Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
J&B,

Hard to find anything to say that hasn't already been said.

A write, structurally, that harkens back to some classic Country. And an interesting lyric that keeps your attention.

The mix is stunningly crisp and clear - as always. Don't know how it could get better.

And, of course, the usual off-the-charts vocal. Such a pleasure to listen to.

Cool video.

fj

Given your writing, production and singing cred your review made our year!
Thank you!!
J&B

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear "Janice & Bud"...

Listening to pedal steel performances has always made me feel that it is the musical equivalent of the sound of someone weeping, and I mean from the gut. You two are messin' with my heartstrings on this one! Now, stop that! crazy

Would you excuse me for a moment while I dial the number to the suicide prevention hotline? blush

I didn't pay much attention to country/country western music until I stumbled upon Patsy Cline, who's voice froze me in time, wrecked me, and then lifted me up, and I...ain't...kiddin'. And then, Ray Charles happened with his album, "Modern Sounds in Country & Western." Ever since then I've become more and appreciative of those genres, because as far as the delivery of true, honest and heartfelt emotion, they can't be beat. I'd rather flow "tears in my beer" than "give it a hear", and then forget about what I heard.

"Out of Your World" is truly out of this world.

By the way, in the lyrics, there are the words "jack and coffee." May I ask what "jack" is?

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Bud & Janice !:))

How lovely isn´t this
beautiful tune so
wonderfully sung by
Janice !!!

Enjoyed it truly much !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Originally Posted By: ROG

I'm running out of things to say about Janice's voice, but it still brings me out in goosebumps.

I totally agree! Janice has the singing voice so many of us want... smile

This is today's Hot Forum Topic!

Hi Callie, thanks so much and you brought out one of the huge Janice smiles!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice and Bud,

I like this one a lot. Vocals and arrangement and production all intertwine perfectly for a wonderful listening treat. There is nothing I would change. Everything about this worked for me.

Since I first listened to this some time back, I've been pondering the use of repetition in lyrics. Repetition is such a powerful lyric writing device. It's one of the most effective ways I know to amplify lyric content. After bouncing through Youtube from song to song to song, my quest to discover material that showed just how powerful repetition can be stopped when I stumbled on "Climb Every Mountain".

Here are the full lyrics...
Quote:
Climb every mountain,
Search high and low
Follow every byway
Every path you know

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
'Til you find your dream

A dream that will need
all the love you can give
Every day of your life
For as long as you live

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
'Til you find your dream

A dream that will lead
All the love you can give
Every day of your life
For as long as you live

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
'Til you find your dream

...And here are some links to what I consider outstanding versions of the song in very different styles...

1. A traditional approach with Laura Osnes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJNaTQgjKM

2. Barbra Streisand and Jamie Foxx with a showstopping presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86urFx1JnCc

3. Judith Durham (something Australian from 1971 and with a hint of Bacharach in the arrangement)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VM5SlHfdoQ

Oscar Hammerstein's lyrics are simple, direct and yet with the assistance of repetition, they create one of the most powerful and inspiring songs I've heard.

What fascinates me with "Climb Every Mountain" is that the "Climb every mountain, Ford every stream" section is sung three times and each time is alternated with the "A dream that will need" section. This means that after the first section ("Search high and low"), the remaining 5/6ths of the song's lyrics are driven entirely by repetition. Moreover, as the above performances clearly show, each repetition brings a boost to the emotional power of the lyrics.

Thank you for inspiring me to take this learning journey! It's been a valuable excursion for me.

I like the way that repetition has been used in "Out Of Your World". To my ears, the repeated opening section helps emphasise the sense of disappointment that the main character is feeling.

It's two thumbs up from me. You've both done an outstanding job.

All the best,
Noel

You never fail to amaze and humble us with depth of your music knowledge. Reading your thoughtful analysis and listening to the examples was very enjoyable for us. We streamed your response to the big screen so we could both enjoy perusing it. Thanks for your kind remarks regarding the tune and for the learning experience!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Janice and Bud,

There's not much left for us to add... except that we really like this song.
Janice's vocals are beautiful... again, and the music surely is soothing.

Thanks you two! We appreciate your comments.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Great country ballad. a super listening.
Sergio

Thanks Sergio!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Janice and Bud, this is a stunning production. As usual, I am coming late to the party, so pretty much everything has already been said. Mix is spot on. I particularly like the steel in this one. And I don't think Janice's voice has ever sounded better!

Top shelf!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I'm glad you liked the steel particularly given the amount of comping smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Janice & Bud"...

Listening to pedal steel performances has always made me feel that it is the musical equivalent of the sound of someone weeping, and I mean from the gut. You two are messin' with my heartstrings on this one! Now, stop that! crazy

Would you excuse me for a moment while I dial the number to the suicide prevention hotline? blush

I didn't pay much attention to country/country western music until I stumbled upon Patsy Cline, who's voice froze me in time, wrecked me, and then lifted me up, and I...ain't...kiddin'. And then, Ray Charles happened with his album, "Modern Sounds in Country & Western." Ever since then I've become more and appreciative of those genres, because as far as the delivery of true, honest and heartfelt emotion, they can't be beat. I'd rather flow "tears in my beer" than "give it a hear", and then forget about what I heard.

"Out of Your World" is truly out of this world.

By the way, in the lyrics, there are the words "jack and coffee." May I ask what "jack" is?

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Thanks Loren for the very nice review. Hope you didn't call that number smile

Jack refers to Jack Daniels. Never tried it with coffee but assume it could be a potent way to start a morning!

J&B

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice !:))
How lovely isn´t this
beautiful tune so
wonderfully sung by
Janice !!!

Enjoyed it truly much !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195