Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#372061 10/28/16 07:30 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I wrote this last year about being in a band in the 1970's.
The "fighting of chicks" bit, however, is from the early 2000's as we were driving home from a gig through little welsh villages and narrow country roads in 2 cars, I was second with the drummer Kev, then suddenly this drunk super sized lady was dancing down the middle of the road, so we slowed right down.
She fell on the lead car's bonnet, and started stripping!! Steve the passenger got out, he was luckily a drug and alcohol counsellor! and she then tried to get in the car and held onto Lloyd the driver with Steve trying to pull her out. Once Kev and I could see through our tears of laughter, we leapt out to help him.
We got her out and she really started fighting so we pushed her into roadside bushes and got out of there fast....And no-one ever believed us. frown
We always wondered what she thought when she woke with one hell of a hangover, half naked in a bush in a country lane. HAHAHA grin

Times were wild

I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold
just trying to make a buck, not having much luck just waitin for the man to come
we were in the right place at the wrong time
man those times were wild

living in the back of a hearse we converted I was sleeping on the top of my amp
fighting of the chicks as we were trying to get to famous noone wanting what we could so easily provide
remember that dude with the jacket like a drug store passing that stuff around
now in the wrong place at the wrong time

I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band
scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made
making damn certain I would never ever notice your face, which somehow I did

SOLO

I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band
scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made
making damn certain I would neverever notice your face

I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold
just trying to make a buck, not having much luck just waitin for the man to come
never in the right place at the right time

Key=D , Tempo 70, Length (m:s)=2:54
2 bar intro, 45 bar chorus, from bar 3 to bar 47. Repeat x1 chorus

RealTracks in song: ~585:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Muddy Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1012:Bass, Electric, BluesRock Sw 140
RealTracks in style: 1412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in song: ~966:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyMuted Sw 140
RealDrums in song: BodhranCelticHornpipe^2-a,b:Brushes

RealTracks in song: 529:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 065

Crash is POP American Crash sample,
Extra snare hits are a Bossa snare, and Kick is from a Rock RT. All programmed in FLoops. And a claps loop or two.

enjoy

Alyn

gibson #372064 10/28/16 10:23 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Alyn.

Nostalgia seems to be in fashion on the Showcase at the moment! Fabulous background story to this one.

I looked at the RT list and thought - Celtic Hornpipe? Bodhran? - what's this all about? Well I tried dancing a hornpipe to it without a great deal of success, so I had to settle for listening.

This sounds more like the Steve Gibbons Band - a great rocking blues which kicked off my Saturday morning in style. Make's me wonder how we ever survived those days.

Great stuff, Alyn. More please.

ROG.

gibson #372068 10/29/16 01:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Absolutely great lyrics on this song, totally impressed so well put together and a great story behind them, has to be my favourite of yours to date, knew that I was going to enjoy it just by reading the lyrics alone.

Wasn't disappointed either, great write and production.
I think this is a song that could go far, but maybe then it wouldn't sound the same without the Gibson voice behind it.
Lyric writing as good as it gets here.
Keep em coming Alyn,

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 10/29/16 01:15 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
gibson #372077 10/29/16 02:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another awesome tune that brought back memories of younger days. Last couple years of high school could not wait for Friday. We would pack up the trailer, hook it up to one of our parents car and hit the road. Would be back Sunday the worse for wear after hitting rural Manitoba for Friday and Saturday night gigs. Some crazy days. :-)

Loved the tune

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
gibson #372094 10/29/16 05:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Alyn,

Great capture of that 60s 70s rock 'n' roll feel!
Original, as only you can produce.
Nostalgia all around indeed, most forum members seem to be at least 40 years or older.
Well, we are older than 40 ;-)

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

gibson #372101 10/29/16 07:01 AM
User Showcase
W
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
W
Awesome song, Alyn. I'm also loving all the nostalgic stories flying around here at the moment!

Will - PG Music
gibson #372116 10/29/16 07:44 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Alyn,

Great story and song! Would never have thought of those RTs and they sound so good together.

