle taking turns with a little Turkey In The Straw
Then Buck is picking and Roy is grinning while we all laugh with HeeHaw

Those little bungelows on Music Row left us with the stars
Time has flown but they shine on those streets in my heart

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Josie,

This is super fun!! Great performance and great song--great everything. I loved everything about it. Now, if they were still publishing songs this good, well...

But that's a topic for another day!!

smile

Again, loved this.

P.S. I also thought video was perfect. Just right, and not distracting. Great job.

User Showcase
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Hi

I have just come across your music i.e. on sound cloud you have an amazing voice ....Karen carpenter. Shania twain ...come to mind when I listened to some of your songs.

Don't take this the wrong way but your music is spot on as well. But it could be better mixed i.e. .

The music should be wrapped around your voice to be pro sounding.

You really are in my opinion the best female vocalist I have heard on here.

I would love to have a chance to remix one of your songs.

It would be a pleasure.

Take care

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ugh,

I think I have to do a forum interception here and I will state that I am being gentle Colly because I know you are new to the forum and we are glad to have you here. However:

Josie does indeed have a great voice but saying she is the "best" implies others are not as good and we just don't do that around here. This is not our forum etiquette. I am sure it was accidental, but this is just not done. There are many, many splendid female vocalists on this forum who all have their own unique style, and all have beautiful voices.

It is not one's place to say who is "best" and "better"--this is a community of tightly knit people, and, again, that is just not done. Also, some people spend a lot of time on their mixes and present them as they wanted them to sound.

If they ASK for feedback on the mix suggesting they are looking for a re-mixer that is one thing, but if they don't you probably should not offer. I could be off the mark here, but I think global comments about the mixing quality of someone's entire catalog is just not done, unless some asks for that kind of help. Maybe others have different ideas. That is just mine.

Josie, I think the song was mixed great.

Colly, I hope you receive this in the gracious spirit in which it is intended. I am trying to be helpful for the future, not critical, and I am sorry if I come across as a school marm.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sundance,

A really enjoyable feel-good country song. Very good vocal ( I`m hearing a bit of Suzy Bogguss - warm and genuine with a nice hiccup in the right places!).
BiaB has such a wealth of backing tracks for country - your choices sound on the money to me.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Josie,

This is great! I listened to the audio first and then watched the video.

I really liked the arrangement and the way you mixed instruments and background vocals in and out of the mix so that audio helped paint the story. The mix sounded terrific on my system. When I closed my eyes and focused, I could isolate and listen to each individual component of the arrangement. This is what I always try to achieve with my own work. I find it so elusive, though. You've done really well.

To my ears, your vocals are magnificent. The clarity and the up-front sound are perfect. It's easy to hear just how much effort and planning has gone into creating this production.

In case you are interested, thoughts that sprang to my mind as I listened were: 'great beat', 'this sounds so good', 'Josie's performance is excellent', 'I love the clarity of the mix', 'first class work'.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Liked that Going Back To Music City. The Soundcloud collection taken as a whole has a lot of good stuff in it. Closer Walk sounds fine. (ed)

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Hey Josie,

This is super fun!! Great performance and great song--great everything. I loved everything about it. Now, if they were still publishing songs this good, well...

But that's a topic for another day!!

Again, loved this.

P.S. I also thought video was perfect. Just right, and not distracting. Great job.

Thank you David! I appreciate that. It was fun to do and my husband got to get involved. I like today's music too but I guess you always like what you grew up on best.

Last edited by Sundance; 10/14/16 04:39 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: colly
Hi

I have just come across your music i.e. on sound cloud you have an amazing voice ....Karen carpenter. Shania twain ...come to mind when I listened to some of your songs.

Don't take this the wrong way but your music is spot on as well. But it could be better mixed i.e. .

The music should be wrapped around your voice to be pro sounding.

You really are in my opinion the best female vocalist I have heard on here.

I would love to have a chance to remix one of your songs.

It would be a pleasure.

Take care

Thank you Colly! That's so sweet of you to say. You obviously have excellent taste. (Excuse me, I'm having to enlarge my doors now so I can get my head through.) grin Seriously, I'm in plenty of good company around these parts.

