You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#378682 - 12/01/16 01:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

So to create MultiRiffs in Biab much the same way as RealBand does.

If I have all my tracks in my DAW, recorded session or BB tracks, so I need some solos or instrument fills.

I have set the solo/fill section to start earlier or end later as in RealBand's MultiRiff's, in BB I just highlight a bar before and after.
Using F5 I mute the tracks @ bar 1, un-mute @ bar 8, mute @ bar 13.
If you can automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs (this should be quick as the other bars are muted, actually empty), so if you highlight the bars then go up to a "MultiRiff" button that will let you choose the RT you want and then mutes the non selected bars and gives me 7 RT Solos/Fills to choose from.
With my downmixed stereo file loaded into the audio track I can find one that fits (you can even look at the notation of each of the 7 Riffs beforehand that you can't do in Realband), all we need to do is solo a riff and the Audio track, hit play or highlight a section and loop it, this will play our song Audio track along with it til we find one that fits while BB is looping, or generate up 7 again with Play/Generate button, then drag it out, either the section bars by highlighting them or the whole track without highlighting any bars.
You can also drag the RealCharts out to your DAW, click your notation window.
Once we have ReWire implemented soon, BB as Master and DAW as slave, you can use MultiRiffs with ReWire instead of having to load your downmix into the BB Audio track.
So as you hit play in BB the slave DAW will follow BB start/stop/continue/loop.

Attachments
RB_MultiRiffs.jpg

BB_Reaper_ReWire_MultiRiffs2.jpg (732 downloads)

Edited by Pipeline (12/01/16 01:36 AM)

#401639 - 03/19/17 06:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

DropBox > click No Thanks Continue..
BB-MultiRiffs.mp4

#461115 - 03/08/18 06:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I would give my plus or not comments...if I understood one word of any of the above confused

#461122 - 03/08/18 07:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Icelander]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand.
This way was pointed out to show Win uses that don't or can't use RealBand or Mac users that don't have RealBand, how to create MultiRiffs.

All the tracks are save to a stereo track except the realtrack instrument you want to create 7 Multiriffs to choose from.
That saved stereo track is then loaded into the Audio track of the song, then the same RealTrack is loaded in each of the 7 Biab tracks,
F5 is used on each track to generate the instrument only from bar 8 to 12, this works the same as RealBand generating a MulltiRiff for the selected bars.

Now you solo the audio track and solo the first track,
you play this and see how it sounds, if it fits good then highlight bars 8 to 12 and drag export it into bar 8 of your DAW, or don't highlight and drag export the whole track to your DAW,
else solo track 2 and play as it might play a better Riff or track 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or lucky 7. If you still can't find a suitable riff then just hit the regenerate all.

As mentioned above, if PG would automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5 mute track , un-mute track), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs.
(this should be quick to generate up as the other bars are muted, actually empty),
This could be done with one button "MultiRiff" as you click the button it will bring the RealTrack picker window up, you select the RT > OK > Biab will then generate up the 7 tracks to the whole chord sheet or just the selected bars if selected.

#461140 - 03/08/18 08:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand. Snip ...

So Pipeline, the wishlist request is for PG Music to add a multi-riff button to the Band-in-a-Box toolbar. Clicking the button would cause the actions you described above to happen, is that correct? If so, +1.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#461170 - 03/08/18 11:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Pipeline, if only PGM would hire you on a contract basis I feel we would get some cool features that are truly useful really fast.

#461173 - 03/08/18 01:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#461175 - 03/08/18 01:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Real clever thinking awesome stuff..!!

#461206 - 03/08/18 04:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Sydney NSW
Keith44 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW
+ 1

#461214 - 03/08/18 05:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Keith44]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I will try and explain it a bit more easier:

1. You have your song made up in Biab but would like to get the soloist to play a suitable riff at certain bars.

2. Mute the soloist track, Save my song.SGU

3. File > Save Special > WAV/AIFF .

4. Save song As my song - multiriff.SGU

5. File > Import Audio > choose the wav/aiff file you just save, or rename the wav/aiff to the same name as my song - multiriff.SGU my song - multiriff.wav and reopen the song and the file will load into the audio track.

