Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

Sweet, real and very catchy. Everything done right on the backing, vocals and harmonies.
Congrats on your milestone- this is a beautiful gift.

Robert

Thanks, Robert...

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Classic. I'll share that your song "Little Things" is quite different of my tune from 1971 of the same name.

The devil is always in the details.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

EDIT: My gracious, I overlooked your actual anniversary and reason for song.... Happy Anniversary

Thanks for stopping by, Charlie... stands to reason that we all might write the same title now and again...

Noel96 #425836 08/12/17 11:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!! That's an outstanding milestone.

As I'm typing this, I'm listening to "Little Things". It's definitely a song to be proud of... very easy-on-the-ears and very catchy, too. I don't know that I've heard "Thank you" said so well before.

May everything good come your wife's and your way,
Noel

Well Floyd,

Congratulations from the both of us!
And this was supported by a really nice song surely up to your usual high standard ;-)

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely song, Floyd, and congratulations to you both

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, In this world of wholesale divorce where over 50 percent of new marriages fail, you are certainly in rarefied air. Aside from the great lyrics, melody, performance and production, the real standout is the event itself. The fact that you and your wife have succeeded in nurturing the relationship is evidence that you have found what is really important in life. Happy 40th to you both and I wish you many more. By the way I really liked the song, Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 08/13/17 03:38 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
fj,

I can only echo what Tom said. Excellent song. and congratulations on your Anniversary.

Regards,

Lefty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Congrats Floyd! Not many folks these days can say they've made it 40 years. Great song and testimony of your wife's care for you! Thanks, T

critter #426048 08/14/17 05:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF

Floyd,

Wonderful melody, lovely lyric, beautifully sung.
Congratulations on your 40th.

Peter

Thanks, Peter...

Originally Posted By: critter
congratulations on your anniversary and many, many more. A very beautiful tribute to your wife, you are top notch in my book, also a great song from FJ!!!!!

Appreciate that, Steve...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The "little things" are expressed here in a BIG manner. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady.

It would be easy to appreciate all the goodness of this production irrespective of the relationship one might be in but when you have one like the two of us it just makes this song all the more special.

Janice says the melody and the band alone will make one happy. Then with the terrific vocal and production. Wow!

As i type Janice keeps naming things about it that make her happy. OK, girl, I get it! smile smile

Happy Anniversary!

J&B

User Showcase
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
My oh my i'd love to be a fly on the wall of your studio.Talent is a word used far too often on shows EG X factor lol.my friend you have it in a bundance .what a great song as many of yours are ,thank you so much for sharing .
cheers Brad

Os Windows Biab 2018. studio one pro 3 ozone 8 focusrite 214 se electronics Gemini mic
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear "floydjane"...

Man, I'm jealous of you blush! I only made it through seven years in my marriage. When you gonna write the book that explains the secrets of the longevity of your relationship with your wife? smile

The addition of the congas RealTracks was inspired! The lyrics -- and the way you croon them -- had the effect of causing me to listen very closely and introspectively to them. They kept my ears (and my heart) focused on the details of the "little things" you described so endearingly in your song.

The sound of your production was clear and ringing, as though it had been recorded in the open air of an outdoor music festival. I found myself imagining a wave of applause beginning as the song ended and you stood up to take your bow, and then pointed out your obviously much-loved wife in the audience so everyone would know who you were singing about.

"floydlane", congratulations on honoring the truly sacred vow that the marriage rite demands from all who betroth themselves to a life partner: "'Til death do us part."

Most sincerely,

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 08/14/17 07:55 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Congrats! Wishing you and your wife a bunch more.

Well, I'm out of superlatives. I think I've already bankrupted the English language of it's superlatives. This is about as close to perfect as a production can be in all respects. I should know better, but I'm always amazed every time I click onto one of your songs. No matter how good I expect it to be, it's better.

Best to you and your beautiful wife.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 08/14/17 10:06 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd

Congratulations on the song
Congratulations on the lyrics
Congratulations on the delivery
Congratulations on the longevity

Sensational effort, no matter what angle we look at it.

Keep shining Floyd, both of you raise a glass for the forum members. Because we're raising several for you!

Thanks, Trevor! Barkeep!...make mine a double!!!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, just so good!
Your vocal is great on this and those perfect harmonies coming in at just the right time.....loved it!
Loved the track too, percussion part really worked well, and mix is top notch as per usual.
Congrats to you and your wife on your 40th!

Appreciate all of that, Dave.... thanks...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi Floyd Congratulations to you and your wife 40 years that's awesome great write everthing perfect on this peace thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: lambada
Congratulations. A great track, great vocals and recording quality - as always.

Thanks for stopping by, lambada...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Floyd, Man, WHAT A SONG!!! I'm pretty much incommunicado (vacationing in Costa Rica) but I had to put my two cents in here. This is so incredibly GOOD!! Such a wonderful heartfelt lyric, and music that is so sweet and pleasant to carry it along. I agree with David's comments-this song just knocks you out! On my laptop speakers, I can't appreciate the production as much as I will later but I had to drop the quick note of "Congrats" and SO WELL DONE!!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for such a nice review, Greg! Hope you are having a great time in CR...

Scott C #426680 08/18/17 02:47 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I would also like to congratulations on your milestone. Your lyrics put a smile on my face. I have had a few moments like that as well with my wife. The vocal, harmonies and backtracks sit so tight together. I think when happens one can really experience the imagery in the song. Well done..

Thanks, Scott...glad to see it struck a chord...

Robertkc #426734 08/19/17 07:49 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

Sweet, real and very catchy. Everything done right on the backing, vocals and harmonies.
Congrats on your milestone- this is a beautiful gift.

Robert
I couldn't have said it better.

ROG #426742 08/19/17 10:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.

A super song and a wonderful tribute to your wife.

Many congratulations on your 40th from your friends and fans over here in Chicago.

What can I say about the song, except that it's everything we've come to expect from you in regards to content, performance, production and sheer professionalism.

All the best to you both for the future.

Cheers, ROG.

Can't say it better than ROG. ditto from me.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

first of all, congratulations on 40 years of marriage! That's quite an accomplishment! And a pretty good reason to write a song, if I may say so!

I thought your lyrics zeroed in perfectly on what you called the "little things" that perhaps don't get identified in marriages of shorter duration, but which are the insider information that help to keep good marriages rocking.

That wasn't a song that could be written by anybody... but you nailed it!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hello, floyd

Congratulations on 40 years of marriage!
As Peter said, wonderful melody, lovely lyric, beautifully sung.
A very wonderful tribute to your wife.
Please continue to make super tunes for us more than ever.
I am always looking forward to your new songs.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Wow! Amazing lyrics and great tune. The story is so heartfelt and the chorus tag line really pulls it all together. This actually brought a tear to my eye. Great Job!

Sammy - I really appreciate all that!! Thanks...

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
First of all I'm happy for you and your wife

To still have love after 40 years is a blessing for sure

I like the light-hearted feel to this,

super write and arrangement

so very good!

enjoyed

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny...

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Congrats, