You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#336682 - 02/15/16 09:09 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10?
Loc: Balmer, Merlan, USA
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

I use an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra audio interface with BIAB. My short-range upgrade pathway is to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and BIAB2014 to BIAB2016.

Does anyone on the forum use the Fast Track Ultra? Are there drivers for Windows 10? Any problems to know?

Thanks (and sorry for the off-topic question),

Bob

#336721 - 02/15/16 12:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Milano, Italy
LtKojak Offline
Apprentice

I have a lowly M-Track, and the latency never went over 7.5ms on Win10.

HTH,
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#336795 - 02/16/16 06:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: LtKojak]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Thanks, and good to know. Did the driver update for Win10 automatically download during your upgrade to Win10, or did you have to manually install it? (If the latter, where did you find the latest Win10 driver?)

#336813 - 02/16/16 08:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Ireland
Happy Birthday musiclover Offline
Expert

Using the fast track pro on 10, went ok, upgrade from windows 8.1 didn't need to reinstall driver again.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#336824 - 02/16/16 09:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Online   content
Veteran

I have the Fastrack Pro (not the Ultra) and my upgrade to Windows 10 seemed to have picked up the driver from Windows 7 (I did not have to re-install). Likewise on my Windows 8.1 computer when I upgraded to Windows 10 - no need to re-install.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#336961 - 02/17/16 06:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your replies. It sounds like an upgrade from 7 to 10 shouldn't be too much of an issue for my FastTrack.

#337008 - 02/17/16 12:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
LtKojak Offline
Apprentice

Sorry to be the one bearing the bad news:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/Fast-Track-Ultra-Drivers?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FDownload%2FFast-Track-Ultra-Drivers&popup=true

"6.1.10 Oct 10, 2014 This is the final driver release for the Fast Track Ultra.
Note that Windows 10 (or later) is not compatible and will not be qualified"

Looks like you're out of luck.

HTH,

Edited by LtKojak (02/17/16 12:45 PM)
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#337026 - 02/17/16 02:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Happy Birthday musiclover Offline
Expert

Says the same for fast track pro, but wouldn't pay much attention to that as myself and others seem to have it working ok in 10.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#337113 - 02/18/16 06:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Bummer about that LtKojak, but I guess I'll just have to try and see _when_ I upgrade, which may occur later rather than sooner.

#337161 - 02/18/16 01:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Philly
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

I finally bounced my Fast Track Ultra after Avid treated it as a redheaded stepchild too long. I replaced it with a Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 and have had a lot fewer headaches. I always found the Fast Track software interface confusing with all the busses and whatnot.

I hate to replace hardware that works, but if something causes my 4-5 of additional unnecessary aggravation in a month, and it is not officially supported by my OS, it gets replaced.
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
Scarlett 6i6
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#337232 - 02/19/16 06:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: PhillyJazz]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Yes. I feel the same way about the FTU: the user interface (to this day) is quite confusing, although I've had next to no problems with my FTU. It is a heck of a lot better than the old EMU 4x4 it replaced. BTW, I'll keep the Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 in mind if I need to replace. Thanks for the tip.

#337264 - 02/19/16 12:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Software is pretty much always more flexible and versatile than hardware, but there are certain things in life where I just like to turn a dial or push a physical button and see stuff light up. I also like the Ketron 4 for that reason. I can always do what I need on the box if the software isn't cooperating.
Scarlett 6i6
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#385402 - 12/21/16 04:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
AnakoAlbert Offline

For the MAudio Windows 10 drivers, you can get it from here: https://www.driverdr.com/maudio-drivers/.

And if you find the Maudio Fastrack driver you download do not work or not compatible with the Windows 10 system, you can try to enter the device manager, and then uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. Windows will automatically help you do this. And you can view this step by step: https://www.driverdr.com/windows10/update-m-audio-drivers-for-windows-10/

And here is the list of Maudio hardware which released the Windows 10 version drivers: Maudio products drivers compatible with windows 10

#385415 - 12/21/16 05:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
I have the Fast Track Ultra 8R linked to a laptop and have installed the latest driver that is on Avid's website and it works without any problems whatsoever.

I use the laptop and interface in a live situation regularly and I trust it not to give me any problems. (It hasn't so far)

Live I use backings from BIAB, backings from mp3's and play live instruments like TruePianos and Lounge Lizard all on the same computer simultaneously. I can plug my microphone into the Fast Track and have reverb effects on my voice (controlled through the Fast Track's mixer)

Of course the reason to say they're not supporting Win 10 is so that you will happily go and spend more money on a new interface - interfaces are not something you buy on a regular basis!

I also have an old M-Audio Delta 1010 which works with no problems on a desktop computer with Windows 10.

Kevin smile

#490724 - 09/13/18 06:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
truepack Offline

hi all!

i installed 6.1.12 driver on windows 10 home

well, it works, BUT not properly - there are only 2 outputs detected, 1 and 2
outputs 3-4 are not detected and not indicated by any DAW i'm using (fl studio, abletone, vegas)

is there any solution for this bug?

many thanx for ANY answer!

#490736 - 09/13/18 07:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jford Online   content
Veteran

The most recent driver I had installed was 6.1.11 (which I ran on both my Win7Pro and Win10Pro machine); however, I just had a lot of problems with my FastTrack Pro, that I just gave up on it and bought the Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD instead (which I run on my Win7 machine and am thinking of getting a second one for my Win10 machine).

I'll have to take another look at the 6.1.12 driver and see if makes a difference for me (clearly it doesn't for you) and compare it to 6.1.11 (the drivers are still loaded on the computers; I only disconnected the devices).

But yest, the FastTrack Pro is hit or miss on Win10 and they didn't update the drivers properly for it (I guess they wanted you to buy a new unit).

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#491049 - 09/15/18 06:39 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jford]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Yeah .. Sometimes you have to let go of audio gear when the manufacturer stops supporting a new OS. I always thought the M-Audio software was too complex (at least for me.) I eventually went with a Komplete Audio 6.
Scarlett 6i6
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#491556 - 09/18/18 02:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Loc: Graceville FL
insolentlad Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Graceville FL
I know nothing of the FastTrack but I recently found I could use my ancient M-Audio Quattro on Windows 10 via the magic of ASIO4ALL. Not all the bells and whistles it originally offered but all the ins and outs.

#491786 - 09/19/18 12:09 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

Generally, and it seems the more necessary with windows 10, you'll have to update the firmware of your (recent? USB?) hardware. f.i. RME has updates of both drivers and firm wares quite often, though my MOTU midi timepiece's firmware has not been updated as far as i know, though the drivers had.-F

PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28202 Members
59 Forums
54884 Topics
455029 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
JEisen, Kriskov123, Glenno, Shiverware, ssymd

28203 Registered Users