Page 1 of 2 1 2
#385725 12/22/16 11:27 AM
User Showcase
Caloo Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I am back in this showcase after some months dedicated to live music and other things.

This new song has been inspired by the refugees crisis. " Où aller ? " in french means "Where to go ?".

The RnB style could seem inappropriate to the subject but this is exactly this rhythm that came to me at the same time as the first words of the chorus.

This style is : _RNBSYNC.STY R&B where all tracks have been kept.
I added the sax alto soloist Country Train :2014 (not a track recommended by BiaB for this style, however it fits perfectly)

Thanks if you listen to it.
Merry christmas
Pascal

No hay banda! There is no band! Il n'est pas de orchestra!
No hay banda! And yet we hear a band !

(David Lynch - Mulholland Drive)
Caloo #385755 12/22/16 01:16 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Pretty music!! The refugee crisis is tragic. Without understanding the lyrics, it's hard to judge the fit of the lyrics with the music, but the music is very nice and the vocal sounds great! Merry Xmas!! Take care. Greg

Caloo #385757 12/22/16 01:23 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Salut Pascal et bienvenue encore une fois.

An excellent track with a strong message.

Great vocals, especially the harmonies which worked so well.

A lovely production with some nice changes in texture and the sax solo was sublime!

Have a good Christmas.

ROG.

Caloo #385765 12/22/16 01:37 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Caloo, Nice work on this song! I like the layering of the vocals the effect is quite nice! - Well done! smile

Cheers,
Joe
Caloo #385851 12/23/16 03:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pascal,

Good to see you again.

A wonderful sounding track. Well sung and well mixed.

fj

Caloo #385860 12/23/16 03:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pascal,

definitely good to see you here again!
Very nice song, and the saxophone has a very nice groove to it.
and your French is always pretty ;-)

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a very musical 2017!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Caloo #385872 12/23/16 04:22 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pascal,

I always love listening to your songs. Without exception, they are always incredibly well written, expertly sung and produced with flair. This one is no exception. It sounds great!

The refugee crisis is something that I find incredibly difficult to wrap my head around. When I try to imagine how it must feel to be a family trapped by such horrific circumstances, my ability fails me. It must be such an incredibly difficult path to walk.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Caloo #385902 12/23/16 07:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very enjoyable song. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Caloo #385955 12/23/16 11:11 AM
User Showcase
Caloo Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you very much Greg, Rog, Joe, Floyd, Rob, Anne-Marie, Noel, Scott,
Happy that you liked it and You are all so nice, especially Noel who got the perfect name for the period.

Alors, "Joyeux Noël" and a special thought for the refugees, present and future.

No hay banda! There is no band! Il n'est pas de orchestra!
No hay banda! And yet we hear a band !

(David Lynch - Mulholland Drive)
Caloo #386011 12/23/16 06:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bon soir, Pascal,

Je parle le francais un peu mais je ne le parle très bien. Avec un peu de chance, vous serez en mesure de comprendre que j'écris. J'ai oublié tant!

Nous aimons l'esprit de la musique et poème lyrique de chanson. Nous approuvons votre compassion aux réfugiés. Nous avons apprécié votre chanson très beaucoup. Nous vous souhaitons Joyeux Noël et beaucoup de bonheur dans le nouvel an.

Félicitations.

Alan & Di

* I hope I didn't mess that up too bad. It has been many years since I last tried to speak/write in French!

Last edited by Al-David; 12/23/16 06:16 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Caloo #386022 12/23/16 07:19 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Certainly captures the desperation odds life through a song. Fertile field destroyed by war says it.

Al-David #386169 12/24/16 11:49 AM
User Showcase
Caloo Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Merci beaucoup Alan et Di, oui j'ai bien compris votre français ! Passez un bon Noël !

Marty, you understood well. I am going to post a quick translation of my lyrics after Xmas. Happy holidays too !

Pascal

Caloo #386203 12/24/16 03:16 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pascal,

Great music - can`t help but move the feet even given the feeling behind the words. I understood a little and will check out the lyrics when you post... but for now just enjoying your excellent vocal and very good production.

Robert

Robertkc #386621 12/27/16 08:03 AM
User Showcase
Caloo Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi everyone, hope you had a good Xmas.
As promised here is a quick translation of my lyrics:

"Me, I was a merchant in a lively souk
That was put to fire and sword, so I had to leave.
In this new country, today I am living of obols
To nourish wy wife and my children, the worst thing would be I stole.

Chorus :
Where to go, where to go ? Where to let my tired children,
Far from the powder, the crazy ideas of the cranks.
Where to go, where to go ? Where to put two or three packed things,
Saved from my collapsed house, to flee from where I'm born.

Me, I was a student, valued by my teachers
I made my parents proud, I am far from to be dumb
The school, they burned it down, those who have nothing between their ears.
Where I exiled into, I feel iliterate.

Me, I was a peasant, on a fertile land.
The drought and the clans wars made it sterile
In the mud of camps, on the paving of cities
Nothing will rise in spring, what my skilled hands for

Me , I am a french guy, not a bad fellow
I'm living tranquil in Calais*, I don't demand anything to no one
Who are this strangers, I know they are humans
But since I have a nice orchard, so I fear for my apples."

* Calais is a french town from where migrants try to reach England (the new eldorado) illegaly. There was a big concentration of them (may be you heard about the "Jungle de Calais") until the camp was dismantled some months ago and a majority of people brought to other shelters.

Cheers
Pascal

Caloo #386628 12/27/16 08:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great lead and harmony vocals.

The message is very poignant and thought provoking.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Caloo #386657 12/27/16 11:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pascal,

Great song - love the vocals. Excellent mix as well.

Bob

Caloo #386917 12/28/16 04:20 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Pascal. Liked the sophisticated treatment of the song.
Thanks for the translation.
Particularly liked the third verse bringing up another point of view.
Cheers.

Caloo #387604 12/31/16 08:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
La Bonne Année, Pascal

Very nice chanson français!
It is really orthodoxy.
I love this tune very much.
Very pleasant to my ears.
Last year Charles Aznavour came to Japan.
I very much enjoyed his concert at the seat near the center of the second row from the front.
I listened to your song with the same deep emotion as the concert.
Merci Beaucoup! Thanks for sharing.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Caloo Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you very much, Janice, bud, bob, Rich. and Shigeki !
Happy new year to you and everyone !

Special thanks to Shigeki who is definitively a french song lover. The comparison with Aznavour is so flattering!!!

Cheers
Pascal

Caloo #388138 01/03/17 08:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song, thanks for posting the lyrics in English.
Enjoyed!

Kenny

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,579
Posts734,675
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200