Mixing is my least favorite thing to do. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I feel like I've thrown one at the dart board and hoping it got close enough. My big concern with this one was it being too bright. I'll send you a pm in a bit and we'll talk about it.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Sundance,

A really enjoyable feel-good country song. Very good vocal ( I`m hearing a bit of Suzy Bogguss - warm and genuine with a nice hiccup in the right places!).
BiaB has such a wealth of backing tracks for country - your choices sound on the money to me.

Robert

Thank you Robert! I was working on another song when I stumbled on the baritone guitar - which made me think OMG, that would be so perfect for the song you're hearing now - which was half written in an old note book. So after searching the pile I found and finished it. I love it when that happens with the RT's.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Josie, nice song and you do have a lovely voice. Whoever said Karen Carpenter was right on. Thank you for your work. it's great! Torrey.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Josie,

This is great! I listened to the audio first and then watched the video.

I really liked the arrangement and the way you mixed instruments and background vocals in and out of the mix so that audio helped paint the story. The mix sounded terrific on my system. When I closed my eyes and focused, I could isolate and listen to each individual component of the arrangement. This is what I always try to achieve with my own work. I find it so elusive, though. You've done really well.

To my ears, your vocals are magnificent. The clarity and the up-front sound are perfect. It's easy to hear just how much effort and planning has gone into creating this production.

In case you are interested, thoughts that sprang to my mind as I listened were: 'great beat', 'this sounds so good', 'Josie's performance is excellent', 'I love the clarity of the mix', 'first class work'.

All the best,
Noel

Thank you Noel! I appreciate that so much coming from you - that last song of yours was just gorgeous. I had a good time singing this one and putting it together. I was ready for a feel good song.

And the mixes - they're all like little babies you take out in world hoping they're not really ugly and you're the only one who can't see it. LOL! I'm so happy it sounded good on your end.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Liked that Going Back To Music City. The Soundcloud collection taken as a whole has a lot of good stuff in it. Closer Walk sounds fine. (ed)

Thank you very much Ed!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi Josie, nice song and you do have a lovely voice. Whoever said Karen Carpenter was right on. Thank you for your work. it's great! Torrey.

Thank you for those kind words Torrey!

KC is one of my favs. So sad she died too young.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Gorgeous song and performance Josie.

The main vocal and harmonies sound just right to my ears.
Oh and I love that baritone guitar RT.

Congrats.

Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very much enjoyed this one, Josie! Lyrics are well written, and I enjoyed the vocal. Choice of realtracks is spot on, and the mix sounds good to these ears.

Heading over to check out the video now ....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh yeah! We've been missing this positive "Josie vibe" lately...and this one does not disappoint. It's wonderful to see you back with a new one.

As always it's hard to bring anything to the table after Noel checks in smile He pretty much covered it all.

For us It's one of those tunes for which there's no need to parse things out. It sounds like a well arranged, written, and mixed and as we say "happy" vocals!" -- In the fun mode of your "It is what it is" and that is one that really stuck with us.

And a mighty fine addition to our SC playlist!

Kudos

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Tammy and Loretta sing about fellas, Bill whispers and makes us cry
Mother Maybelle's songs bring us home in that sweet old by and by
Banjo and fiddle taking turns with a little Turkey In The Straw
Then Buck is picking and Roy is grinning while we all laugh with HeeHaw"

A very strong write, Josie. My favorite of yours. Especially like "...Banjo and fiddle... taking turns with a little..." - nice!

And nice to hear Roy Acuff mentioned for a change (instead of the standard choices that most people make in nostalgia songs)... well done all around! The HeeHaw sound clip was great!

That baritone guitar sounds terrific, too. The fiddle and steel are nicely placed.

Really enjoyed this (several times!)

floyd

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Josie,

Love it! Wonderful use of the RealTracks, especially that guitar lick. I enjoyed watching the video too! Time to visit Nashville!

Pauline
PG Music Team

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Josie, I think I have seen all 231 episodes of Hee Haw. Salute... Really great editing and a superb write and vocal. I have listened several times and I like this a lot. A BIG Bravo!!! Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,468
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195