You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#378682 - 12/01/16 01:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

So to create MultiRiffs in Biab much the same way as RealBand does.

If I have all my tracks in my DAW, recorded session or BB tracks, so I need some solos or instrument fills.

I have set the solo/fill section to start earlier or end later as in RealBand's MultiRiff's, in BB I just highlight a bar before and after.
Using F5 I mute the tracks @ bar 1, un-mute @ bar 8, mute @ bar 13.
If you can automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs (this should be quick as the other bars are muted, actually empty), so if you highlight the bars then go up to a "MultiRiff" button that will let you choose the RT you want and then mutes the non selected bars and gives me 7 RT Solos/Fills to choose from.
With my downmixed stereo file loaded into the audio track I can find one that fits (you can even look at the notation of each of the 7 Riffs beforehand that you can't do in Realband), all we need to do is solo a riff and the Audio track, hit play or highlight a section and loop it, this will play our song Audio track along with it til we find one that fits while BB is looping, or generate up 7 again with Play/Generate button, then drag it out, either the section bars by highlighting them or the whole track without highlighting any bars.
You can also drag the RealCharts out to your DAW, click your notation window.
Once we have ReWire implemented soon, BB as Master and DAW as slave, you can use MultiRiffs with ReWire instead of having to load your downmix into the BB Audio track.
So as you hit play in BB the slave DAW will follow BB start/stop/continue/loop.

Attachments
RB_MultiRiffs.jpg

BB_Reaper_ReWire_MultiRiffs2.jpg (748 downloads)

Edited by Pipeline (12/01/16 01:36 AM)

#401639 - 03/19/17 06:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

DropBox > click No Thanks Continue..
BB-MultiRiffs.mp4

#461115 - 03/08/18 06:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I would give my plus or not comments...if I understood one word of any of the above confused

#461122 - 03/08/18 07:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Icelander]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand.
This way was pointed out to show Win uses that don't or can't use RealBand or Mac users that don't have RealBand, how to create MultiRiffs.

All the tracks are save to a stereo track except the realtrack instrument you want to create 7 Multiriffs to choose from.
That saved stereo track is then loaded into the Audio track of the song, then the same RealTrack is loaded in each of the 7 Biab tracks,
F5 is used on each track to generate the instrument only from bar 8 to 12, this works the same as RealBand generating a MulltiRiff for the selected bars.

Now you solo the audio track and solo the first track,
you play this and see how it sounds, if it fits good then highlight bars 8 to 12 and drag export it into bar 8 of your DAW, or don't highlight and drag export the whole track to your DAW,
else solo track 2 and play as it might play a better Riff or track 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or lucky 7. If you still can't find a suitable riff then just hit the regenerate all.

As mentioned above, if PG would automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5 mute track , un-mute track), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs.
(this should be quick to generate up as the other bars are muted, actually empty),
This could be done with one button "MultiRiff" as you click the button it will bring the RealTrack picker window up, you select the RT > OK > Biab will then generate up the 7 tracks to the whole chord sheet or just the selected bars if selected.

#461140 - 03/08/18 08:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand. Snip ...

So Pipeline, the wishlist request is for PG Music to add a multi-riff button to the Band-in-a-Box toolbar. Clicking the button would cause the actions you described above to happen, is that correct? If so, +1.
i7 Desktop, 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 12 GB ram
256 GB M2 SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#461170 - 03/08/18 11:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Pipeline, if only PGM would hire you on a contract basis I feel we would get some cool features that are truly useful really fast.

#461173 - 03/08/18 01:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#461175 - 03/08/18 01:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Real clever thinking awesome stuff..!!
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#461206 - 03/08/18 04:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Sydney NSW
Keith44 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW
+ 1

#461214 - 03/08/18 05:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Keith44]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I will try and explain it a bit more easier:

1. You have your song made up in Biab but would like to get the soloist to play a suitable riff at certain bars.

2. Mute the soloist track, Save my song.SGU

3. File > Save Special > WAV/AIFF .

4. Save song As my song - multiriff.SGU

5. File > Import Audio > choose the wav/aiff file you just save, or rename the wav/aiff to the same name as my song - multiriff.SGU my song - multiriff.wav and reopen the song and the file will load into the audio track.