Favourite points:
- Overall vibe and rhythm
- Love the vocal, lyrics and the vocal echo sound.
- That guitar solo is sweet.
- Like how you made the drums start softly and then come in louder in verse 2
- "Waitin for the man" harmony

Another great Gibson song.

Cheers,
Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
gibson #372121 10/29/16 08:04 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Great song Alyn!!! Love this line:

remember that dude with the jacket like a drug store passing that stuff around

Can't do it any better than that! This is so well done. I love the fast flying lyrics and great live vibe. Reminded me of John and George's songs in the early 70's. Great vocal. Great mix. Loved the end with the one guitar playing-sounded like something that might have happened in the studio with "the dude in the jacket passing that stuff around". I'm loving this old days week. I still try to tell the young people how great that era was. Loved it!! Take care. Greg

gibson #372122 10/29/16 08:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Keep those memories coming - if they have a beat like this you won`t just be singing for us oldsters.
This is the catchiest song I`ve heard by you - the boogie style is a great fit for the band on the road theme.
I can hear some Lennon in your vocal.
Sure hope the Welsh bonnet dancer made it home!

Robert

gibson #372178 10/29/16 11:06 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

I like your song Alyn. your best for me.
Very enjoyable.

Sergio

Sergio
gibson #372179 10/29/16 11:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold..."

The freedom in your writing makes it special.

Your signature vocal makes it more so.

Great story!

Excellent sound - you put together so many good "bands"!

(I am so pleased you are back...)

floyd

gibson #372229 10/29/16 03:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW what a great song. Your backing tracks were perfect as was your vocals. Your lyrics not only were top shelf but they also brought back a ton of memories!

Your "I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made" reminded me of my girlfriend, now my wife. First as a girl friend making sure that I did catch her eye and then as my wife making sure I didn't catch anyone else's eye grin

"I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing" is a fantastic line! Change mad to freaking crazy, add smoking and drag racing and you have my history shocked

This is your best to date and it's a keeper.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
gibson #372240 10/29/16 05:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song Gibson, you took me down memory lane. Really liked the vocal effects. Take care, Torrey.

gibson #372261 10/29/16 06:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Great story, great lyric, great delivery, great song.

Peter

gibson #372320 10/30/16 03:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gibson, This is a great 60's rocking sound. The Reso surprised me but fit like a glove. I like what floyd said about the freedom in your writing. I never know what to expect but I know I'm going to like it. I remember those days quite well. Luckily the drummer had a drivers license because we were too young to drive. Another great nostalgic tune. Tom

gibson #372421 10/30/16 06:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Alyn

Like others said, you have the unique sensibility and the extraordinary stuff.
I cannot understand the English lyrics so well, but the rhythm of these lyrics is very interesting.
The feeling of 60's Rock'nRoll is so well expressed.
I can hear Lennon in this song too.
Great tune. Very enjoyable.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

ROG #372436 10/30/16 09:25 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
ROG,

I wanted to write a song with the bodhran so double timed the rest! It needs a lot of beers to dance the hornpipe correctly to this.

Steve Gibbons Band. NOW what a band. saw them live a lot of times in London in the 1970's.

Good times then and it is now time for payback as we get old grin

hope all is OK up North!

Alyn

gibson #372453 10/31/16 01:03 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice

Alyn

You are a one man band and raconteur. As I have said before I would pay just to hear some of your early life tales, even your more recent ones. But the fact that you are so able to express them in song also you are a true born showman. I enjoyed this one no end

Paddy G

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Musiclover,

thanks a lot.
Quote:
I think this is a song that could go far, but maybe then it wouldn't sound the same without the Gibson voice behind it.

Maybe I might be in the right place at the right time, eventually grin Altho' with that comment of yours I will promote it a bit more!!

I'll give you a shout for a beer if it works!!!

Alyn

gibson #372532 10/31/16 10:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Everybody sure is getting nostalgic! Another great addition to the collection! Really liked it!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195