Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#372458 - 10/31/16 05:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

To all who commented on the guitar parts, Thank You Very Much! Bud and Janice make these collabs very easy and enjoyable to do. Tom

#372481 - 10/31/16 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: PeterF]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice Tom & Bud

Bud - excellent pronoun free lyrics evokes the battlefield perfectly. Nicely mixed.
Tom - beautiful guitar parts that really compliment the song and encase the vocal.
Janice - lovely vocal(as expected and wonderfully delivered)!

A really superb piece - and great collaboration.

Peter

Peter, thanks a lot for those nice comments. It's fun to experiment!!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#372509 - 10/31/16 11:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song! Janice has such an expressive voice, and such great tone. And a big tip of the hat to Tom, guitar playing is right in the pocket, great tone too.

We appreciate you saying that....very much. I'm biased, of course, smile but I do feel she did a fine job with the vocal....and she also came up with the melody and chord structure. Thanks again.

Bud

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#372514 - 10/31/16 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful heartfelt lyric. Really hit home. Beautiful vocal and production. Toms guitar had added such a heart wrenching feel to the song. Well done..

#372525 - 10/31/16 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Really awesome song guys!! Great lyrics, vocals, guitar (Tommy) great everything. Loved it! Rich, rich writing. Extremely earthy and Americana. Great job.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#372538 - 10/31/16 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work. So much to like about this.

The vox are well sung.

Nice RT production.

TA's guitar parts...fills and solo are well played as well.

My only nit is the guitar is a few cents sharp. The sharpness stands out in quite a few places.

Thanks Herb! Glad you liked the production. A small number of tracks but it took some effort to get them all to cooperate with one another smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This one's all about mood!! Set from the first minor chord, it is dark and somber, and powerful. Janice's amazing vocal, and Tom, oozing out emotion with every note, make this a real treat. So well done! Video is very cool too-really matches the vibe of the music. Baritone guitar is the perfect addition. Excellent job on the whole nine!! Take care. Greg

Greg, your description nailed what we were trying to achieve..."dark and somber." Glad you liked it all and thanks for mentioning the vid. It took a while to find those photos and edit them to fit the mood. Thank you!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#372632 - 11/01/16 05:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"thunder echoes through a valley
rain dances on a windshield
miles behind lay two hearts...
bleeding out...
on a lover's battlefield"

Great descriptive lines start to finish. Nice write.

The BAND is perfect for this - simple, sparse, subtle. Tom's guitar is the perfect compliment. Love the solo. Great drum sound.

All topped off with the best instrument of all - Janice. The voice of an angel-with-a-devilish-twinkle-in-her-eye.

fj

Talking about putting a smile on Janice's face...wow! And you made my music week by mentioning the mix and the lyric. Thanks mr jane.

Bud

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#372765 - 11/02/16 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: animarorecords]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice & Bud,

I love a slow burn song and you`ve really captured that brooding mood here. The guitar lead and fills are just so right for the song.
"Expressive" hardly does justice to Janice`s vocal but I can`t think of a better word.
Nice video images - particularly that broken window pane heart.
Very good!

Robert

Thanks a bunch Robert. We worked to capture that mood and it very cool that you felt it. And thanks for mentioning the vocal and the video. I search for photos that I hope will "work" but also allow the listener to form their own images. Glad you like the broken pane. It was a bear to get the colors on it to fit the scheme. We do appreciate your thoughts.

J&B

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, Tom

The lead guitar of intro. and interlude is so good.
Janice's vocal is excellent as usual.
The choice of instruments is superb.
Nice video images and great collaboration.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you very much for listening and the nice review. We appreciate the comments and your time to listen!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#372929 - 11/03/16 11:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: gibson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom, Janice and Bud,

EXCELLENT all round as usual. Superb guitar by Tom as I have come to expect!
I like Janice's voice as it seems to be closer to the listener, if you see what I mean, as if she is singing this "just for me", more intimate.

Really enjoyed.

Alyn
ps Band of Brothers was a brilliant series

Alyn, thanks for listening. We're glad you like the vocal. I hard to get exactly what you described and am gratified that you noticed it. We appreciate it!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#373216 - 11/05/16 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: receder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
What a great collaboration.

Excellent in every way. The guitar work is really way up there, Janice's vocals are rich and deliver the song perfectly.

Glad you liked it and thanks for listening and commenting.

J&B

Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Janice and Bud,

Another great song! Moody, plaintive and sultry all in the right measures.
I listened to this on Soundcloud before you posted it here so was lucky enough to get a sneak preview.

Highlights :-
- Lyrical imagery
- Overall production and open sound
- Tom's guitar
- The extra oomph added by the Cajon in the chorus
- No pronouns - adds to the "mystery" i.e. we don't know who Janice is singing about.

