Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#417084 06/09/17 01:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Me Without You

Just a simple love song I (Alan) wrote a few years ago and redid with BIAB backing tracks about 6 months ago. Is the vocal a wee bit too loud? I think maybe it is. That and any other thoughts you have are welcome.

I've not been here very much the past week or so - Di's health issues have exacerbated significantly and I've been taken up with that a great deal of the time. Will visit as I can. The pic below the lyric is a pic of Di.

File:Me Without You.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 80, Length (m:s)=3:03
Style is _CBALAD1.STY (Slow Country Ballad w/ Pedal Ste)

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2038:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 085
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Me Without You
(c) 2009 Alan D. David, BMI

(v1)
I recall the day we made a promise with I do
But I can’t remember any farther back
That’s okay with me because I’ve come to see
Nothing really mattered before that

(v2)
Oh, if not for you I know I wouldn’t be
Much more than a shadow in the dark
Music with no sound, lost but never found
A journey gone astray right from the start

CHORUS
I can’t remember me without you
You’ve been a part of me for so long
You’re the music that I hear
You’re the words to the song
You’re everything in life to me that’s true
No, I can’t remember me without you

Short Instrumental Turn-Around

(v3)
I guess there was a time when you weren’t here with me
But I can’t recall no matter how I try
I don’t have to guess, why my life’s been blessed
You’re the answer every time I wonder why

Repeat Chorus

Last edited by Al-David; 06/09/17 02:37 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Al-David #417136 06/09/17 11:27 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan.

First of all, so sorry to hear Di isn't well. I know you've not had the best of times recently and we hope Di makes a good recovery soon.

The song is super! It's everything a love song should be. Full of tenderness and sincerity, both in the lyric and the vocal delivery. The mix sounded good to me - gives the voice an intimacy which is wonderful.

Loved the whole thing.

Take care, my friend.

Regards, ROG.

Al-David #417139 06/10/17 01:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Very sorry to hear Di is not feeling well. This is a beautiful song - loved the vocal and mix. Excellent as always.

Bob

Al-David #417144 06/10/17 01:46 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Great song Al. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and Di.

It has been really nice having you back active here on the forum lately. One thing your recent activity and having the opportunity to hear several posts of your original songs back to back shows me; you are a more than competent songwriter. Every submission has been quality material both in melody and lyrics.

I'm a big fan and have great respect for your abilities.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Al-David #417145 06/10/17 02:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I can’t remember me without you"

Terrific Country line, Alan. Sung from the heart...

Nice.

Wishing Di a speedy recovery.

fj

Al-David #417147 06/10/17 02:15 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Again we are sorry to hear about Di's health issues.
Like Roger said this song has everything that a song needs, very tender vocals, melodic arrangement and above all sincerity.
Very pretty song all around.

We can only hope that Di will recover a little bit.
Our thoughts are with you both.

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Al-David #417149 06/10/17 02:21 AM
User Showcase
L
Expert
Expert
L
I enjoyed this. I hope Di gets well soon.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
ROG #417161 06/10/17 04:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi ROG,

Thanks for the kind thoughts about Di. We both appreciate it very much.

I'm delighted you enjoyed it. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments regarding the song. This was a pretty quick write - perhaps twp hours from first word to completed lyric.

Again, thanks!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

rsdean #417162 06/10/17 05:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

Very sorry to hear Di is not feeling well. This is a beautiful song - loved the vocal and mix. Excellent as always.

Bob

Bob Thank you so much. I appreciate the input on the mix and tyhe vocal. But most, thank you for the well wishes for Di. Wishing you a terrific weekend,

Alan & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great song Al. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and Di.

It has been really nice having you back active here on the forum lately. One thing your recent activity and having the opportunity to hear several posts of your original songs back to back shows me; you are a more than competent songwriter. Every submission has been quality material both in melody and lyrics.

I'm a big fan and have great respect for your abilities.

Charlie

Charlie,

You are much too kind. But it's very rewarding to know you enjoy my/our work that much. Songwriting comes relatively easy for me - I write novels, too (5 so far and four in progress), so words befriend me more than I deserve. However, I am not a natural singer. I have work very, very hard on the vocals. I'm just not gifted as a singer. Di, on the other hand, only has to open her mouth and angelic beauty falls from between her lips.

I miss being able to play the guitar like I used - the chemo really messed up my left hand. But it's slowly getting better. The ability to play guitar has always been my best talent.

I have several more songs waiting to be posted but don't want to hog the board. I try to allow at least 5 days between song postings. The chemo allowed me a lot of time for writing, so I took advantage of that particular gift.

Thank you so very much for all those kind words. The make an old guy's heart feel pretty danged good! Wishing you a great weekend.

Alan (Di, too)

Last edited by Al-David; 06/10/17 05:10 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"I can’t remember me without you"

Terrific Country line, Alan. Sung from the heart...

Nice.

Wishing Di a speedy recovery.

fj

Thank you very much, Floyd. I thought that was a pretty good line, too - thanks for validating it! Ever so often, a few good words that work together find their way to the keyboard and monitor.

Thanks for the kind wishes for Di's health issues. Best to you have a great weekend.

Alan & DI

RnAM #417165 06/10/17 05:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Alan,

Again we are sorry to hear about Di's health issues.
Like Roger said this song has everything that a song needs, very tender vocals, melodic arrangement and above all sincerity.
Very pretty song all around.

We can only hope that Di will recover a little bit.
Our thoughts are with you both.

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thank you, Rob & Anne-Marie,

I try not to dwell too much on Di's health issues as I'm not looking for personal sympathy. But I owe the people on the boards here a legitimate explanation why I'm not always able to comment or reply.

Thanks so much for your very nice words about the song. I appreciate it very, vedry much. You put a smile on my face.

Hope both of you are having a nice weekend.

Alan & Di

lambada #417166 06/10/17 05:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: lambada
I enjoyed this. I hope Di gets well soon.

Thank you very much for the greetings all the way from Hong Kong. I was there in March of 1967 - haven't been back since, but would love to go back. I appreciate you kind words about the song and your wishes for Di's health. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Alan & Di

Al-David #417173 06/10/17 06:23 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Another great tune, Al-David! You can really hear the emotion in this one. As someone else said, there is a strong sense of sincerity in this song. Thanks for sharing! We hope Di gets well, too.

Last edited by Deryk - PG Music; 06/10/17 12:21 PM.

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Another great tune, Al-David! You can really hear the emotion in this one. As someone else said, there is a strong sense of sincerity in this song. Thanks for sharing! We hope Di gets well, too.

Thank you, Deryk, for your thoughts about my wife's health and your very nice comments on my song. Both are greatly appreciated. It's always a delight to hear from the PG Music staff!

Alan

Al-David #417189 06/10/17 08:44 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very sweet song Al!! Very heartfelt and wonderfully delivered. Enjoyed a lot! Take care. Greg

Al-David #417306 06/11/17 07:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful write and beautiful chord progressions,

hope Di's feeling better,

this is a fine love song

Kenny

Al-David #417505 06/12/17 08:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, I love the changes in the chorus. Great arrangement. I enjoyed it a lot. Hope Di starts to feel better. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 06/12/17 09:02 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very sweet song Al!! Very heartfelt and wonderfully delivered. Enjoyed a lot! Take care. Greg

Thanks so much, Greg. I really appreciate that. Wishing you the very best.

Alan

44kfl #417516 06/12/17 08:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful write and beautiful chord progressions,

hope Di's feeling better,

this is a fine love song

Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks a lot. Di is feeling marginally better. Glad you liked the song - thanks for letting me know. best to you,

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,579
Posts734,675
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200