Go To
#40750 10/25/09 08:09 PM
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
W
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
W
The last couple of songs I have tried to work with in the Audio Wizard have had some challenges that I hope someone can help me with. The wizard works fine, it is the songs themselves that have the challenges. The basic issue is that I keep running into songs that fall into a nice 4/4 pattern, for say 8 verses of 4 bars each, but end the final verse by stretching out the final bar to melodically emphasize the words of the song. This often amounts to adding something like another have measure or measure to the final verse of a series. Then the song chorus repeats from the beginning again. Th wizard works fine and identifies this as a change in tempo and just stretches this normal four beat (4/4) out and then switch back to the normal tempo on the start of each of these sequence. The problem is that the stretched area timing is not right. The places that the wizard chooses to place the beats are never correct. In reading the Biab docs, they advocate changing the time signature to match the actual beats. I tried this and it just seems to cause odd behavior for styles when you get back to Biab. When you change the time signature you can hear the "band" slowing down or speeding up when you do this. This might be what you want for some songs, but not in my case. In the real performance, the player is just elongating certain syllables for emphasize, not changing the timing of the song. For my purposes, I want to create a very clean song, so I have been trying to avoid using the tempo map generated by the wizard and instead try to capture the song timing in a generic way that does not need this. All in all the wizard is doing a fantastic job of analyzing the song, I just can't seem to get these odd cases back out into Biab in such a way that the style can deal with it properly. I suppose that this has been covered before in discussions about 5.4 timing and such, so I hope there is a great thread out there that covers this. I have not been able to find it though. Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Bill

Expert
Expert
Hey Bill - you should probably put this on one of the other forums - maybe BIAB - might get more attention.

I know what you mean by speeding up and slowing down. Try this - worked for me the other night . . . more or less. ACW gives an "average BPM" - try inserting the average tempo # in the bars that are excessively faster or slower. Make the changes on the BIAB chord sheet - right click on the subject bar and then click on "Bar Settings" - insert average tempo. Do this for the whole song and it might smooth the midi playback out a.

ACW still has some bugs to work out.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Veteran
Veteran
As above...

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
W
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
W
Thanks - I wondered if this was the proper place, but since ACW is in both BiaB and RB I thought I would post here. I am very impressed with ACW despite the bugs. I have seen a lot of odd things happen with it if you go back and forth between Biab and ACW and try to preserve all the information. I am sure that this is like anything else, it takes time and practice to master it.

Veteran
Veteran
I find it is sometimes better to start over than keep going back and forth to the ACW.
If you don't get expected results, re-open the file and try again.. rather than run it over and over in the same seeion on the same file.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,554
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199