Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
To all who commented on the guitar parts, Thank You Very Much! Bud and Janice make these collabs very easy and enjoyable to do. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice Tom & Bud

Bud - excellent pronoun free lyrics evokes the battlefield perfectly. Nicely mixed.
Tom - beautiful guitar parts that really compliment the song and encase the vocal.
Janice - lovely vocal(as expected and wonderfully delivered)!

A really superb piece - and great collaboration.

Peter

Peter, thanks a lot for those nice comments. It's fun to experiment!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song! Janice has such an expressive voice, and such great tone. And a big tip of the hat to Tom, guitar playing is right in the pocket, great tone too.

We appreciate you saying that....very much. I'm biased, of course, smile but I do feel she did a fine job with the vocal....and she also came up with the melody and chord structure. Thanks again.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful heartfelt lyric. Really hit home. Beautiful vocal and production. Toms guitar had added such a heart wrenching feel to the song. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really awesome song guys!! Great lyrics, vocals, guitar (Tommy) great everything. Loved it! Rich, rich writing. Extremely earthy and Americana. Great job.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work. So much to like about this.

The vox are well sung.

Nice RT production.

TA's guitar parts...fills and solo are well played as well.

My only nit is the guitar is a few cents sharp. The sharpness stands out in quite a few places.

Thanks Herb! Glad you liked the production. A small number of tracks but it took some effort to get them all to cooperate with one another smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This one's all about mood!! Set from the first minor chord, it is dark and somber, and powerful. Janice's amazing vocal, and Tom, oozing out emotion with every note, make this a real treat. So well done! Video is very cool too-really matches the vibe of the music. Baritone guitar is the perfect addition. Excellent job on the whole nine!! Take care. Greg

Greg, your description nailed what we were trying to achieve..."dark and somber." Glad you liked it all and thanks for mentioning the vid. It took a while to find those photos and edit them to fit the mood. Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"thunder echoes through a valley
rain dances on a windshield
miles behind lay two hearts...
bleeding out...
on a lover's battlefield"

Great descriptive lines start to finish. Nice write.

The BAND is perfect for this - simple, sparse, subtle. Tom's guitar is the perfect compliment. Love the solo. Great drum sound.

All topped off with the best instrument of all - Janice. The voice of an angel-with-a-devilish-twinkle-in-her-eye.

fj

Talking about putting a smile on Janice's face...wow! And you made my music week by mentioning the mix and the lyric. Thanks mr jane.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice & Bud,

I love a slow burn song and you`ve really captured that brooding mood here. The guitar lead and fills are just so right for the song.
"Expressive" hardly does justice to Janice`s vocal but I can`t think of a better word.
Nice video images - particularly that broken window pane heart.
Very good!

Robert

Thanks a bunch Robert. We worked to capture that mood and it very cool that you felt it. And thanks for mentioning the vocal and the video. I search for photos that I hope will "work" but also allow the listener to form their own images. Glad you like the broken pane. It was a bear to get the colors on it to fit the scheme. We do appreciate your thoughts.

J&B

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, Tom

The lead guitar of intro. and interlude is so good.
Janice's vocal is excellent as usual.
The choice of instruments is superb.
Nice video images and great collaboration.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you very much for listening and the nice review. We appreciate the comments and your time to listen!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom, Janice and Bud,

EXCELLENT all round as usual. Superb guitar by Tom as I have come to expect!
I like Janice's voice as it seems to be closer to the listener, if you see what I mean, as if she is singing this "just for me", more intimate.

Really enjoyed.

Alyn
ps Band of Brothers was a brilliant series

Alyn, thanks for listening. We're glad you like the vocal. I hard to get exactly what you described and am gratified that you noticed it. We appreciate it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
What a great collaboration.

Excellent in every way. The guitar work is really way up there, Janice's vocals are rich and deliver the song perfectly.

Glad you liked it and thanks for listening and commenting.