6. Edit > Song Form > Unfold

7. Select the first track and select the RealTrack you want to Multiriff in the RealTrack picker.

8. In the top left of the picker select the next track and set it to the same RT and so on until all 7 are the same RT.

9. Hit F5 on Bar 1 and set each track to mute except the Audio track.

10. Hit F5 on Bar 9 set each track to Back to Normal except the Audio track.

11. Hit F5 on Bar 13 set each track to Mute except the Audio track.

12. Generate all with >+

13. In the mixer right click on the Audio track solo button and right click the solo button on track 1 then 2 then 3 etc..
to preview each Multiriff with the other instrument in the Audio track.

14. When you find the riff that fits highlight the bars and export via DROP and drag to the same bar number in your DAW or don't highlight to export the whole track.

Attachments
BB-Multiriff01.png

BB-Multiriff02.png

BB-Multiriff03.png

BB-Multiriff04.png

BB-Multiriff05.png

#461226 - 03/08/18 06:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#500724 - 11/10/18 11:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

This is an update on how to create up a realtrack freezing sections that you want to keep and regenerating other sections, using the method above, you will be creating the track you need using up to 7 different sections using the F5 "Mute" or "Back to normal", so you keep the parts you like by setting the start of the section to default "......", the sections you don't want set the start of the section to "Mute" then "Back to normal if there's another section you want to keep.
The Muted sections will be generated on the other tracks, when done all the tracks will be merged to one track just how you want it or as near as can be.
I hope by Dec 2018 it won't be needed and this function will be implemented in BB19. !

Generate and solo the first section in track 1 to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 2 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 3 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 4 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar......

Now mute the Audio Track and Drag Render the master to get your RealTrack.

#500792 - 11/11/18 07:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Will all of the separate tracks line up properly? One thing I noticed in Realband is the riffs used to create tracks are of varying lengths.

#500813 - 11/11/18 09:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

You mute the track where a riff ends then generate the next track to play from there this will work the same way that BB generates a whole track.
If track 1 plays good until bar 19 you F5 mute @ 19 and freeze it
now you can leave track 1 soloed (and the Audio track) now solo track 2 as well,
track 2 will be F5 mute @ 1 so now we F5 back to normal @ 19
hit play generate until we get it to flow and fit from track 1 bar 18 to track 2 bar 19 and on until a good section of playing ends and a bad bit starts, then mute, freeze, track 3 F5 back to normal... and so on.
Track 1 maybe give you good playing in the first and last chorus but the middle don't fit so you just generate the middle on track 2.

#504894 - 11/29/18 01:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
funkycornwall Offline
Journeyman

Yes agree totally that Pipeline possesses a fine analytical mind that is able to cut through to the core of difficult issues and produce solutions that work. This is something I am sure we are all really grateful for. I am sure also the folks at PG Music must be aware of his excellent contrinutions too.

#518677 - 01/18/19 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: funkycornwall]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

PG Music News
It's Almost Over - Order by January 15th to SAVE on Xtra Styles PAKs & Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

NEW products for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

--SPECIAL PRICING ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL JANUARY 15TH!--

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until January 15th (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Windows User? Choose from these links: Xtra Styles PAKs | Loops-with-Style PAK 1

Built-in Audio Chord Wizard Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows version includes some great enhancements to the Built-in Audio Chord Wizard!

