You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#421865 - 07/16/17 07:18 AM [] Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Ok, I had fun with this one. I used the "Languid" Hip Hop Jazz style from XtraStyles 3, and added Oliver Gannon on Guitar in Verse 2, while slowing mixing in elements of the style. (Also some RT sax and midi sax.)

I think I have about 400 songs done in BIAB now, and have about 50 songs in my library now at MusicDealers (owned by former Rolling Stone brand manager and CEO of BrandSpins.) Originally this was tongue in cheek but I like the way it sounds so I am going to add it to my MusicDealers artist's library, which is noted in my signature line.

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel/stayed-awake-all-night

(Jazz Entry)

Stayed Up All Night
By David Snyder

V1

Fifth Avenue
Has such a view of Central Park
In the dark
The twinkling lights, like candlelight
From heaven’s door
Leaves you wanting more
In that negligee
With your chardonnay
I wonder
if it’s time to play
That smooth, smooth jazz
Cause you've got pizzazz in your eyes
That you can’t disguise

Ch

Could have gone to bed
And slept but instead
We stayed up all night
By candlelight
With Barry White
Blueberry wine
My sweet little cherry
Everything is so divine
We could have gone to bed and slept
But we stayed awake all night instead
Making overtime

V2

La da la da da
La da da da do
Hey girl
Does it feel good to you too?
La da da da day
La da da da night
La da afternoon
Afternoon delight
La da da da day
La da da da night
Hey girl
Does it feel all right

CH:

Inst/Chorus

All lyrics and music copyright 2017 by David Snyder/ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

Vocals, Jazz Guitar, Synthesizer, David Snyder
Produced Engineered and Arranged by David Snyder

****** Song Summary *************
Stayed Up All Night: David Snyder
Style is _LANGUID.STY (Languid Jazz Chillout Beat)
RealTracks in style: ~711:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~2261:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BossaSlowKenny Ev 085
Loop in Song: HipHop\Old School - grimey94_beat2 drums ev16.wav
RealTracks in style: ~1215:Vibes, Rhythm Bossa Ev 085
RealDrums in style: BrushesPop8ths: a: Swirl b: BrushesPop8ths
Oliver Gannon: RT 846 Jazz Comp Swing
Saxes 491, and 2631 (Blues Jazz and Jazz Ballad)

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#421892 - 07/16/17 10:36 AM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Colorado
Buford Offline
Journeyman

An awful lot of la-da-da-da-ing goin' on in this song. Thank goodness we can all live vicariously through you. smile

Fun stuff. Keep 'em coming.

Buford

#421895 - 07/16/17 10:43 AM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: Buford]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Bob,

By "la-da-da-da-ing" in Colorado talk, you mean.....

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#421896 - 07/16/17 10:48 AM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: David Snyder]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Bob, By "la-da-da-da-ing" in Colorado talk, you mean.....
smile

Lollygagging...yea,that's it. Lollygagging grin
You crack me up.
B

#423149 - 07/25/17 01:41 PM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Snyder...

My face was stretched by a big "well, will you listen to this?" sort of smile as I took in your composition, "Stayed Awake All Night"!

I didn't purchase BIAB 2017 Edition, but I may change my mind about that. The "Languid" Hip Hop Jazz style was an unexpected pleasure, as it was languid, funky, and "sexy", even, all at the same time.

And then, with the added delight of your singing voice sounding like a man who feels very, very, VERY relaxed (was it the chardonnay, or the blueberry wine?), the combined effect was akin to listening to something as cute and cozy in its own way as that famous Christmas cuddle-up evergreen,"Baby, It's Cold Outside."

Maybe you've created a new genre, here? Something you could call "Funky Cocktail jazz", or "Honeyed Hip-Hop"...

Regardless, I'm still smiling!

LOREN

#423210 - 07/26/17 06:41 AM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: bluage]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Loren!!

I was hoping to make you smile!!

My brother Brion and I used to goof around in New York and play a style we called "Bogus Jazz"--playing stuff that didn't make any sense at all.

For some reason though, people like it. I guess when it comes to jazz you can never be Bogus enough.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#423303 - 07/26/17 10:45 PM [] Re: Stayed Up All Night_Jazz Entry [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, David

Listening to jazz vocals from you is very unusual.
But it is really nice.
It reminds me of "Summer Me, Winter Me" of Michel Legrand a little bit.
I am looking forward to your next jazz tune very much.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Good luck for the contest!
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32609 Members
68 Forums
65530 Topics
555618 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush, Royston, SwingBand