Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#416256 - 06/02/17 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another song that raises the bar.......

Collaborations are probably my favorite song posts here on the forum. Individually, there is so much talent to choose from. Collaborations always bring us up to the next level to strive for -

Top notch write, arrangement, mix, performance and certainly a top notch, professional recording. Love the ending... and the video. Superb collaboration.

Interesting note about the videos that YouTube provides us choices to view next after watching your video production.

First, there's one from Ken Tamplin telling us he can teach us how to sing any song --
all the while we're listening to Janice's over the top vocals - knowing she is in a class by herself... Yea, Ken, tell us more...

That's followed by a DIY video detailing how to repair your guitar with baking soda and super glue -- after it's exploded trying to play the blues like Peter....

A little further down is a video DIY to make a Sound Recording/Foley Room as if that would help me mix a song with the finesse and clarity of a Bud Mix......

Funny videos that reinforce that you guys rock...

Charlie

Charlie, your positive and supportive review means a lot to us but, man, to describe those videos was just too cool. We had to go back and find them smile

And your mixes always sound great to us!

J&B

#416293 - 06/02/17 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#416323 - 06/02/17 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! Those are some tasty blues! Cool blues concept. A clever write, and awesome production and mix. Janice and Peter have performances simply dripping with some great blues sauce. Wonderful job on EVERYTHING!! Take care. Greg

Greg
Thanks for those kind words.

Peter

#416401 - 06/03/17 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, Peter

Janis is really lively when she sings the blues.
Peter's guitar is also very pleasant and powerful.
Super Collaboration!
Very enjoyable listen.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks for those comments Shigeki.

Peter

#416431 - 06/03/17 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie McG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Great playing and singing. Love the blues.

Thanks for listening Charlie!

J&B

#416588 - 06/05/17 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool. that's all - COOL!

That's a plenty for us!

Thank you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, Peter, everything in this one works great! The vocal just carries this song along in a wonderful way and the guitar work is perfect along with the tone on that thing! Another fine piece of music! Thanks, Torrey

Those comments are much appreciated Torrey! Glad you liked it.

J&B

#416691 - 06/06/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Lawd have mercy y'all.

This is sweet cream butta.

I gotta have more.

smile

Great job. Love it!

David, your reviews are priceless.

Thanks!

J&B

#416939 - 06/08/17 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

Thanks Mario. That is much appreciated and especially from a blues lover.

J&B

#417451 - 06/12/17 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#417916 - 06/15/17 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

Thanks -- a lot! Soul button at 11? How cool is that!? Couldn't have better described what we were aiming for. And, yes, Peter's guitar was perfecto for the whole vibe and particularly the vocal. And thanks for mentioning the mix with a shoutout to Izotope for Neutron's masking meter. Really glad you felt that way about the video. We couldn't agree more. I never liked videos that connect all the dots and leave you with a memory that was, in effect, defined by the video and not your interpretation of the lyric.

We appreciate it all!

J&B

#417937 - 06/15/17 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (06/15/17 11:58 AM)

#417978 - 06/15/17 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Sergio

#418099 - 06/16/17 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Thanks Deryk! Glad you like the organ...it is a killer RT. We appreciate you checking in and offering up such nice comments.

J&B

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio...Peter did, for sure, do some super playing!

J&B

#418588 - 06/20/17 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Just came back from a short break and would like to thank everyone I missed for the comments on this song.
It was an enjoyable experience and it's always a privilege to be on the same track as Janice.

Peter

#421677 - 07/14/17 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

#421903 - 07/16/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

#421953 - 07/16/17 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, it is ALWAYS a treat when you comment on one of our songs. Thanks for everything you said and when mention the lyric it means even more...given your depth of understanding of lyrics and the beauty of your writes.

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

We are soooooooooo low down it seems like up!

Thanks mr gruve

J&B

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
#TBT - The Introduction of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and to celebrate we've put ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until June 30, 2020!

Xtra Styles PAKs were first introduced in August 2016, and required the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 and higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

You may notice that all of our Xtra Styles PAKs require the 'latest' UltraPAK or higher - this is because they utilize our complete (and at the time current) library of RealTracks and RealDrums.

What are Xtra Styles?
Xtra Styles are RealStyles created by our development team. They've taken our existing RealTracks and RealDrums collection and remixed them to make the new and unique arrangements heard with every new Xtra Styles PAK released.

These RealStyles are Band-in-a-Box® styles that only use RealTracks and RealDrums - the result: an incredible band to back you up and perform your songs

Xtra Styles PAKs are on SALE until June 30th!
Purchase the complete Xtra Styles PAKs library with over 1,400 RealStyles for the special price of $199 (reg. $349)

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

Mac user? Click here for demo and purchase links.

How-to Video: Section Text labels and Lyrics

Check out our special YouTube Channel, PG Music Inc. Support Videos, which is where we share videos our support team makes at the request of a customer, or to help out an existing customer issue.

The latest video, Band-in-a-Box How to: Section Text labels and Lyrics quickly walks you through section text labels and lyrics in Band-in-a-Box for Windows! Watch now...

Want to see a specific video? Share your request here.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Bundle!

Have you heard? We have NEW Band-in-a-Box Add-ons!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 will SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition!

200 NEW RealStyles have been added with Xtra Styles PAK 9 - 50 Rock-Pop, 50 Jazz, 50 Country, and 50 Folk & Beyond 2!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 100 NEW Loops and 50 NEW styles, and adds 2 new genres to our Loops-with-Style collection: gospel and funk!

Bundle both the Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 into one convenient purchase, only $48 until June 30th! Click here to choose your purchase.

Mac user? Click here for your order links.

RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Forum Stats
32245 Members
65 Forums
64467 Topics
546675 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
coolexusa, rcmusic, Christian mourie, superbestsite, TexasFrets

32245 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 222
VideoTrack 165