-The built-in Audio Chord Wizard is now accessible from the [Audio Chord Wizard] button.
-The Audio Edit window now displays chords and tempos for each bar. They are shown when the Audio Chord Wizard mode is active so that you can see the tempo for each bar as you set the bar lines.
-When you start entering bar lines, the program automatically sets the tempo to the tempo of the first bar.
-Once the tempo of the first bar is set, the program automatically moves the location of the first bar of audio over so that the visual space of the count-in bars is visible.
-After you’ve added the bar lines, IF you adjust the first or second bar and the tempo of the first bar changes accordingly, the program automatically changes the tempo of the song to match.
-Multi-window display. This gives the Audio Chord Wizard a multi-window view so that you can see and edit both the Audio Edit window and the Chords Sheet at the same time. This display is best viewed with a small toolbar mode. This allows you to see the chords as they are being interpreted by the wizard.
-The Audio Chord Wizard can send the transcribed MIDI notes to the Soloist track for further analysis by the user (via Piano Roll or Notation window). Note that this is a "snapshot" view every 8th note of the pitches present, not an attempt at polyphonic transcription. To use this feature, enable the "MIDI to Soloist" check box.

Read more about these enhancements here, or jump to the New Feature - Audio Chord Wizard (ACW) Enhancements section of our New Features video here.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!!!

IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!

Our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases ends January 15, 2020, so there is still some time to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 New RealTracks, new RealStyles, 15 new MIDI SuperTracks, 170 new Instrumental Studies, 30 new MIDI Styles, 280 RealDrums Transcriptions, the 2020 Free Bonus PAK, 2020 49-PAK, and new Xtra Styles PAK 8!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Patch Update Available! (Build 642)

Still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows? Build 642 is a free update full of updates for version 2019, and includes a VST DAW Plugin update to 1.16.29.

Learn more and download here. | Direct download

Note: this patch is not intended to update your version to the recently released Band-in-a-Box® 2020, which is available for purchase here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2019 Build 642 (Jan 08 2020):
Changed: Default the 'include similar styles in the stylepicker' to false each bootup.
Improved: BootupLog.txt will include more elaborate information when troubleshooting bootup problems. This only applies if WriteBootUpLog.txt is present in the Data folder.
Updated: PDF and help (routine cleanup/updaes).
Fixed: "There is no audio file currently recorded" error message when using Audio > Plugin.
Fixed: [Video] > Render Video(s)... menu item should launch the Make Chordsheet Video dialog if Video RealTracks export is not available.
Fixed: Access violation in Song Titles browser if no song is selected when clicking [Close].
Fixed: Applying audio effects using Audio > Plugins would fail with error "Plugin cancelled. Original file is preserved".
Fixed: Audio > Edit Audio > Timeshift Audio would crash the program if the Audio Edit window was not open.
Fixed: Audio will not import to a custom position if there is already audio on the Audio track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash during bootup if an ASIO driver was previously selected, and the device is no longer connected to the computer.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash during bootup if there is a problem with font installation (usually after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when opening a song that contains note-based lyrics.
Fixed: Bar Lyrics and Section Text layers do not line up with bars in Notation window if there are repeats in song, and fake sheet mode is enabled.
Fixed: Clicking OK in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog should not close the floating Mixer window.
Fixed: Close button in Select chorus start/end dialog should behave like Cancel, ie user clicking on bar afterwards shouldn't do anything.
Fixed: Crash with error "external exception C06D007F" while launching if using Windows XP.
Fixed: Dragging a single track to export MIDI causes that track to be permanently soloed.
Fixed: If an ASIO driver cannot connect during bootup, the default WAS driver should be used instead.
Fixed: If using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box, the BB2Go window would display an erroneous QuickTime version, and converting files to .m4a would fail. QuickTime is only available for the 32 bit version, but is only required if using Windows Vista or earlier.
Fixed: Lyrics would not display in the Big Lyrics if "Show chord symbols above the lyrics" was enabled.
Fixed: melodists were getting quantized incorrectly.
Fixed: Possible crash if editing a text layer while using the floating Notation Window.
Fixed: Possible freeze when importing compressed audio files.
Fixed: Practice window | Master Solos | Blues Piano, displays N/A.
Fixed: RealTracks #2975 (Vocal Oohs-Aahs) sometimes played incorrect chords for m7b5 and C7.
Fixed: Rebuilding styles list was causing errors sometimes.
Fixed: Several Piano and Organ MIDI SuperTracks have been edited to remove spurious MIDI events (e.g. mod wheel sometimes caused 'warbling' effect).
Fixed: Sforzando might not automatically be added to the VST list, causing Hi-Q patch selection to fail.
Fixed: Some bars for the B section of RT 2529 were dropping out.
Fixed: Some Bass and Nylon Guitar RealTracks (including 2718, 2724, 2722, 2725, 2719) have RealCharts added.
Fixed: StylePicker: User Category list wasn't refreshing after choosing a new user category.
Fixed: The About dialog said 'for Macintosh' instead of 'for Windows'.
Fixed: The Drop Station would not update if dropping a file onto Presonus Studio One.
Fixed: When choosing a compressed format for rendering files, and "One file per track" is enabled, the resulting files are .wav format instead of the compressed format.
Fixed: Wrong notes on Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.16.29:
Added: copy selected cell if nothing highlighted
Added: shift-arrows to select in chord sheet
Added: SHIFT-ENTER to go backwards in chord sheet
Added: SHIFT-TAB to go backwards in chord sheet, TAB to go forward
Added: support for all Biab file types
Fixed: Added message if attempting to drag tracks before generating
Fixed: Alert window buttons "punch hole" when pressed
Fixed: Audio stutters when resizing plugin in some DAWs
Fixed: auto gen after open feature not working in Studio One 4
Fixed: bounds when highlighting in chord sheet
Fixed: C#7b5b9b13 to chord sheet
Fixed: distortion when stopping playback in pro tools
Fixed: losing focus in chord sheet
Fixed: make selected cell at the end after pasting
Fixed: Open dialog in infinite loop
Fixed: plugin stops playing non-synced tracks when closing and then opening plugin
Fixed: Send space bar keystrokes to DAW
Fixed: some styles not dragging all tracks from blue button
Fixed: track text not resizing correctly
Fixed: Transpose not working
Fixed: Verify folders before each call to Biab

