Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, This is an example of how these dance loops can fit right into a country pop song. That guitar loop is really cool how it melts into the banjo loop. While listening I'm cheering on the song on like I'm watching the NCAA tournament. I yelling out C'MON BREAK IT DOWN! Then BOOM , there it is! All smiles. Janette's deliver again. Your song truck is a well oiled machine that backs up to your house and keeps on delivering. Your high standards and above all your attention to detail never disappoint. Always amazed, Tom

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Mighty good country pop. Most, but not all the necessary elements for today's Bro-country. Got have a video and rap verse to be taken seriously... Echo's are a must...

A two chair turn around on the Voice blind audition round.

Adam would say he doesn't know anything about country but if he did, this is what it would sound like to him and Blake was a fool not to turn so he turned his chair to make Blake look foolish.

Aleshia would turn because she thinks this is perfect for Blake and she can't believe Blake didn't turn.

Gwen would say she didn't turn because she loves Blake and did not want to embarrass him.

Blake, didn't turn cause his button was broke....

Steve Goodman would tweet you another verse.......

It's hard to cover all the bases of a modern country song. You have made a serious dent and by any measure given us another great write, arrangement, production and performance. This is a very enjoyable listen and will sound great coming out, loudly, out of my speakers.

Enjoyed this.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Outstanding you guys.

Wow.

What a great song and what a remarkable blend of real tracks and live playing (I guess there was some.)

Truly you have proved your point. Brilliant.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fine work Floyd. Very catchy tune background vocals really set off the song. Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Ok, I just listened to this a few minutes ago, I was logged in on soundcloud and it showed up in my stream when you uploaded.

Very cool, I always dig the country music you do, sounds fresh to me.

Kudos to the janettes also! smile

Thanks, Dave, for your continued support...

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Floyd Jane, Great job on this! I really enjoyed the vocals and guitars. Very catchy tune. Well done! smile

Appreciate you stopping by, Joe...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd,

This is just awesome! As you know, I am a real fan of your music. You have a knack for the pushing the envelope without sacrificing your stellar standards of quality, both lyrically and musically. Great song here, and good job of "showing off" Band in a Box!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
fj,

Love this one. Right in the pocket. Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Team Floyd and the Janettes has delivered again.

This is really excellent, a great driving beat, a perfect lead break, superb lyrics, and all encapsulated with an amazing melody and vocals.

Top job, again.

Trev - very nice of you to say...thanks...

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Great tune, Floyd. I'm liking that sprinkling of modern sounding drums and that backing synth -- fits really well with your established style but also makes a convincing case for modern country! It's always good when a song written to prove a point is also an awesome song. Thanks for sharing!

Will - thanks for weighing in on this one. BIAB should be the first thing in every musician's, songwriter's, singer's tool box... none should be without it...

ROG #404089 03/28/17 01:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Biglad
Once again the doubters are proved wrong.Floyd that is up there with the modern country sound ,hip hop beat,distoreted rock guitars and a little bit of banjo thrown in.thank you for your input.i for one will nevr stop listening or learning from this wonderful forum.excellent allround

John - thanks for giving this one a listen - and for noting its "modern" side... it is, indeed, a wonderful forum...

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.

Oh yes, I DO like it when you get heavy. I discovered Brooks and Dunn a while back and this sounds a lot like some of their up-tempo stuff.

As soon as I heard those drums pumping I knew this was one for the Tannoys and up LOUD. Wonderful.

Great song, great backing, great vocals, including Janice of course, and a great mix.

Well, maybe bring the solo up a bit (ha ha).

ROG.

Thanks, ROG. I knew you would want that solo up! smile We'll have you writing country in no time at all...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bud was talking about the "beats" and the bottom end of this tune and I asked him what on earth that was all about. He then pointed out that I had learned the harmony listening on a mono bluetooth earpiece and had otherwise only heard it on our small monitors. So he streamed it as he had listened to our regular stereo system with subwoofers. I told him I felt like I was sitting at a traffic light with my car shaking smile

This was a lot of fun and now that I've learned something it is different in a good way. Thank you floyd for bringing in a country girl to this!

Janice

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Outstanding. The chorus is superb. And the harmonies add a wonderful color.

Simply a wonderful write and recording.

Scott C #404346 03/29/17 02:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd.
Enjoyed that . Nice and lively. Cheers.

