Options
Index
#393626 - 01/31/17 11:41 PM [User Showcase] The Gamer's Dance
Loc: San Jose, CA
Marty Sorensen Offline
Apprentice

The Gamer's Dance

Here's my first song. Period. Well, I'm not a songwriter or performer. I just finished my novel Window On Pike Place, print and audio, and the audio experience emboldened me. Anyway, we were at a nephew's wedding last year and at one time we were alone with the bride and groom (she's MT in the song), and they are avid gamers, comicon etc., and I asked if there were a gamer's dance, and they had no idea, but I looked it up in Google and couldn't find one, so I wrote this for them.

I did minimal processing, saving it as a wav file and bringing it into Audacity and then adding the vocal. I paid attention to panning, but with 2017 it came that way. I did compression once, but I didn't know (and still don't) know what I was doing, except it made it sound better. I am just starting on this journey. I would certainly appreciate any comments or help.

Marty

The Gamer's Dance

Stealthy movement left and right
Hurried rushing zombie flight.
Softly kicking out to voided space,
But now drawn to love’s embrace.
Hips swaying, you’re surveying in a planet's trance,
Vectored in directed spin to the gamer's dance.

Quest one starting off solo in the air,
Soon now one more, you’re a pair.
As you, untrue, pretend irony,
Add more, truth fore, instant harmony.
Watch out, turn around, throw a laser glance,
Magnetic tape them you can escape them at the gamer's dance.

Quest two dream on search the hidden lair,
Sink your teeth in, comicon with flair,
Lovers, doers, arm in arm they fly,
Crossing, magic, starbright rainbow sky,
Eyes searching hearts lurching, every sound enchants,
MT, Jeffry, at the gamer’s dance.

File:Gamer7.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 130, Length (m:s)=3:26
No intro. 110 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 110. Repeat x1 chorus
Fadeout ending bars =4.
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Patches, Styles,Volume Changes,RealDrums Changes,
Style is -BOSRK^7.STY (BossaRock-7-HiHat Loud, Ride Sty)
RealTracks in song: ~470:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: ~1104:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm BossaGrooveComp Ev 140
RealDrums in Song: BossaBrushes#1: a: Brushes b: BusyBrushes
Second instrumental section style changed to BRASLIA, drums to BossaLewis
Second verse drums changed to BossaBrushesSwingPerc with congas
Third instrumental section style change back to BRASLIA, guitar changed to 362, acoustic strumming, and strings added 1943 synth rhythm Eurodance
Third verse style changed to _RIOMOON, drums changed to SambaFull^1-Sticks,RideContemp
Exit instrumental style changed to Cha Cha Salsa w/trumpet but it's muted, and drums changed to BossaRockFull^1-HiHat,Ride

#393647 - 02/01/17 03:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wow. Marty, I'm here to tell you that's a pretty sophisticated arrangement and mix for a first post.

You've done a good job is selecting a style that works well with your lyrics and putting it all together. The one time compression worked. Nice job, I'm sure the bride and groom will enjoy your song. I enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#393648 - 02/01/17 03:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I agree with Charlie. Well done on your first post.

#393649 - 02/01/17 04:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Marty,

I really enjoyed this - lots of great imagery. Also liked your overall production.

Very nice!

Bob

#393663 - 02/01/17 05:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Great job Marty!

Really enjoyed this!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#393667 - 02/01/17 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
"Eyes searching hearts lurching, every sound enchants,
MT, Jeffry, at the gamer’s dance."

Nice.

Jazz is an interesting choice for gamers. The mix is good.

Nice first post, Marty.

#393685 - 02/01/17 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Marty Sorensen Offline
Apprentice

Thank you so much for your encouragement, Charlie, Scott, Bob, David and Floyd. I hope to learn much from you this year. I will study what you, David, have put up and work on it. And I won't go on because there are so many forums but it's unbelievable how much there is to learn here.

Marty

Edited by Marty Sorensen (02/01/17 08:03 AM)

#393690 - 02/01/17 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Well done. The write is very literate yet remains accessible.
That's not easy to do. The bossa groove was an interesting and
effective choice -- works well.

The mix sounds fine on our monitors.

Kudos!

#393707 - 02/01/17 10:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Wow - your first song? This sounds GREAT smile

This is today's Hot Forum Topic!

#393724 - 02/01/17 11:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Janice & Bud]
Marty Sorensen Offline
Apprentice

thank you from my heart.

Marty

#393939 - 02/02/17 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Wow. Marty, I'm here to tell you that's a pretty sophisticated arrangement and mix for a first post.

You've done a good job is selecting a style that works well with your lyrics and putting it all together. The one time compression worked. Nice job, I'm sure the bride and groom will enjoy your song. I enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Excellent first post! I really like the Bossa vibe. Some very cool lyrics. Keep 'em coming!! Take care. Greg

#393973 - 02/02/17 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Marty,
A very original song - both lyrically and musically ( and with those style changes you clearly put a lot into arranging this).
Very well done- look forward to more "firsts" from you!

Robert

#393978 - 02/02/17 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
"Wow. Marty, I'm here to tell you that's a pretty sophisticated arrangement and mix for a first post.

Charlie"

Marty, Charlie summed it up for me. You did a good job here! Thanks, Torrey

#394008 - 02/02/17 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Marty Sorensen, Well done on this! I really loved the vibes with this. Very easy to listen to and laidback! Keep up the great work! smile

#394192 - 02/03/17 11:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Marty

Very nice bossa nova tune!
Your vocal reminds me of Tom Jobim's vocal really.
The soul of Latin is very vivid in this tune.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#394295 - 02/04/17 12:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Marty,

Congratulations on your first post! I hope there will be more smile

The backing sounds stunning. The bossa style is a perfect fit for your lyrics and your performance. You grabbed my ears attention with the line "Vectored in directed spin to the gamer's dance". That's a very cool rhyme between vectored and directed.

Regards,
Noel

#394359 - 02/04/17 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Charlie

Marty, we agree with Charlie, this sounds pretty sophisticated, arrangement wise.
A very brave first post we think.
And yes, the bride and groom must have enjoyed it smile

[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos]YouTube Channel

#394545 - 02/05/17 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Nice one, pleasant listening
Sergio

Sergio

#394846 - 02/07/17 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Cool song, awesome write, very clever
Nice mix, good feel
Enjoyed listening

Kenny

#394944 - 02/07/17 08:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Gamer's Dance [Re: Marty Sorensen]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Great style you have managed to capture there.

You should certainly be encouraged with this delivery.

Keep up the good work.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Updates!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users - a free update is available!

Using a Windows version? Your update resolves some reported bugs involving Song Memo, RealDrums, hot-keys, etc. Learn more & download - Windows.

Running the Mac version? The latest update for version 2021 improves Edit Audio functions, allows you to stop playback when using the StyleMaker, ensures tempo changes are included when exporting MIDI, and more! Learn more & download - Mac.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Forum Stats
35170 Members
62 Forums
71400 Topics
622312 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pmoprhy, phare11, gfausto, EmiGee, Scoop

35170 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 320
Pipeline 239