6. Edit > Song Form > Unfold

7. Select the first track and select the RealTrack you want to Multiriff in the RealTrack picker.

8. In the top left of the picker select the next track and set it to the same RT and so on until all 7 are the same RT.

9. Hit F5 on Bar 1 and set each track to mute except the Audio track.

10. Hit F5 on Bar 9 set each track to Back to Normal except the Audio track.

11. Hit F5 on Bar 13 set each track to Mute except the Audio track.

12. Generate all with >+

13. In the mixer right click on the Audio track solo button and right click the solo button on track 1 then 2 then 3 etc..
to preview each Multiriff with the other instrument in the Audio track.

14. When you find the riff that fits highlight the bars and export via DROP and drag to the same bar number in your DAW or don't highlight to export the whole track.

Attachments
BB-Multiriff01.png

BB-Multiriff02.png

BB-Multiriff03.png

BB-Multiriff04.png

BB-Multiriff05.png

#461226 - 03/08/18 06:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#500724 - 11/10/18 11:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

This is an update on how to create up a realtrack freezing sections that you want to keep and regenerating other sections, using the method above, you will be creating the track you need using up to 7 different sections using the F5 "Mute" or "Back to normal", so you keep the parts you like by setting the start of the section to default "......", the sections you don't want set the start of the section to "Mute" then "Back to normal if there's another section you want to keep.
The Muted sections will be generated on the other tracks, when done all the tracks will be merged to one track just how you want it or as near as can be.
I hope by Dec 2018 it won't be needed and this function will be implemented in BB19. !

Generate and solo the first section in track 1 to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 2 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 3 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 4 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar......

Now mute the Audio Track and Drag Render the master to get your RealTrack.

#500792 - 11/11/18 07:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Will all of the separate tracks line up properly? One thing I noticed in Realband is the riffs used to create tracks are of varying lengths.

#500813 - 11/11/18 09:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

You mute the track where a riff ends then generate the next track to play from there this will work the same way that BB generates a whole track.
If track 1 plays good until bar 19 you F5 mute @ 19 and freeze it
now you can leave track 1 soloed (and the Audio track) now solo track 2 as well,
track 2 will be F5 mute @ 1 so now we F5 back to normal @ 19
hit play generate until we get it to flow and fit from track 1 bar 18 to track 2 bar 19 and on until a good section of playing ends and a bad bit starts, then mute, freeze, track 3 F5 back to normal... and so on.
Track 1 maybe give you good playing in the first and last chorus but the middle don't fit so you just generate the middle on track 2.

#504894 - 11/29/18 01:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Yes agree totally that Pipeline possesses a fine analytical mind that is able to cut through to the core of difficult issues and produce solutions that work. This is something I am sure we are all really grateful for. I am sure also the folks at PG Music must be aware of his excellent contrinutions too.

#518677 - 01/18/19 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: funkycornwall]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

PG Music News
Get your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAK Today!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which has been EXTENDED to October 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Special Extended!

The verdict is in, and everyone agrees that Xtra Styles PAK 7 is incredible!

There are 164 unbelievable new RealStyles that await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some surprising new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

The possibilities seem endless with these fully-produced styles, like atmospheric folk, Western swing chicken pickin', dreamy Southern rock, smooth jazz with world percussion, Brazilian samba, acoustic grunge, and '90s R&B. We've even included two great new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles! Do yourself a favor and take home this comprehensive and imaginative collection of styles today!

SPECIAL EXTENDED!!! Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until October 31st! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here.

Mac user? You'll find your Xtra Styles PAKs here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Forum Stats
30239 Members
62 Forums
60231 Topics
508318 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
redShed, mshane, thomasopno, MinnetteK, jsbguitars

30238 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 180
Noel96 149