Thanks for dropping by, Richard... (time for a new one from you!)

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hi Floyd,

for great songs Band in a Box can't miss, but also you and your creativity are necessary.

Another super song.

PS I prefer your traditional country style.

Sergio

Thanks for listening, Sergio... I'll keep flipping around...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent tune Floyd. Very cool lyrics. Super harmonies with Janice. Guitar was the cherry on top of the sundae...

Thanks, Scott... yeah, I really like that particular solo RT... and, of course!, Janice does a great job...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd and The Jeanettes !:))

Love this, it is so very
good and I mean everything
on the track !
Superb collab too, simply
pro all over !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Great tune, Floyd. I'm liking that sprinkling of modern sounding drums and that backing synth -- fits really well with your established style but also makes a convincing case for modern country! It's always good when a song written to prove a point is also an awesome song. Thanks for sharing!

Floyd,

Seconds to this- very, very catchy radio-ready. Love the sprinkle of banjo and the harmonies.

Robert

Appreciate that, Robert..

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Just listened to Gary sing "Take A Chance", and now right on its heals, this great song that asks to "Give me a chance".

Very catchy chorus. My foot's tappin'.

Thanks, Floyd.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey, this is one of your better songs in a while.

I liked the way you built this with the techno loop up to the chorus that really delivers the goods.

nice production chops with the break down on the first part of the chorus at 2:20... nice power comeback. The banjo needed to stop on the last hold.... JMHO.

Certainly has the Brooks and Dunn feel to it.

Plenty here to like.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Another radio ready hit! Loved it.

Bob

PeterF #404721 03/31/17 05:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Hey Floyd,

This is good stuff. I like it a lot! Love the drum pattern/beat/loop thingy... Whatever you did there is working. The banjo is very cool as well as the guitar solo RT. Great vocals and mix! Congrats. Another fine Job!

Greg

Thanks, Greg. Always appreciate you stopping by...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Floyd

Clever arrangement - strong chorus you and Janice sound great on harmony.
Nice use of "modern" and traditional sounds. Like when you sing with just the drums.
Lovely arrangement at the end.
Great work.

Peter

Peter - thanks for such a nice review...

44kfl #404848 04/01/17 04:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Floyd,

This immediately reminded us of the album Garth Brooks in the Life of Chris Gaines.
There's one track in particular, Right Now.
We are big fans of Garth Brooks and that also makes us a fan of this song smile.
The Janettes are also in good shape (as always laugh )
Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all. I have never heard the Chris Gaines/Garth stuff. Found a little on YouTube - but, surprisingly, not much. What I did find reminded me of Glenn Frey's solo stuff (which I've always liked)...

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Super write and performance

(and the bar goes higher and higher)

you're really doing great material

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny....so are you!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd,

We have to agree with all the previous accolades. I'm not sure we can add to them. Nonetheless, pour thoughts:

Very commercial and perfect arrangement. And we think you touched a nerve with all who have been in this position - the realization and agony of knowing you really screwed up! You've creatively depicted the bumps in the road to forgiveness ... sometime mountains rather than bumps.

It's a great listen but gives the listener a little something to think about. For those who have been there, you show the empathy. For those who haven't, you've forewarned of the perils of stepping on it with the the love of your life.

The Janettes are sounding as good as ever. Superb harmony! And your choice of tracks were perfect for the message ... we particularly enjoyed the banjo. COntrary to some ways of thinking, the banjo isn't just for Bluegrass and "hillbillies".

Excellent ... we're still smiling!

Alan & Di

PS: And who says we can't get modern with our country? Another rumor squashed!

Alan - what a nice review... appreciate it... hope you are both doing well..

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Very catchy and very pop!
As Greg said, the PG forum Hit Machine just keeps delivering!!! Everything a pop song should be and more.
Your main vocal and background vocals by the janettes are so good.
Bass drum is very cool in the mix.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - thank you again for your continued support of my music... it is appreciated...

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
If this doesn't get optioned by a Nashville label, they are asleep at the wheel. I can definitely visualize it live, crowd clapping and singing the chorus.

Another good one, Floyd.

Andy

BIAB 2017 Ultra
Windows 8 and 10
Scarlet 18i8
Reaper and Mixpad
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,497
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195