RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Tender lyrics supported by a lovely melody-the feeling translates
beautifully.
Its very interesting to hear you sing in Dutch (love the sound of those consonants!).
Excellent harmonies (as we`d expect) and the cello is perfect.
I`m thinking your Christmas audience is going to want more like this!

Robert

Thank you Robert! We'll let you know how are gig went wink

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

RnAM #425417 08/09/17 08:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Rob & Anne-Marie

Very beautiful!
The melody is just fitted to your voices.
Dutch lyrics version is really nice. I like it very much.
There is another good feel from the English version.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

RnAM #425471 08/10/17 03:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
RnAM, Great job interpreting this wonderful work by Lawrence. Your vocals and production are top shelf as usual. Lawrence, this is a magnificent write and very generous of you to let RnAM cover it. Well done to all, Tom

bluage #425534 08/10/17 12:08 PM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Mr. Meulman and Ms. Bovenkamp...

The lyrics for "Gruverider's" song seem rather melancholy in mood, but the musical arrangement almost dispels the sadness with a sound that is as pacific and quietly inspirational as an extended hand being grasped with silent gratefulness by someone in need.

On my first hearing of the song I did not bother to consult the translated lyrics because the words that form the countless languages spoken by the citizens of so many cultures in this world have their own emotional "codes" that can be unlocked by listening to the way they are expressed as well as by learning/knowing their literal meaning.

With that in mind, each of your alternately sung vocals and combined vocal harmonies convey enough feeling to leave no doubt in the listener's heart as to what the lyrics might be communicating to the mind. It's the sound of stillness, of the recollection of pain, and the hope of reconciliation.

"Brief" is a gorgeous, tentatively romantic song that seems to have been born in that space between light and darkness that all of us move into and out of at certain times in our lives, and that makes it something to re-visit no matter which side of that divide we happen to be standing on.

I'm not always comfortable using the word "art" because its meaning is as variable as the people who speak it, but if I was compelled to search for an example of it, I would certainly select the song, "Brief".

Sincerely,

LOREN

Hello Loren,

We really appreciate your extensive comments!
We are very flattered indeed.
What all musicians and singers want to achieve is to create emotion.
And when reading your comments we think we succeeded.
Thank you so much.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM #425559 08/10/17 01:36 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Wonderful rendition. Very beautiful song and beautifully done. This is a great production.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
David Snyder #425710 08/11/17 11:43 AM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Rob and Anne-Marie!

This is really great. I am so glad to hear that Christmas will be here in October.

I always get sad when my wife forces me to take down the tree at Easter and can't wait to put it back up the day after Thanksgiving. Does this mean I can start getting the Christmas 2017 decorations out of the attic now??

smile

Love the lyrics and side by side translation!!

You should never take your Christmas decorations to the attic at all!
That way it will always be Christmas for you laugh

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM #425711 08/11/17 11:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Rob and Anne - Marie !

This is a very beautiful
tune very beautifully
performed ! My congrats
go out to you and to Lawrence
for a wonderful song !

Cheers
Dani

RnAM #425744 08/11/17 05:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob and Anne-Marie,

If I slip into teaching mode for a moment, and if I was marking an assignment, I'd be very enthusiasticlly writing the below on this!

From start to end, this was such a beautiful presentation. Your arrangement, your singing, the harmony between the two of you and the production all sparkle with utmost musical competence. Truly, this is a wonderful listen.

Lawrence has written a spectacular song and your re-imagining of it does his work proud. I thoroughly enjoyed where he and the two of you took me as I travelled along with the music.

All the best to you both,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RnAM #425762 08/11/17 10:40 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Beautiful song. Great performance. I've rather listen to songs in Dutch and it hurted me.
Great listening.

(I feel the atmosphere of excellent somg of old dear Eurofestival...)

Sergio

Sergio
gruverider #425848 08/12/17 12:22 PM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
When I heard Rob and Ann-Marie's version, something happened that took me right back to the summer of 2007. Me and the woman I wrote the song about were looking for a house and shopping for rings, then suddenly the relationship fell apart. And although ten years have all but erased the pain, listening to Rob and Anne-Marie - their beautiful voices singing in Dutch- all of the emotions of that time came flooding back. And I sat there listening in tears. There is a magic in the emotion of language that transcends words.

I consider it a wonderful gift from them. For what are we if not our strengths and weaknesses, our joy and our pain.

Thank you Rob and Ann-Marie.

Here are the RealTracks:

891 piano, 1543 synth pad, 1856 Cello, 366 Bass, 380 Acu Gtr, 1761 Acu Gtr, 1038 Acu Gtr

RealDrums: NashvilleEven 8

Thank you Lawrence,

You know we are flattered by this ;-)
Thanks again for letting us create our own version of this.
We will let you know the response of the audience when will be performing this life this Christmas.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM #425910 08/13/17 06:27 AM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you Scott, Rob and Torrey for your positive comments!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM #426026 08/14/17 03:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rob & Anne-Marie

Another wonderfully presented and produced song.

Musically and Vocally absolutely perfect.

The selection of style sits absolutely perfectly, giving a feel of real tranquility. Sensational effort.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Rob4580 #426362 08/16/17 06:30 AM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Perfect vocals and a wonderful melody.
Outstanding.
Rob

Thank you Rob, appreciated!

Al-David #426363 08/16/17 06:33 AM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Rob/Anne Marie, Everything you bring us is great and this is no exception! Beautiful on every level! Thanks, Torrey

I couldn't have said it better than Torrey did. Everything you pst is excellent in every way. This was such a joy to listen to.

As you know, I also speak German and the vague similarities in the languages allowed me to understand some of it without the translation.

This is just so pretty!

And lawrence was so gracious by allowing you to rework his song for your need. A tip of the hat to him for that.

Simply beautiful!

Alan

Thank you Alan!

Yes I believe you told once before you also speak German. I think for people outside of Europe Dutch must sound like a combination of German and Swedish ;-)
Although we are Dutch we still find it easier to compose in English.
That being said, the next song we'll be posting will also be in Dutch, ha ha.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM #426786 08/19/17 03:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow... So glad Gruverider let you take his song and use it however you wanted! What an awesome result!

First of all, I'm glad you preserved the original piano/strings tracks, because What Lawrence put together is very powerful and stirring to the emotions. I liked his lyrics and delivery because he has this amazing and raw grittiness to his style that lets him slice the emotions with a dull razor so his audience can look inside the wound and feel the pain for themselves.

Your itinerary takes a different path, and I like it every bit as much as I like the original, but for different reasons. If Gruverider's special talent is in deconstructing emotion to its most fundamental and undeniable state, then yours is in elevating emotion to an art form.

What you've done here is just beautiful... I am never disappointed by the songs you post in the forum... your track record for awesomeness is still 100%!

Congratulations to all collaborators... everything about this song... both versions... is just wonderful. I predict you'll get a lot of praise for this one

RnAM #427533 08/25/17 08:50 AM
User Showcase
RnAM Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Kenny, ROG, Floyd, Janice & Bud, Deryk, Shigeki, Tommy, Charlie, Dani, Noel (thanks Noël, being a teacher myself I like your marking! Anne-Marie), Sergio, Trevor and, last but not least.... Patt (very, very complimentary as always blush )

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,605
Posts735,009
Members38,514
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon, Xtian, michael07716
38,513 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186