You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#402169 - 03/23/17 06:38 AM [RealBand] Problems with Realband Update to ver 5
Phil Babylon Offline
Apprentice

Anyone else having a problem with this update? Since applying the update I cannot get songs to generate. Everything appears to be working but once the generation is finished I'm left with nothing but blue lines in the place where there ought to be files and silence.

Any thoughts?

I'm on Windows 10.

Regards

Spig

#402182 - 03/23/17 07:54 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
Loc: ND
Del Offline
Apprentice

Loc: ND
I just tried generating a song using RB ver5 and it worked fine but I have Win7.

Do you see the same symptom for midi tracks and real tracks?

#402186 - 03/23/17 08:08 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Hi

Yes this happened to me . but may not be related as I had used my laptop away from my normal audio interface
I t did give me unpopulated Realband audio tracks from my BIAB realtracks though
On checking I found my Audio driver settings were not as expected they had reverted to Mime reset to asio for pro akai and reselected midi in and out ,then all was fine but only after restarting Realband.

Edited by Mike Head (03/23/17 08:12 AM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#402243 - 03/23/17 12:57 PM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Del]
Phil Babylon Offline
Apprentice

When I reselect my audio driver as Asio then all works fine.

However, previously I wasn't using Asio. So why update 5 only works OK with Asio drivers I've no idea. However, I can't pretend to be very knowledgeable about how drivers and Windows sound system works!

#402252 - 03/23/17 01:45 PM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Hi Phil
Glad you got sorted .
One thing to be wary of is you are using Asio audio drivers in your normal setup for Real band with an external Audio interface as I do.
If your chosen Audio interface is not available at start up (ie not switched on or you have say taken your laptop else where without its audio interface,
Real band reverts to MIME drivers if you start it without it’s expected interface..
Just reselect your correct driver when the interface is available again
I tested this today. Not certain if related to the new build or not

Have fun
Mike

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#402346 - 03/24/17 05:35 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Version 5 update does not generate or regenerate on my Windows 7 version either. I do not have an audio interface connected and use MME.

I have experimented and can get a track to generate after receiving an error message but other anomalies exist in the generated tracks. I've dropboxed an seq file to support.

My problem exists with new files created since the update and I can open previously saved files and everything plays as it should. I can add tracks that generate properly with previously saved songs.

Opening a new project, I recorded an audio track in RB, processed that through the ACW which created a tempo map and chord chart. All of that worked fine. Selecting a RT or Real Style and the program would not generate any track. Selecting generate track via the Generate tool rather than by right clicking would produce an error message and subsequently, generate a track.

It appears the update has made some small change and can be quickly resolved. As a workaround, I can open an existing file, erase the tracks and chord chart, generate and save as a new file. Hopefully so, anyway. I have not tried that out yet....

I did create an sgu biab song, saved it and then attempted to open it in Rb and no tracks generated.

Charlie

Edited by Charlie Fogle (03/24/17 05:37 AM)

#402550 - 03/24/17 06:19 PM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
DaveG Offline
Enthusiast

Same problems here :-(
Guess I should have checked the forum before upgrading. All I have is built-in sound. I went through the audio setup again, but nothing different occurs.

Is there an undo folder for realband updates like there is for BIAB?

Dave

#403196 - 03/25/17 12:08 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: DaveG]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Yes, the RealBand Build 4 update is still posted, and you can install it over top:
http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2017_4
Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem is at this point, but we will look into it.

#403568 - 03/25/17 11:38 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I have always had problems with every version, generate realdrums and I only get 2 blue lines, it won't work unless I close RB and restart it.

#403596 - 03/25/17 03:01 PM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Deville, La. USA
Russell DeMussel Offline
Veteran

Loc: Deville, La. USA
It's working very well for me with one exception. When the songs ends it just keeps going as if the song hadn't quit. Can't find a fix for it.

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

#403922 - 03/27/17 09:07 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Phil Babylon]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Russ, you need to look at your MIDI tracks with the event list and see if anything is "way out there". So if your song ends at bar 100, see if there is any MIDI data beyond that.

Another thing to look at the sometimes happens to me (and I think it was either Noel or Trevor had reported something similar before as well), but is sporadic. If I do a lot of cutting and pasting on an audio track, sometimes, for some reason, cut/paste data gets shoved way down the track for no reason. So you'll need to look at your audio tracks as well to see if there might be some extraneous data way down those tracks, too. I'd start with the vocal track(s), if you did a lot of cutting/pasting/moving/etc.

Laptop-HP Omen I7-10750H Win10Pro 32GB 2x1TB SSD/2TB SATA
Desktop-ASUS-I7-3770 Win10Pro 32GB 3x2TB SATA

BB2022/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#403946 - 03/27/17 11:35 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: jford]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

If you installed Build 5 update patch and are having a problem with RealTracks generation, you can fix it by doing either one of the following:

1. Unchecking the MME 'output always on' setting. This was a new setting in build 5 for the MME Audio driver type. Go to Options --> Preferences --> Audio --> [Drivers], and uncheck 'output always on'.

2. Alternatively, you can download and install (or reinstall) the Build 4 patch. You can install this right over top without doing anything special.
http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/realband_2017_update_build4.exe

--------

**UPDATE**
There is now a Build 6 update patch that fixes the problem:
http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/realband_2017_update_build6.exe

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (03/27/17 04:14 PM)
Edit Reason: Build 6 now available.

#404130 - 03/28/17 06:39 AM [RealBand] Re: Problems with Realband Update to ver 5 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Phil Babylon Offline
Apprentice

Been off the forum for a few days. I'm busy doing the music (and acting in) two plays right now so time is tight.

However, just to say that I seem to be having all sorts of random problems since upgrade 5. Problems with re-generation; being unable to audition styles in the style list if I'm using ASIO; lots of error messages telling me to save my work and restart Realband. I've got to say I love Realband and BIAB but compared to Reaper and Sonar (which I use a lot on various projects) both programs seem so clumsy and buggy. I'm not as techie and I just want things to work. Rant over!

Let's see what upgrade 6 does!! Fingers tightly crossed.

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36030 Members
64 Forums
74379 Topics
652616 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Bob Lee, slelekacs, Stu312, YeeL, aworsley

36030 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 138
MarioD 134