You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#395174 - 02/09/17 12:48 PM [Off-Topic] Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

If you have a registered Focusrite product...

...and in case you did not get the email...

Log in to your Focusrite account, and there will be a code to download and install one of the 4 (your choice) Addictive Keys pianos...

(not sure how long these things last)

#395177 - 02/09/17 12:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Oh man I need to jump on that.

#395212 - 02/09/17 05:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Hrm... I wonder if it's too late to register my Focusrite VRM Box. Its no longer in production, but I love that piece of hardware.

I've got the other three Addictive Keys pianos, and they're quite nice. I couldn't quite see purchasing the Electric Grand, but for free... smile

Edit: They only offered me a 50% off voucher code for selected D16 plug-ins. frown

Edited by dcuny (02/09/17 08:17 PM)
Edit Reason: floyd jane did better than me.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#395263 - 02/10/17 01:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: dcuny]
Loc: Germany
CeeBee Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
The SYNTORUS is free and the rest are offered at 50%

#395278 - 02/10/17 04:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
GHinCH Offline
Expert

Loc: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
...(not sure how long these things last)

Usually they last for the calendar month when they're featured. But this one has a promising caveat (emphasis by me):

"In addition to the monthly Plug-in Collective offers, we have teamed up with XLN Audio to bring you a time-unlimited offer for an Addictive Keys instrument of your choice. Use the code below to choose from Studio Grand, Modern Upright, Mark One or Electric Grand."

#395288 - 02/10/17 05:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Thanks floyd!

I registered my year old Scarlett 212 and downloaded all the necessary apps to eventually grab the freebie - I selected the upright. I'm new at this and was amazed to note that the download app indicated that the piano download would take 1.2 gigs. Of course I'm ignorant as to the size of the Logic Pro pianos that I currently use for midi super tracks.

Interestingly I found out I'm eligible fot a host of additional free downloads including a gig of loops and many effects. It's all a bit overwhelming given that I'm still learning my Izotope products.

Bud

#395309 - 02/10/17 08:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

are you talking about the NOVATION email? I almost trashed it because I didn't associate the name with Focusrite...

#395314 - 02/10/17 08:39 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: Pat Marr]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
are you talking about the NOVATION email? I almost trashed it because I didn't associate the name with Focusrite...

No, that is a different email - that one is if you have a Novation product registered (sort of the same thing).

The other (original) is if you have a Focusrite interface registered (or unregistered - they want you to register it).

The pianos are nice - and well worth the price (free smile )

#395396 - 02/10/17 03:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
I just downloaded the Mark One Fender Rhodes.

Gregg Allman is on his way over and we will be playing it clean boys and girls.

No liquor will be involved.

Thanks for the tip off Floyd. You have no idea what is coming now son.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#395532 - 02/11/17 08:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

No, that is a different email - that one is if you have a Novation product registered (sort of the same thing).

The other (original) is if you have a Focusrite interface registered (or unregistered - they want you to register it).

The pianos are nice - and well worth the price (free smile )

well... I have several focusrite products, but I didn't get this offer. But the novation email also showed pictures of Focusrite interfaces, and I was wondering if there was a connection, and this was my invitation to the party....

#395548 - 02/11/17 08:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Pat,
I didn't see the email either. Maybe it went to spam folder .. but logging in it was obvious.

Thanks for the heads up FJ

#396171 - 02/15/17 10:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Direct Link to the collective.... I check it after the first of every month (Outlook Reminder). That's typically when the new plugin comes out. Sometimes it's several days after the 1st.

Plugin Collective

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#396213 - 02/15/17 06:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Has anyone actually tried to run the installer? Bombed on my system and I don't have another 45 minutes right now to start it over like they suggest. Same thing happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago with a Studio Grand demo that I had. 2 strikes against XLN for me.

#396223 - 02/15/17 07:37 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: rockstar_not]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Has anyone actually tried to run the installer? Bombed on my system and I don't have another 45 minutes right now to start it over like they suggest. Same thing happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago with a Studio Grand demo that I had. 2 strikes against XLN for me.

I installed it without any problem. The installer installs itself and then downloads the piano - which was a 1 Gig download - that took a while and there was a fairly significant "quiet period" between the time the download finished and it finally came back to say it was successful... I got the Studio Grand - on a Windows 7 system. David got the Mark One - don't know what his OS is. J&B got the Upright - they have a Mac...

#396228 - 02/15/17 09:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

I wanted the Upright Grand. I have a decent steinway sampled piano in the Garritan Personal Orchestra. I have had two bad experiences with them.

#396252 - 02/16/17 03:14 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Matcham Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
I'm kicking myself more and more. I bought a Focusrite audio interface a few years back and never registered it because I figured I didn't need the plugins that came with it. Can't seem to register at this late stage. And now look what I'm missing out on!

#396677 - 02/18/17 04:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
sslechta Offline
Expert

rockstar_not: I downloaded the Studio Grand and it installed fine for me. Sounds pretty good.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#396699 - 02/18/17 07:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
rharv Offline
Veteran

FWIW, I grabbed the Mark 1 (pretty pain free).
Nice.

#396868 - 02/19/17 08:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

So, I went to run the installer again, as I was instructed to do by the installer itself, and lo and behold, it said there was nothing to do. I picked the Upright, as I have a couple really nice sounding grands. Not sorry at all, sounds wonderful and just imperfect enough to be believable.

-Scott

#396869 - 02/19/17 08:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys [Re: floyd jane]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Gotta say, BTW, the quality of these monthly freebies is really nice. The free reverb from January is now my go-to, built into my project templates.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32611 Members
68 Forums
65541 Topics
555688 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Elwood, qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush

32611 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 185