Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392597 01/26/17 02:52 PM
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi, I've reinstalled Acid Pro 7 but I'm having difficulty in two areas. Screenshots provided.

(1)Audio: I'm able to do a 3 chord seq. <ie> C-F-G but.. how do I make <ie> an A minor? as in C-Am-F-G.
(2) Midi: how do I use the Scale feature (a) it doesn't create a scale nor (b) change the already input to the Scale degree?

Hope I've made myself clear.
Thanks

DE

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
AP7_1.jpg (24.06 KB, 168 downloads)
AP7_2.jpg (34.53 KB, 168 downloads)

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
DE,

1- Acid uses loops so you will need to find an Am loop to install between the C and F chords. If you have Melodyne Editor you could put in C-A-F-G and change the A to Am and copy any note to a G for the 7th.

2- I have I idea. I haven't used Acid in years.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi, I submitted this question to Support on Thur. No response on Fri nor do I expect one on the weekend (they need a rest).

Regarding Acid Pro 7
Q1: can I use BIAB's Loops?
Q2. are they all acidtized? or Do I have to check each one?

Thanks
DE

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Biab has a checkbox to acidize a loop or not. Biab by itself does not require a loop to be acidized so the answer would be the good ole "it depends".

I also picked up Acid Pro 7 a few years ago off Ebay for cheap and like you I found very little online explaining how to use it. Just now I googled it again and all I find is some users wishing Sony would update it, issue patches, etc and so far no official comment about it. It appears dead for now so if you want to use it you're on you're own.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
For whatever the information is worth (consider I'm sharing it for free) Sony no longer owns Acid. Sony sold Acid along with a lot of other audio assets like their loop library to Magix. Meet the NEW ++ Acid Pro 7 ++.

Note the new site does offer some tutorials.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You can still download and register free ACID Express
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/ACID-XPress.shtml

Free Acidizer.zip to run on Win10 set the Acidizer.exe > right click > Properties > Compatibility > Win7

This is the original installer but in only unpacks on XP, so the the above is unpacked standalone/portable http://www.xavierjefferson.com/acidizer/

This is Acid Express using BB Loops, if you look down the bottom it will show the Acid info of the highlight loop.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
AcidExpress-1100.jpg (247.13 KB, 373 downloads)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well then I am glad I still have Win XP as a boot drive option and as VM's in the other two HD boots (Win 7 and 10) - grin

Pipeline "chain jerking" aside wink Thanks great info

Larry

Edit:

Pipeline, that last link is kaput

"Error establishing a database connection"

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 01/31/17 06:26 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
""Error establishing a database connection""

yes that site is up n down if you google it you will get the cache.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Yes it will acidize any loop/one shot/disk based that is not already acidized.
You can see if they have acid info in the pic above.
Just browse to the BB Loops folder in Acid.

http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/article.asp?ID=58

This is the original installer only works on XP
http://www.xavierjefferson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AcidizerFree.zip

From Google cache: Acidizer! | Xavier Jefferson

Acidizer is a cool little tool I wrote back in… hmm… 1998? I put it out as shareware in 2000, and made a decent little chunk of money having done so. I’m re-re-releasing it for free. It’s run its course, ya know?

What is it?

Acidizer is an add-on tool for users of the Sonic Foundry ACID suite. It is used to add extra information to wave audio files so that ACID will automatically recognize the file as a one-shot, a loop, or a disk-based audio file. It also aids ACID in knowing how to accurately pitch-shift or time-stretch a wave file.

I remember getting a letter from the Legal department at Sonic Foundry after I developed this and put it out there. I could have pooped my pants, but basically they were asking that I take care not to soil their ACID trademark in any way. As a matter of fact, they also shared with me that their engineers were using my tool internally. Imagine that!

I lost the source code years ago… laugh

Sonic Foundry ACID is no more – I think Sony bought it from them outright. But I’m sure you ACID folks are still out there. Have fun.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I notice nobody here is directly answering the original question which is basically how to use Acid Pro 7. Changing the loop to Am is easy but the other question about the "Scale feature" has no answers.

Same problem I had a few years ago. There isn't much online to help with this program.

Now the bigger question is, is Acid Pro even relevant anymore? Is it worth digging into? For those of us who know nothing about it that would require some real work and I wonder if it's worth it.

All DAW's work with loops now including Biab and RB. The cool thing about Biab and RB is the loops do not need to be acidized and Biab will take the loop and it will follow the chord grid as to the key. I don't think it can change a major loop to a minor.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You can't get blood out of a stone, you would need individual note loops that you layer to make the chord.
Most of the BB Loops I looked at had Acid info.
Loops are soooooo limited, when you buy them they give you a few chords and and a few keys if you are lucky then expect you to stretch the hell out of them.
Look how many chords/keys and variations you get in a RealTrack compared to Loops you buy and pay the same for as a RealTrack, no comparison at all.
RB just lacks the drag n drop from the loop browser straight into the track as Acid has.