Loved it,
Jez

Reading something like this makes it all worthwhile. Thank you....big time!!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#373224 - 11/05/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Pauline - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hi Janice & Bud,

Great tune! The vocals and guitar are wonderful! Janice I love your process for writing without pronouns. I'm going to give that one a try! I would like to hear a little more reverb as well on your voice; I'm liking the tune as is but it would be interesting to hear a comparison. Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team

#373467 - 11/07/16 08:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: PaddyG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PaddyG

Late night, smoky bar, souls that don’t want to go home for many different reasons, but a few listening to Janice singing this song, knowing darn well why and every word cutting to the bone.
That is where I was taken in my imagination. That is the ability of good songwriting each must take from it what they want, and how they see it.

Good show Janice & Bud

Paddy G

We like where your imagination took it! It's really gratifying to know that you like the "you connect the dots" way we wrote this. Thanks for listening and offering your comments. Made our day!!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#373562 - 11/08/16 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
To all who commented on the guitar parts, Thank You Very Much! Bud and Janice make these collabs very easy and enjoyable to do. Tom

And thank you for the perfect complement to Janice's vocal.

Bud

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#373758 - 11/10/16 05:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Beautiful heartfelt lyric. Really hit home. Beautiful vocal and production. Toms guitar had added such a heart wrenching feel to the song. Well done..

Thank you. You mentioned all of the aspects we worked for and we are happy it all worked for you. And we hugely agree with your comments about the guitar!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#373761 - 11/10/16 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Late to the party on this one. I love when the performance blends so seamlessly into the production. And Tommy adds so much. Really enjoyed this one. Another hit for I-75!

Regards,

Bob

#373985 - 11/12/16 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Really awesome song guys!! Great lyrics, vocals, guitar (Tommy) great everything. Loved it! Rich, rich writing. Extremely earthy and Americana. Great job.

"Rich, rich writing" coming from you is an enormously appreciated compliment since the two of us so greatly admire your writing. Wow...thank you David!

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#374065 - 11/13/16 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Pauline - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pauline - PG Music
Hi Janice & Bud,

Great tune! The vocals and guitar are wonderful! Janice I love your process for writing without pronouns. I'm going to give that one a try! I would like to hear a little more reverb as well on your voice; I'm liking the tune as is but it would be interesting to hear a comparison. Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team

Thanks Pauline for listening and commenting. Unlike SoundCloud YouTube will not let you replace a file once it has been uploaded...so if I were to change the video by adding a new soundtrack I would have to create a new youtube upload (new IRL) and essentially start all over by regenerating the movie and uploading -- and losing the current link and all the viewer data. But I will change the reverb a bit and upload it to SoundCloud. Thanks for your observations!

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#374232 - 11/14/16 08:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

bleeding out...

The BAND is perfect for this - simple, sparse, subtle. Tom's guitar is the perfect compliment. Love the solo. Great drum sound.

All topped off with the best instrument of all - Janice. The voice of an angel-with-a-devilish-twinkle-in-her-eye.

fj
I don't see how I could say it any better than Floyd so I won't try. He said exactly what I was thinking. I enjoyed the video and also like the photo on soundcloud

#374262 - 11/15/16 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Late to the party on this one. I love when the performance blends so seamlessly into the production. And Tommy adds so much. Really enjoyed this one. Another hit for I-75!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob. We appreciate you mentioning the production. And, yep, Tom certainly did.

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
bleeding out...

fj
I don't see how I could say it any better than Floyd so I won't try. He said exactly what I was thinking. I enjoyed the video and also like the photo on soundcloud

Thanks Mr Gruve....we always appreciate your comments!! Great to see you back around.

J&B

J&B Soundcloud
J&B YouTube
J&B Website

#374708 - 11/17/16 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lover's Battlefield (tommyad on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice & Bud & Tom,

Another excellent song. Great lyrics and outstanding vocal by Janice. Love Tom's guitar lines - perfect as always. Lots of emotion in this song. Great job all!

Bob

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Update Your RealBand 2021 Today!

The latest version of RealBand 2021 is ready to download and add to your existing 2021 installation!

With this update we've addressed many user reported issues. We brought back the option to save mono WMA files, made Band-in-a-Box notation slurs visible in RealBand notation, decreased the frequency of warning messages about sampling rates, added program stability when selecting FlexASIO driver, and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Audio Edit Window Tips!

In Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows you can view the audio on any track in the Audio Edit Window.

While you're there, check out the new hotkeys we've added:

-Home key: moves the cursor to the beginning of a track.
-Home+Shift keys: move the left cursor to the beginning of a track.
-End key: moves the cursor to the end of a track.
-End+Shift keys: move the right cursor to the end of a track.
-Ctrl+A keys: select the whole track.

Jump to this topic in our New Features video.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Chord Sheet Improvements!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 we added some handy features to the Chord Sheet, which you can now copy-and-paste chords into with simple text! There are new zoom buttons, part-marker time signature display, additions to the right-click menu, and more. We've even updated the Chord Sheet to resize and make more room for the improved Mixer Window!

We've highlighted some of these additions within our 2021 New Features Video:

Easy changing of lines per page & bars per line 17:49
Time signature displays on main page 18:50
Visual transpose in main screen display 19:05
Visual transpose setting in notation 19:48
Copy and Paste chords 60:04

Forum Stats
34211 Members
67 Forums
68987 Topics
592262 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM