Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi receder, this works for me also. The vocoder works also. But on top of that I love the melody in this little song. I would love to hear you at some point come back and expand on this with another verse/chorus. Thanks Torrey

User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music

Vocoders are a beautiful thing!

Indeed! smile

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi receder, this works for me also. The vocoder works also. But on top of that I love the melody in this little song. I would love to hear you at some point come back and expand on this with another verse/chorus. Thanks Torrey

Thanks for your comments Torrey. You know, I had another look at the song yesterday and there is an obvious missing verse between verse 2 and the bridge which I have now written. I also had an idea about an outro synth part. So, watch this space for version 2 of TSOTT!

Cheers
Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey man,

I really enjoyed this. Great work with the vocal effects and midi!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
receder - Great work on this song! I also really enjoyed the Vocoder sound you chose. The time you spent auditioning the presets was time well spent smile

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey man,

I really enjoyed this. Great work with the vocal effects and midi!

Thanks a lot David. It was fun making it too smile Stay tuned for version 2 which might even reach the 3 minute mark!

Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
receder - Great work on this song! I also really enjoyed the Vocoder sound you chose. The time you spent auditioning the presets was time well spent smile

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

Thanks a lot Callie. I feel honored to be the Hot Forum Topic.

All the best,
Rec

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very, very cool Rec!! This definitely has the retro feel of a time when bands used their imaginations to come up with interesting music. I thought the vocal fx were perfect. Wish the song was longer! Great job!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks very much Greg. Really appreciate your comments.

I nearly have a new version completed which runs to just over 3 minutes. Just working on the ending. Should be posted tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Rec

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rec,

I love that title. There's a really old huge Oak by my house and you wonder at all the changes that giant old tree has lived through.

Very creative writing and production that sounds great.
Also interesting reading how you put it all together.

Much enjoyed. Well done.

User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Josie,

Thank you for listening to my song and for your kind words.

I have now finished the new longer version which is still on the same link as the original.

All the best,
Rec

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Good and original work; nice sound

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Sergio, much appreciated.

Rec

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rec,

I love this. Sounds like music from the future. Very tight writing carried along on an interesting melody. Enjoyed it.

BTW - is your avatar a Dickens character?

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Rec,

I love this. Sounds like music from the future. Very tight writing carried along on an interesting melody. Enjoyed it.

BTW - is your avatar a Dickens character?

Regards,
Bob

Thanks a lot Bob. I appreciate your comments coming as they do from a master of songwriting.

My avatar is the Mad Hatter (the previous one was the Caterpillar). These are photos I took at a park in Ripon (N Yorks, UK) of a tree sculpture depicting characters from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Carroll spent time as choirboy at Ripon Cathedral and is said to have been inspired to create the characters by the cathedral's animal carvings. The sculptures were carved using the trunks of a cypress tree.

All the best,
Rec

Last edited by receder; 10/22/16 04:09 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah...Mad Hatter. York, you say? One of our senior members is in York City - ROG. I've always wanted to see York Minster myself. cool

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Ah...Mad Hatter. York, you say? One of our senior members is in York City - ROG. I've always wanted to see York Minster myself. cool

Regards,
Bob

I'm about 25 miles from York and I visit there quite a bit. York Minster is an amazing place although I haven't been there in a while. I do recall seeing posts by ROG. I'll have to look him up.

Cheers
Rec

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: receder

My avatar is the Mad Hatter (the previous one was the Caterpillar). These are photos I took at a park in Ripon (N Yorks, UK) of a tree sculpture depicting characters from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Carroll spent time as choirboy at Ripon Cathedral and is said to have been inspired to create the characters by the cathedral's animal carvings. The sculptures were carved using the trunks of a cypress tree.

All the best,
Rec

I thought it looked familiar! Very impressive artwork! It must of taken them a while to carve them out with the style they portray. Do you have photos' of the other ones?

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
receder Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Joe,

Yes here's a photo I took of the whole thing...

It includes the Cheshire Cat, Alice, White Rabbit, Caterpillar, Mad Hatter and I think it might be the Dormouse.

Cheers
Rec

Last edited by receder; 10/22/16 10:21 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rec,

Interesting! I enjoyed that blast back into an 80's vibe.

And a good read about the effects of Coursera and Pat Pattison.

I am enjoying your music Rec, glad you are back posting!!!

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice and it's not every day you hear the words "soliloquies" and "paradigms" in one song!

As I respond I'm looking out a window at a 150+ year old hardwood forest. Janice and I walk or mountain bike through our forest everyday so your song is even more special for us.

The vocoder works well for us and we are struck at how much work must have gone into this production. We have much enjoyed our listens and thanks for including the back story.

Superb!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195