RapidComposer will snap it all automatically to chord/scale, I thought both you guys have RC ?
EDIT:
Sonic Foundry-Acid-MAGIX Scale Snapping
Full Screen

Acid_Snap.gif (543.76 KB, 74 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 02/06/17 08:23 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I understand Pipeline it's just I do have Acid hence the question.

And to be clear just because some of the Biab loops have acid info, it is NOT required. Just clip any old loop using pretty much any audio format and Biab will work with it.

Bob

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
When loops were first implemented RB/BB did not read the Acid info so you would have to go thru your whole loop library and enter the info manually as you have to do now with any non acid loops.
That screen shot above is Acid showing the snap to scale not RC.

Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Final question I hope.

The loops from Acid Pro are audio, can these play minor chords?
From BIAB Loops, they are also audio, can they play minor chords?
I know midi can be manipulated easily.
I gave up on Acid Pro years ago cause I couldn't figure out how to play minor (audio) chords.
What I do like about Acid Pro is how easy it is to create music in seconds.

Yes I have RC and I love it but isn't it mainly midi, are you suggesting that after creating midi with minor chords, I should then save it as Wave? And bring that into Acid Pro? But Acid Pro has gazillions of audio loops. THIS is the part I'm confused about.

If I could get an answer re: minor chords, then I can make a final decision on Acid Pro (keep or remove).

"Thank you" for your patience.
DE

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Acid can't change the internal notes of a Chord Loop to change an A to Am A7 Am7 AMaj7...
that's why I said they are so limited compared to RealTracks, if you had a loop for every note and put each note of the Am chord on a new track and played Acid it would play an Am.

Ful Screen
Hold Ctrl key and turn mouse wheel

BB_Acid_Export.gif (499.56 KB, 55 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 02/07/17 09:04 AM.
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Pipeline, got it (finally).

PS: you included a clip, any chance you can provide a Full screen link?

Even with glasses and a Mag glass, still can quite make it out.

Thanks
DE

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As Pipeline said you can not change a major chord to minor chord in loops without purchasing extra software like Melodyne's polyphonic Editor or Studio. With either of these expensive programs you can change any audio chord into another.

So if your Acid loop does not have the chord progression you want you will either have to do the above or search for another Acid loop. BiaB loops are the same that is your chord progression must match the loops chord progressions. Acid loops can change chord progression but only up and down.
That is if you have a loop that goes from an A chord to a D chord you can move it down to a G chord to a C chord etc.

Only RTs or MIDI will follow your chord progression.

You can take a MIDI file and turn it into a loop. This will sound good if you have a good sounding MIDI sound source. But IMHO why bother? As you said MIDI is easy to manipulate.

Maybe this will help:

Acid info about loops

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Last edited by MarioD; 02/07/17 06:51 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
MarioD: that was a very useful link.

I've never had any problems with Regular Chord changes as seen in my original post.

Even that procedure is a small pain .. i what I use to do (in the beginning) was simply change Keys for "x" bars, without handling individual loops then change Keys again back to the original Key etc. That took seconds to do, the image I showed in my original screenshot required selecting "x" loops and making Chord changes and that would take a few minutes

The only reason I dropped Pro 7 was the lack of Minor chords changes. I got fed up with 3 chord specials (C-F-G etc).

DE

Last edited by DEddy; 02/07/17 08:13 AM. Reason: edited

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Ful Screen Hold Ctrl key and turn mouse wheel

Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
GREAT so clear now. That's a big help.
And a great video.

Thanks (many times) again.

DE

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If you want to zoom any image or webpage use Ctrl + mousewheel
you can right click the image "View Image" or "Copy"
then paste into Paint that will let you zoom in.

FF_View_Image.jpg (111.25 KB, 55 downloads)
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Oh so helpful.

DE

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
To get the Acidizer to run on Win 10 now I had to set the Compatibility mode to Vista.
I uploaded the Acidizer.zip to the PG server so it is still here down the track.
Just remove the .mp4 extension, you may have to set Explorer to Show File Extensions.

Acidizer.zip.mp4

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I’ve missed reading the forum for awhile while taking care of some personal issues and missed this thread. Acid has upgraded at least twice since Acid 7 and a couple of the current interactions come with Melodyne to make changes to your loops as well as some “un mixing “ software to snag individual instruments and vocals from a mix to create loops. One of the ways they are offering Acid now is as a monthly subscription so you can subscribe for a month to the more high end version to see what all the improvements are.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,560
Posts734,404
Members38,491
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE, Nancy Gochnauer
38,490 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184