Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
UserTrack: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz EleFred 3-tempo Set.

After seeing forum user Pipeline's excellent job at making a jazz guitar sound source for sforzando (see here ), I was inspired to go through with a long wanted jazz guitar Usertrack dream, which played in a "Freddie" kind of way - and after playing around a bit with this fantastic sound source, now I have, yayh! crazy

From the Memo:

"UserTrack: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz EleFred Sw 190

A mellow sounding jazz guitar playing steady, swung 8th chords throughout, with the accent on 1 & 3.

Tempo range: 050-250 bpm.
*"

*These are in fact THREE sets of Usetracks in one package, each recorded at a different tempo (60, 125 & 190) which provides this wide range.

Get the whole lot HERE!

Now for some demos, as usual:

EleFred Jazz Ballad - HERE

EleFred Jazz Medium - HERE

EleFred Jazz Fast - HERE

And finally, just to showcase possibilities, a slow 12-8 Pop demo* - HERE

*This demo doesn't "take off the top" in the tone of the instrument like I've done for the jazzy demos, giving you a slightly brighter sound fit for pop.

Thanks again to Pipeline for the inspiration - ENJOY cool

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Thank you very much.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Great set !

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Great set!
Great sound!

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All sets have now been updated, new demos too - but all links are unchanged!

Last edited by Icelander; 07/03/17 05:53 AM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
I have tried multiple times to download these and extract the files. They seem to download correctly but the names of the files end in zip.001 (002-003-004-005-006) instead of zip. My computer can't recognize these files. If I changed the names so they end as (Style_Name)001.zip, they still don't extract and my computer says they are invalid files.

Are these files for Mac users only? I am on Windows 10.

Thanks, It would be great to test them out.

RichR
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
These are segmented zip files, i.e. one zip file that has been split into even sized segments (for uploading purposes) and any regular WinZip application ought to recognise this format and decode without problems. They are, in other words, not platform specific.
So I'm not sure what could be preventing this on your system, but then again I don't know what tools you've tried to use to decode the set. In short, I need more information from you in order to be of any help.

Last edited by Icelander; 07/05/17 06:39 AM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
I am just extracting the files using Windows 10 default extraction. How would I combine the 6 files into one zip? or how would I know I have to do that?

I will try winzip and see if it works. Thanks

RichR
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
I just tried again this time I downloaded all the files at the same time which gave me a zip file, but when I unzipped it both in Windows extraction app and also with WinZip (it is a pay ware program!) I got the same 6 files that are not style files but listed as:

EleFred JazzGtr.zip.001
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.002
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.003
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.004
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.005
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.006

None of which can be extracted because both WinZip and Windows 10 doesn't recognize that file format.

What have I done wrong?

RichR
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichRayer
How would I combine the 6 files into one zip?
Usually the program you'd use does that combining automatically "on the fly", so it's just a matter of having the right one for the job... which leads me to...
or how would I know I have to do that?
That's just something that comes with experience, I suppose... or, as you did, by asking cool
I will try winzip and see if it works. Thanks
You're welcome, hope you enjoy the result once you got it all sorted & set up.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I just tried again this time I downloaded all the files at the same time which gave me a zip file, but when I unzipped it both in Windows extraction app and also with WinZip (it is a pay ware program!) I got the same 6 files===None of which can be extracted because both WinZip and Windows 10 doesn't recognize that file format.

What have I done wrong?
I must still say I've never heard of WinZip not being able to correctly handle segmented zip files before confused
Granted, I'm not a PC user myself (hence unaware of that WinZip is payware), so there could be a number of factors beyond my knowledge that causes this not to work. One possibility is that your downloads were incomplete, for even if just one segment is not there in full, you won't get them to work no matter what. So that's a place to start looking. Also, have you tried running WinZip and opening the first segment from within the program?! If not, then that'll be your next step to try.

There are plenty of true freeware unzipping programs around if you just look for them! PeaZip is one, which I found in just seconds before doing this reply, that you might want to try. It's got good reviews and is supposedly able to deal with files like this.

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
They are complete downloads (at least the file sizes match). Now that I installed WinZip it has taken over being my unzip program by default. When I uninstalled it my computer no longer uses the default zip/unzip of Windows 10 and I don't know how to revert it back.

There are 6 zip files 5 are 100MB each and the 6th one is 3.9 MB (the same numbers that show on your drop box page for downloading.

I will check out some of the other zip/unzip programs.

RichR
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Very good, those file sizes are correct, so at least we now know that much. Sometimes the process of elimination is your best bet to track down an issue, you know.

Give that "open first segment from within the program" a whirl next if you hadn't already, and only then consider other tools for the job. I have this thread monitored, so do keep posting your progress on here, if not but for the benefit of others in the same position.

p.s. I didn't think it needed saying, but just in case - All the segments must of course be at the same location when you attempt to extract them.

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
"Give that "open first segment from within the program" a whirl next"

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I see no option that reads anything like that.

So far, I have been very unsuccessful at extracting your user style. :-(

RichR
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
The file "EleFred Jazz Gtr (which is what I get when I download the 6 files on your box site) is a WinZip file. When I Unzip it I get:

EleFred JazzGtr.zip.001 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.002 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.003 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.004 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.005 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.006 3,914 KB

None of these files can be extracted as their extension does not end with .zip

I see no place in WinZip where the option, "open first segment from within the program" is offered.

This is confusing to say the least. Unless, this is something that happens easily on a MAC and not on the PC.

I would really like to try these out but I am frustrated. I just hope this conversation we have had will help someone else or someone else will come up with a solution.

I am not new to computers or trouble shooting them. I have built 3 computers from components and even wired my own first one back in the 1980's. I have taught Adult Education Computer literacy courses and believe I am a bit better than most beginners anyway. :-)

Again, I do appreciate your patience and thank you for being so helpful.

RichR
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I see no place in WinZip where the option, "open first segment from within the program" is offered.
That is because that quote was me referencing my own earlier advice, i.e. to to start up your zip program and from within that program locate the first segment.
I'm obviously not doing a very good job of explaining with just words what I meant, and since I'm on a different platform, I cannot give you any visual aid like a screenshot to illustrate what I'm thinking of. Nor can I actually see what you have already tried, which just adds to why this is all getting so convoluted.

But still, here's yet another try, with apologies in advance if the following is sounding too simplistic - but rather that than the opposite, right:

1. Open your zip program.

2. In that zip program there must be a command or menu item that lets you locate a file for extraction (either as "Extract", "Unzip" or "Open"), almost certainly under the 'File' menu of your zip program.

3. Use this method to select the .001 file!

4. Upon doing this, you then should either have the option to extract/unzip the segments (provided they're all in the same place).

Do these instructions make sense now? For that was really all I meant smirk

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Yes, your instructions make sense. The problems is when I do as suggested and start to unzip EleFredGtr.zip.001 my program stops and either says it does not recognize the file or it gives me EleFredGtr.zip.001 copied over to where I unzipped the file.

RichR
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That is a very strange behaviour indeed.

Right, since for some reason all the PC people around here seem to be missing this whole discussion (which is another "very strange behaviour" right there), I think it's time you take this issue to the ""S.O.S." forum. They are bound to see you over at that place at least.

I'm actually quite baffled over how long this has gone without any of them chiming in already smirk

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
p.s. Now I just worry that even after you've got this all sorted, then what you're actually going to get in terms of usable product isn't going to seem worth all this hassle blush

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
All I can say is thank you for all your help and I really always enjoy a challenge and right now this is a good sized challenge to solve.

RichR
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,499
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195