J&B

Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Janice and Bud,

Another great song! Moody, plaintive and sultry all in the right measures.
I listened to this on Soundcloud before you posted it here so was lucky enough to get a sneak preview.

Highlights :-
- Lyrical imagery
- Overall production and open sound
- Tom's guitar
- The extra oomph added by the Cajon in the chorus
- No pronouns - adds to the "mystery" i.e. we don't know who Janice is singing about.

Loved it,
Jez

Reading something like this makes it all worthwhile. Thank you....big time!!

J&B

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Janice & Bud,

Great tune! The vocals and guitar are wonderful! Janice I love your process for writing without pronouns. I'm going to give that one a try! I would like to hear a little more reverb as well on your voice; I'm liking the tune as is but it would be interesting to hear a comparison. Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PaddyG

Late night, smoky bar, souls that don’t want to go home for many different reasons, but a few listening to Janice singing this song, knowing darn well why and every word cutting to the bone.
That is where I was taken in my imagination. That is the ability of good songwriting each must take from it what they want, and how they see it.

Good show Janice & Bud

Paddy G

We like where your imagination took it! It's really gratifying to know that you like the "you connect the dots" way we wrote this. Thanks for listening and offering your comments. Made our day!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
To all who commented on the guitar parts, Thank You Very Much! Bud and Janice make these collabs very easy and enjoyable to do. Tom

And thank you for the perfect complement to Janice's vocal.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Beautiful heartfelt lyric. Really hit home. Beautiful vocal and production. Toms guitar had added such a heart wrenching feel to the song. Well done..

Thank you. You mentioned all of the aspects we worked for and we are happy it all worked for you. And we hugely agree with your comments about the guitar!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Late to the party on this one. I love when the performance blends so seamlessly into the production. And Tommy adds so much. Really enjoyed this one. Another hit for I-75!

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Really awesome song guys!! Great lyrics, vocals, guitar (Tommy) great everything. Loved it! Rich, rich writing. Extremely earthy and Americana. Great job.

"Rich, rich writing" coming from you is an enormously appreciated compliment since the two of us so greatly admire your writing. Wow...thank you David!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pauline - PG Music
Hi Janice & Bud,

Great tune! The vocals and guitar are wonderful! Janice I love your process for writing without pronouns. I'm going to give that one a try! I would like to hear a little more reverb as well on your voice; I'm liking the tune as is but it would be interesting to hear a comparison. Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team

Thanks Pauline for listening and commenting. Unlike SoundCloud YouTube will not let you replace a file once it has been uploaded...so if I were to change the video by adding a new soundtrack I would have to create a new youtube upload (new IRL) and essentially start all over by regenerating the movie and uploading -- and losing the current link and all the viewer data. But I will change the reverb a bit and upload it to SoundCloud. Thanks for your observations!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
bleeding out...

The BAND is perfect for this - simple, sparse, subtle. Tom's guitar is the perfect compliment. Love the solo. Great drum sound.

All topped off with the best instrument of all - Janice. The voice of an angel-with-a-devilish-twinkle-in-her-eye.

fj
I don't see how I could say it any better than Floyd so I won't try. He said exactly what I was thinking. I enjoyed the video and also like the photo on soundcloud

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Late to the party on this one. I love when the performance blends so seamlessly into the production. And Tommy adds so much. Really enjoyed this one. Another hit for I-75!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob. We appreciate you mentioning the production. And, yep, Tom certainly did.

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
bleeding out...

fj
I don't see how I could say it any better than Floyd so I won't try. He said exactly what I was thinking. I enjoyed the video and also like the photo on soundcloud

Thanks Mr Gruve....we always appreciate your comments!! Great to see you back around.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice & Bud & Tom,

Another excellent song. Great lyrics and outstanding vocal by Janice. Love Tom's guitar lines - perfect as always. Lots of emotion in this song. Great job all!

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195