Page 1 of 2 1 2
#408892 04/23/17 12:38 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi All.

Unlike my friend Eddie, who writes from personal experience, this is simply a product of my fevered imagination!

The backing started out in Realband using all RTs, but once I started looking at the vocals some of the RTs weren't doing exactly what I wanted. I moved into Powertracks to do some overdubs and ended up replacing all the RTs except one. Exactly which one remained will become obvious to anyone who listens all the way through!

For the first time in twenty years, I mixed something outside of Powertracks. I've got a copy of Harrison Mixbus 32C which I've never actually used, so I thought I'd give it a try. The verdict? Better graphics than Powertracks and it's nice to have long-throw faders, but essentially it doesn't do anything which I can't do in Powertracks.

So here it is.

THE GIRL NEEDS ME
She's got a lot of diamond rings, she's got a lot of pretty things
She's made CDs, DVDs, yes the girl can sing
She's got her own atomic clock so she never runs late
She's got an MGB GT V8
Everybody knows everyone can see
There's only one thing that this girl needs
She needs me, the girl needs me.

She's got a condo on the beach, she's got money in the bank
She's got a stripped-down Harley with a tiger in the tank
She's got a chain of gas stations, so she's never out of juice
She's got a '57 Tele that she says belonged to Bruce

Some day she's gonna find out
Just what this life's all about
No matter how hard you try
There's some things that money can't buy.

She's got a cellar full of wine, she's got a vinyard in Bordeau
She's got a chateau in Provence where she never seems to go
She's got lots of friends on Facebook, she's got friends she's never seen
And her friends down at the laundry keep her money nice and clean

As usual, grateful to anyone who has time to listen.
Cheers,
ROG

ROG #408893 04/23/17 12:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Great driving beat from the very first note.

"She's got a '57 Tele that she says belonged to Bruce"

I really liked the lyrics, creative and could even be true!

Great delivery. I mean really great.

The fiddle solo was an unexpected surprise.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
ROG #408901 04/23/17 02:15 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super backtrack on this one. Excellent vocal and harmonies and lyric. Very cool fiddle track. Well done

Last edited by Scott C; 04/23/17 02:16 AM.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
ROG #408911 04/23/17 04:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Super cool song. A good rock write.

The opening grabs ya right off. Like a Cars song. Goes right to your musical heart...

The guitars are really well done. Nice "flavorings" (licks and fills). The figure at "needs me" is especially nice.

The fiddle is really, really well done. It fits. (I would have preferred hearing you play lead smile - a loud one smile )

Excellent mix.

Enjoyed. Really catchy...

fj

ROG #408939 04/23/17 07:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Excellent song! Great mix and vocals - really enjoyed this!

Bob

ROG #409041 04/24/17 01:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well the one that stays in is clearly the heavy guitar. Is that one of the metal real tracks?
By the sound of this you clearly must be a Jeff Lynne fan. We are big ELO fans!
The fiddle came as a surprise, but works so well.
What else can we say, aside from the fact that we have just raised this post up a little ;-). A very cool song!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

ROG #409055 04/24/17 02:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Prof, Smokin, driving rock track. I love those highly compressed drums again. Perfect vocals. The harmonies sound great. I was waiting for your guitar break, but the fiddle works surprisingly well. The mix is superb with a lot of low end push. Guitars sound really good. I loved everything about this. The lyrics are very well crafted and made me smile several times. A great one. Bravo!!! Tom

ROG #409130 04/24/17 12:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rog

Good work on this one - interesting unexpected use of fiddle.
Nicely played guitars and well performed.

Peter

ROG #409162 04/24/17 03:12 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi ROG, Thank you for sharing this with us! I really enjoyed the progression and the violin section in the middle. Great work! smile

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Prof, Smokin, driving rock track. I love those highly compressed drums again. Perfect vocals. The harmonies sound great. I was waiting for your guitar break, but the fiddle works surprisingly well. The mix is superb with a lot of low end push. Guitars sound really good. I loved everything about this. The lyrics are very well crafted and made me smile several times. A great one. Bravo!!! Tom

I couldn't say it any better!

All I can add is WOW this is outstanding. It caught my ear from beat one and kept until the end! The fiddle was a nice touch but I think your guitar might have been better-YMMV

This is a keeper.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
ROG #409186 04/24/17 06:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A joy to listen to

love the guitars

fiddle kicks!

enjoyed

Kenny

ROG #409261 04/25/17 07:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Glad to hear you took up fiddle smile

The fiddle is a surprise but works amazingly well with the groove. And speaking of groove, man, instrumentally and vocally, this thing just grabs you from the first bar and chug alongs you right on through to the end. Could've been twice as long!

And what a cool write...there are a ton of clever and fun lines...enough to just read through the lyric a few times to appreciate it all.

Janice is with her mother today...but I'm sending her a link NOW cause she's gonna love this tune!

Kudos on a super production that showcases all the great components of this tune....vocals, lyric, rhythm tracks and, yeah, the fiddle.

We look forward to more plays!

J&B

ROG #409352 04/25/17 06:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey ROG,

Smokin' hot and that heavy guitar rhythm is is an instant grabber. What's not to like? Absolutely nothing. Di and I are are still trying to keep our feet still. You nailed it!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

ROG #409469 04/26/17 11:48 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I'm a big fan of that style of lyrics. I wouldn't know what to call them but you nailed it!

Great song and production.

much enjoyed!

ROG #409486 04/26/17 01:45 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
ROG,

This is outstanding! This is my new favorite of yours. From start to finish, just excellent stuff. Like has been stated, the fiddle works surprisingly well.

I like everything about this one!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
ROG #409596 04/27/17 05:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like something the Cars might have done back in the day. Which is good! I loved that band. Loved the line about the '57 tele smile

Fiddle was fun! Wasn't expecting that. And tasty fills throughout. Good song, well performed and produced, enjoyed the listen!

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
ROG,

Great driving beat from the very first note.

"She's got a '57 Tele that she says belonged to Bruce"

I really liked the lyrics, creative and could even be true!

Great delivery. I mean really great.

The fiddle solo was an unexpected surprise.

Many thanks for the listen and kind words.
That line was a teaser to see how many people knew which Bruce, but you obviously picked it up straight away! Cheers,
ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Super backtrack on this one. Excellent vocal and harmonies and lyric. Very cool fiddle track. Well done

Thanks, Scott. Please you liked it, including the fiddle which was a bit experimental!
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
ROG,

Super cool song. A good rock write.

The opening grabs ya right off. Like a Cars song. Goes right to your musical heart...

The guitars are really well done. Nice "flavorings" (licks and fills). The figure at "needs me" is especially nice.

The fiddle is really, really well done. It fits. (I would have preferred hearing you play lead smile - a loud one smile )

Excellent mix.

Enjoyed. Really catchy...

fj

Hi Floyd.
Many thanks for the review - always value your comments.
Originally it was going to have a guitar solo, but it was hard to get a rock style to work well with that backing. Then I was listening to a Corrs album and thought, yeah a fiddle! If you're not familiar with the Corrs, you might find their stuff interesting. Maybe a loud guitar solo next time.
Cheers, ROG.

Last edited by ROG; 04/29/17 11:16 PM.
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
ROG,

Excellent song! Great mix and vocals - really enjoyed this!

Bob

Bob, many thanks for looking in and the positive review. Much appreciated.
Cheers, ROG.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,578
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200