You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#409106 - 04/24/17 11:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports!
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

When a bug gets reported (and even verified by other BIAB users) it would be great if PG staff would also take a moment to acknowledge/confirm it. Maybe even suggest when it might be fixed. Maybe even PM the user who reported it when it is fixed!

Currently it feels like a bug is reported and you never know for sure if PG even noted it. Then maybe it gets fixed in a future update but by then I've already figured out a work-around. Or I just cease to use a feature so I never even bother checking that feature again. This process discourages future bug reporting.

#409118 - 04/24/17 02:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

+1
Every so often there is response, but an acknowledgement and/or feedback maybe with proposed actions would greatly appreciated. Without that, it is not possible to know if the report has been noticed.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#409228 - 04/25/17 05:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
This is a reasonable request as long as the person reporting is prepared to accept a simple "report noted" response.

The problem for PG is that once the "bug" has been noted many people will expect more than that. I think it would be unreasonable to expect a considered response on every report or for PG to keep track of when or if the alleged bug will or has been addressed. Expecting PG to keep track of and report the status of every alleged bug for reporting purposes could take a lot of effort.

If I have a bug that is a real problem for me I find it better to start an email thread directly with tech support.

Tony

#409235 - 04/25/17 06:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

I certainly don't expect any instant resolution. Sometimes this is not practical or even possible.

I don't even mind to hear that it may or may not be fixed in the next major release, or the one after that. Just so long as I know it has been received. I think this is what the O/P was mainly suggesting.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#409267 - 04/25/17 11:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: VideoTrack]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I certainly don't expect any instant resolution. Sometimes this is not practical or even possible.

I don't even mind to hear that it may or may not be fixed in the next major release, or the one after that. Just so long as I know it has been received. I think this is what the O/P was mainly suggesting.

Exactly!

#409317 - 04/25/17 04:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I would be OK for them to acknowledge they received the report. I would not want then to estimate when it would be corrected.

Does anyone remember the vaporware issues of the past? If not that was when companies used to promise things and then not deliver on time or at all. A company would promise A, B,and C but only deliver A and B. Even if those two were great upgrades someone would always b*tch the C wasn't delivered.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#409324 - 04/25/17 04:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I served as a beta tester for another software program (the name isn't important since it wasn't for music, and they're gone now, compliments of Microsoft competition). The company posted bug reports in an area accessible only by developers and testers, which obviously meant they received and 'acknowledged' the report. The reports were loosely categorized by function, such as editing, printing, etc. I thought this system was very effective, since testers could check first before reporting a bug. Sometimes the developers would comment, but no promises were made.

Many BIAB users may not know there is constant development work being done by some experienced users who do testing of pending releases. We also report problems to the developers that we think might not have been noticed by staff in the general forums.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#409343 - 04/25/17 07:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Sydney NSW
Keith44 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW
+1

It is extremely important that people reporting bugs should at least be notified that the report has at least been read.

#409349 - 04/25/17 09:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
On the whole I have found PG Music to be responsive to bug/potential bug responses. Occasionally, I have to nudge. I think, speaking as an ex IT Help Desk / Trainer, that support staff often don't like to admit that some problems are hard to replicate / fix especially when everyone is racing around at a million miles an hour. Most Help Desk software has automated features to deal with this kind of complaint with time based features to flick reports up the chain of command.

Edited by lambada (04/25/17 09:12 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#409360 - 04/26/17 12:52 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#409363 - 04/26/17 12:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Yes, FogBugz and Jira are two others. I have to guess that maybe PGM use an internal system.

#409366 - 04/26/17 02:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Wow! We dare not even dream of such things. I would be happy if someone just said "saw it and verified it."

#452217 - 01/19/18 09:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Spain
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

I forgot my vote! +1

#452225 - 01/19/18 10:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

About the comment that support staff might not like to admit a problem is hard to replicate, no, I don’t see that here at all. One of the most frequent responses is “We can’t duplicate that”, followed by a request for a song that shows the problem. Then far more often than not, PG Music acknowledges it and promises a patch. Otherwise they ask for more info.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#452282 - 01/19/18 05:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1
And I think there is a need for a pure bug report forum also. This is a wish forum, so it is often mixed up those two different things.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#452284 - 01/19/18 05:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I believe the way things are intended to work is a post is made in the BIAB for Windows (or Mac) forum. There we determine if it’s a question of user education, missing feature or a bug.

#452472 - 01/20/18 01:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

I guess this is the key:

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Currently it feels like a bug is reported and you never know for sure if PG even noted it. Then maybe it gets fixed in a future update but by then I've already figured out a work-around. Or I just cease to use a feature so I never even bother checking that feature again. This process discourages future bug reporting.

PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28206 Members
59 Forums
54891 Topics
455182 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rolandmammoliti, Lajos, stg, MichaelSF, Jaydude

28206 Registered Users