I say as long as we are here
We might as well just play the game

Ch:

And here we go again
Even if it’s just pretend
And here we go again
Even if it’s just pretend

All words and music copyright 2017 by David Snyder/ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

David Snyder, Lead and Backing Vocals, Electric Guitars, Piano, Strings, Synthesizers, Drum Machine.

Produced, Arranged, Mixed and Engineered by David Snyder

****** Song Summary *************

Title: Here We Go Again
Key=C , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:59
Style is _DUBSRCK.STY (Alt Dubstep and Rock)

RealTracks in style: 2298:Bass, Synth, DanceRockBuzzBass Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1742:Synth, Rhythm ModernDancePopRaveStringsHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1527:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerBrightClean Ev 120
Loop in Style: HipHop\Old School - gangstar_beat_95b ev16 quiet.wav
RealDrums in style: TechnoElectro^GH-a:HatSnap, b:Snap

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
you do some interesting stuff, David!

You caught my attention right away with your intro.. that sort of thing is very common in some circles, but it doesn't show up here on the showcase very often... maybe because BIAB styles don't do that, so composers have to come up with their own way to create that sort of intro.

I found myself wishing for slightly longer sustain/reverb tails on the instruments in the intro... maybe because I was hearing as a dream sequence more than as a musical introduction.

I like the constant droning strings against which the other instruments voice their own chord changes....

I like the line "We drag around these broken hearts
And drink away our deepest fears", but all of the lyrics are interesting with their open-ended obscurity and untenable suggestion of profound meaning.

I also like the drum beat you picked for the presentation of this mood... for me it works very well. It is highly listenable, and it replays well too.

I haven't got my head wrapped around your style yet David, so I don't want to make comments that frame the wonderful Dylanesque organic quality you've achieved in a critical light... but to my sensibilities, it sounds like the key put the melody right at the critical point of your singing range. Having said that, I think singing at the edge of one's range can introduce an urgency to the presentation that simply does not happen when the range is easier to hit. Given the line about "Passion is all I to give
Though it’s crazy, I know, yeah I know" driving the key up to the critical point may have been a stroke of genius.

I like this song.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 07/08/17 10:32 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
David, this is fantastic. Great intro with a surprising verse and chorus rhythms, excellent job with that. Super vocal and outstanding lyrics.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune, David! The intro part of this song is incredible - when it drops in at 45 seconds, it captured my attention immediately. You can literally feel the emotion in this tune, I love it smile I especially like the mix, and how you chose a slightly unconventional type of drums for the song. It is not the drums I would have thought to choose for something like this, but the way it came through I don't think anything else would have fit better.

Thanks for sharing, you deserve to be proud of this one!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Thanks Pat,

Your comments are always so insightful. Some feedback:

1. Style. I don't know what my style is either. I am still working on that. All I know is I don't want to sound like anyone else. smile

2. BIAB as a tool kit. I know this does not sound like a pre-packaged BIAB piece given the weird psychedelic intro and all, but I merely see BIAB and Real Tracks as tools in a larger toolbox--albeit the most useful addition to the recording studio since the invention of the mixing board. My goal is to see how far I can take it.

3. Vocals and arrangement. Every sound here is intentional and planned. I did in fact push the envelope on the vox because I wanted them to be on the edge. You were right about that.

Other than that, I am really all about experimentation and emotion. Those are the two things that fascinate me.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

smile

MarioD #420944 07/08/17 11:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Mario!!! I am really glad you liked it!! Great to hear from you man, Been a while!!! Hope you are great brother.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Hey thanks Deryk,

I am really glad you liked it!! Yeah, those drums were a lot of fun.

smile

Still feel like I am only scratching the surface with BIAB and Real Tracks, but boy, what an adventure, eh??

Thanks for the kind words!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great lyrics!

love them

Great sound!

wow, unique, original, awesome

such a cool song

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

Really good lyrics (with depth in them).
Although the electric guitar kind of dominates the song, it works very well.
Another one in a log row of very original compositions.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is definitely my favorite among your songs. Great intro and then the lead to the song with the loop rhythm gives kind of U2 feeling. The mood created with the instruments is really mesmerizing. But the best part: lyrics are fantastic, I think I have never heard anything so touching to tackle the question why we are here. "You say that love’s the only test Where the rules forever change I say as long we are here That we might as well just play the game", absolutely ingenious work smile This cries out for a video.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

What I like, and professionally respect, about your music is your slightly off the beaten path originality. You're not afraid to throw a monkey wrench into the pool of traditional composition and dare someone to throw it back. This might sound odd because I don't know a better way to say it ... but your music is courageous.

