Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is great, love the vocals and arrangement. Love the story.

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So much to like here! The backstory is a great read unto itself. Janice's usual stellar vocal, Bud's great mix and fabulous bass playing. More of that please. The thing I like the most is the pre Bluegrass song form- no chorus. This is like a song that was brought to Appalachia from the people who settled there. An educational and an effective updated period piece. You two continue to amaze us all. Merry Christmas, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Janice and Bud,

They don't come much better than this. One of your finest! I love it that everything about this is real. From the back story, the 40+ year old recording in the opening bars, Bud on upright bass, the mix recreating the "working of the mics" to the photo on SoundCloud. Even the song structure is how it used to be. You sure have put a lot of work into this, but it has paid off big time!

Times must have been tough for Clint and Sanford. I can just imagine how much pleasure they got from their Saturday night sessions. Imagine what they would say now if they could hear your song?

It's also a great production and I love Janice's vocal. It reminds me a lot of Linda Ronstadt.

Brilliant work,
Jez

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! And thanks for taking the time to listen and comment on so many different aspects of the production. Yes, we do wish they could hear it.

Janice said she was thrilled just to be mentioned in the same sentence with Linda!

We deeply appreciate it all.

J&B

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Stunning song and great background story. Enjoyed your concept.

I've had an old tape of my Mom and her sisters playing 'Cotton eyed Joe' back in 1957 at the old homeplace in the mountains where they all were raised. I've given thought since I've been using BIAB to trying to do something with it the same as you've done here but no inspirational lyrics have ever escaped the maze of my muddled mind.

Being able to relate to the authenticity of your song made my listening that much more enjoyable.

Impressive write and production.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bud and Janice,

I always love your songs... but I think I like the write-ups about what led you to write the songs every bit as much!

Once again, This proves your amazing ability to whip automated tracks into a form that flows the way a live band would likely play the song. I hate that I missed the era when you and Janice were playing live on stage... but I'm glad that I haven't missed what you're doing here on the user showcase. Kudos to both of you for your separate and combined talents.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Very cool.
Also if you write a song called Bright Bright Night where Janice keeps saying "it happened on a Briiiiiiiight Briiiiiiiiight Niiiiiiiight over and over in the chorus I will not only put it on my playlist I will shell out cash money to buy it.
smile

Hahaha...now that's a challenge!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Very cool tune. Loved the intro. Mandolin was very cool. Awesome vocal and lyric.

Thanks Scott!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful tribute!! I love the early recording at the opening. Really nice live vibe, and Janice's vocals are KILLER!! With the music, the story, and the cool pictures, it is a multimedia, multi-dimensional experience. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

We appreciate it Greg. Glad it all worked for you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Well, what can I say that hasn't been said already - everyone is loving this song!

It's today's HOT FORUM TOPIC!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Callie for the hot topic!,

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is the one of the best mixes I've heard on here. It's sparkling and smooth as butter. You deftly captured the fluid authentic flow of the arrangement in the mix. Bud playing that great sounding bass! Janice's beautiful voice. An outstanding production and heartfelt tribute to your stepfather.

Hi Janice and Bud,

I wholeheartedly agree with Josie. She describes it so well. The mix is astounding.... crystal clear. I don't know what you've done but it's really something.

I enjoyed listening and was with the song every step of the way. Janice's vocals are perfect and the writing and arranging showcase the story beautifully. It's just great how music can capture a period in time and store memories for generations to remember. You've both done such an all-round great job.

All the best of Christmas to you both,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there J&B.

Loved the story, loved the song.

Perfect in every respect.

Yes, just perfect.

That's about it, really.

ROG.

Wow Rog. That was very kind.
It's always great to hear from you.
Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice !!!:))

This is so good you´ll get
tears in your eyes listening
to it ! What a superb piece
so wonderfully sung and mixed !

May you both have a most Merry Christmas
and a most Happy New Musical Year 2017 !

Cheers
Dani

Thank Dani! We really appreciate your support and comments. And happy Holidays to you and yours.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Andy A - USA
EXCELLENT! Absolutely wonderful, J&B.

Thanks Andy,

J&B

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Janice & Bud, beautiful tribute to your stepfather! Excellent voicing and guitar yet again. Well done! smile

Thanks for stopping by Joe. We enjoy hearing from the folks and are glad you liked it!

J&B

[/quote]
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Well, reading the song description was as enjoyable as listening to the song!

Fun hearing the live bass on there smile

Glad you enjoyed the backstory and the bass!

J&B

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Janice & Bud...

It is no surprise how good this is. Everything you do is done to perfection - and nothing more so than when you return to your roots.

The production, arrangement and mix are impeccable.
No one does details better than "Bud Merritt - Producer/Arranger/Mix Engineer".

It has gotten to the point that Janice's pitch-perfect vocals are taken for granted... and yet, must be applauded with each new performance.

An excellent write. The attention to detail worming it's way into that aspect as well...

Great bass!!! What a cool thing to be able to add...

Standing O. An achievement.