New Left-Handed & Student View Guitar Window in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, the Guitar window has been remade and now supports the left-handed (in addition to right-handed) guitar and student view!

The student view is the view a student (or YouTube video watcher) would have of the (right-handed) guitar facing him with the head at the right and low notes at the top. There's also a left-handed student view, so all 4 possible views are supported.

To change the view, press the [Guitar] toolbar button to open the Guitar window and then the [Settings] button.

See this new feature in action when you jump to the "Left-Handed & Student View Guitar Fretboard" topic in our 2020 New Features video: Click here...

Loops with Style PAK 1 - Just $19 Until January 15th!

The recently released Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is your chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops!

To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

We're offering Loops-with-Style PAK 1 at the introductory price of $19, but only until January 15, 2020 (reg. price $29). Purchase here.

Note: Loops-with-Style PAK 1 requires the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Watch the demonstration video...

Windows user? Click here for product information, or to to purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 1.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows® DAW Plugin 2.0 New Features

Learn all about the newest features added to our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows® DAW Plugin 2.0! Watch the video...

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin, including Audio Harmonies (apply to any DAW audio track, 1-4 voices, using intelligent Band-in-a-Box® harmonies with passing tones). New features allow Customizing Tracks, Bar and Song settings. RealTracks, RealDrums sound improvements (gap filling, thickening), enhancements or reading/writing more data types to/from BIAB song files and much more!

Forum Stats
30939 Members
63 Forums
61940 Topics
523160 Posts

Max Online: 2519 @ 01/16/20 06:39 AM
Newest Members
BenVoiles, ishalove, bgrass, tisara, musicrules64

30938 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 258
Matt Finley 190