Love the intro! And the lyric is the icing on this musical cake. Great lines and thought provoking.

Great stuff, David. I never know what to expect when I click onto one of your songs I;ve not previously heard ... and I like the element of surprise. It's kinda like Christmas - can't wait to open the package and see what's inside. Great stuff!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man! Your music always sounds so original, not something you can put a specific label on. And that's good!
Nice one, David, enjoyed the listen!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

Excellent! Thought provoking and heartfelt... Great vocal and mix - love the rhythm and feel on this.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"We drag around these broken hearts
And drink away our deepest fears"

What great lines. (reading back, I see that Pat noted them, as well)

"You’ll say you’ll open up my heart
I say go ahead and try"

Nice.

Terrific opening. Excellent arrangement. A production that is interesting throughout. Good mix. The vocal is "intense" - as the lyric suggest it should be.

This is a great listen.

I am loving your journey.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey Thanks Pat,

you are quite welcome, my friend! One of these days I hope to venture into your part of NC so we can meet. It's kind of ironic that I've managed to meet lots of forum members in other states without meeting all the folks that live right here in NC!

Quote:
Your comments are always so insightful. Some feedback:

1. Style. I don't know what my style is either. I am still working on that. All I know is I don't want to sound like anyone else. smile

well then congratulations! Mission accomplished! I think you have done a masterful job of creating a signature sound

Quote:
2. BIAB as a tool kit. I know this does not sound like a pre-packaged BIAB piece given the weird psychedelic intro and all, but I merely see BIAB and Real Tracks as tools in a larger toolbox--albeit the most useful addition to the recording studio since the invention of the mixing board. My goal is to see how far I can take it.

I strongly agree with your view of BIAB as a tool in your toolbox... I hope my comment did not come across as a criticism, because it wasn't at all. My goal here is to listen and then make an honest effort to understand what you were trying to accomplish with any given song. Especially when a song writer steps outside the realm of what we expect from a song, that can lead to hard questions, probing for answers that relieve my cognitive dissonance. I hope that you and others who post here can read my comments with the assurance that no criticism is intended. I only want to understand you, and that sometimes requires me to tell you what I hear so you have a chance to clarify your intentions.

Quote:
3. Vocals and arrangement. Every sound here is intentional and planned. I did in fact push the envelope on the vox because I wanted them to be on the edge. You were right about that.

I think this is the mark of a seasoned song writer. Newbs tend to throw spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks... but more experienced song writers have a plan, and everything they add to the mix is part of that plan. When everything has been removed that isn't part of the plan, then the song is done. Trying to figure out the song writers plan is part of the fun. You (and others) put a lot of work into a song, and it's almost dismissive to write a short review (damnation by brevity).

Quote:
Other than that, I am really all about experimentation and emotion. Those are the two things that fascinate me.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

smile

I'd add that a love of experimentation is evident in your productions. That can be risky... not all experiments succeed. But I think yours consistently delve into new areas, and as a result, your songs don't fit into any cookie cutter bin. IMO, that is quite an accomplishment.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Pat,

You're good!! smile No offense taken at all and not seen as criticism at all. I always appreciate the great time and care you put into your thoughts.

Only one more comment. I think they mis-titled the product. They should call it "Band-Out-of-the Box."

What the program does for me is open up a constant stream of new ideas for reshaping all of the concepts I once had about what music or songs "should be." I now hear everything in terms of what "could be" and I am really only interested in the frontier. BIAB is kind of like my own personal little jetpack in that regard.

Now, I fully explained myself. All mysteries solved!!!

smile

44kfl #421084 07/09/17 06:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Kenny!!

I am really glad you liked it. I have been loving your new stuff as well!!

smile

RnAM #421086 07/09/17 06:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie! I really enjoyed your last one as well!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Janne! That was very kind of you to say.

That REALLY made my day.

Maybe I will work on a video then!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, that was some great stuff!! That section starting at about 2:40 was very moving and inspiring to me! I appreciate your work and that's a fact!! Thanks, Torrey

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,608
Posts735,033
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185