Thanks for everything above. And, one thing we don't take for granted is how important your friendship and support has been to us on this four year musical journey. There is nothing about this production that doesn't reflect your counsel over the years. Your comment about the vocal means a lot to Janice and referencing the attention to detail in the production makes Bud think the ole dog may have learned a trick or two smile

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi J&B. Best for Christmas and beyond to you.
Magnificent song. Really hits the spot. Cheers.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
What a super job you guys did here!
This really sounds like a real band playing!
The banjo is arranged perfectly with a nice spacious sound.
Terrific vocals and terrific mix all over, as always ;-)

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thanks! Really enjoyed your latest.

J&B

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud

Beautiful tribute to your stepfather!
As Greg said, I also love the early recording at the opening.
I feel I learn the roots of your music a little.
The photo on SoundCloud is very nice.
Flat Mandolins are rare in Japan. Very interesting.
Janice's heartfelt vocal reached my mind deeply.
Very enjoyable listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you for listening and writing such nice comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Mike. R.
This is a super song and flows so well. I enjoyed this track immensely and it is still going in my head.

Top quality.

Cheers.
Mike.

Thanks Mike!

J&B

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Janice and Bud, like in many occasions, I almost missed this one. Very heart felt song not to mention the great production as usual. Thanks for the offering.

Mike B.

Thank you so much. Glad you found it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gibson
Janice and Bud,
What can I say?
A great tribute and what a wonderful way to start this masterpiece.

That bass player knows his stuff, nicely recorded.
Vocals, as usual, are above excellent from Janice.

Great stuff, really enjoyed

Hope you both have a good Christmas

Alyn

Thanks Alyn! We very much appreciate your long support of our efforts. We had hoped you would run across this one.

Have a fun Christmas!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
This is great, love the vocals and arrangement. Love the story.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!

J&B

Originally Posted By: tommyad
So much to like here! The backstory is a great read unto itself. Janice's usual stellar vocal, Bud's great mix and fabulous bass playing. More of that please. The thing I like the most is the pre Bluegrass song form- no chorus. This is like a song that was brought to Appalachia from the people who settled there. An educational and an effective updated period piece. You two continue to amaze us all. Merry Christmas, Tom

Tom, thank you very much and you are too kind regarding the bass! Thanks for noting the song structure. I heard them do a lot like that. We greatly appreciate your support and comments.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Stunning song and great background story. Enjoyed your concept.

I've had an old tape of my Mom and her sisters playing 'Cotton eyed Joe' back in 1957 at the old homeplace in the mountains where they all were raised. I've given thought since I've been using BIAB to trying to do something with it the same as you've done here but no inspirational lyrics have ever escaped the maze of my muddled mind.

Being able to relate to the authenticity of your song made my listening that much more enjoyable.

Impressive write and production.

Charlie

Charlie, do it. I put this off for a long time because of the same reason. We even created a completely different version of it years ago that I never liked. Finally, I said it's gonna happen. Your tape is priceless. We need to hear it sometime! Thanks for the kind remarks. It means a lot.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Bud and Janice,

I always love your songs... but I think I like the write-ups about what led you to write the songs every bit as much!

Once again, This proves your amazing ability to whip automated tracks into a form that flows the way a live band would likely play the song. I hate that I missed the era when you and Janice were playing live on stage... but I'm glad that I haven't missed what you're doing here on the user showcase. Kudos to both of you for your separate and combined talents.

Pat, it is GREAT to hear from you. We thought about you and your love of Merlefest while we were working on the song. Thank you very much for the taking the time to both listen and comment. I'm particularly excited that you feel we captured the live band feel. We know you have listened to a lot of live music. Thanks again!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi J&B. Best for Christmas and beyond to you.
Magnificent song. Really hits the spot. Cheers.

Thanks and cool to see you back around!!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is the one of the best mixes I've heard on here. It's sparkling and smooth as butter. You deftly captured the fluid authentic flow of the arrangement in the mix. Bud playing that great sounding bass! Janice's beautiful voice. An outstanding production and heartfelt tribute to your stepfather.

Hi Janice and Bud,

I wholeheartedly agree with Josie. She describes it so well. The mix is astounding.... crystal clear. I don't know what you've done but it's really something.

I enjoyed listening and was with the song every step of the way. Janice's vocals are perfect and the writing and arranging showcase the story beautifully. It's just great how music can capture a period in time and store memories for generations to remember. You've both done such an all-round great job.

All the best of Christmas to you both,
Noel

We very much appreciate that Noel. We are huge fans of your writing and production skills so it is special to us that you liked the song. And one of our fondest memories of the year is the song you wrote for Janice to sing. It was, is and will remain very meaningful to us. Have a good Christmas and a wonderful new year!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a treat! We just love these personally inspired songs ... they're from the heart and almost always full of passion and love. The stand-up sounded good! Almost everything we were gonna say has been said. Simply a great song and excellent production. Loved everything about it!

Merry Christmas and wishes for a terrific 2017!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
What a treat! We just love these personally inspired songs ... they're from the heart and almost always full of passion and love. The stand-up sounded good! Almost everything we were gonna say has been said. Simply a great song and excellent production. Loved everything about it!

Merry Christmas and wishes for a terrific 2017!

Alan & Di

Thanks you two! We hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a happy new year.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Enjoyed listening to the song. As always, great arrangement, singing and production.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199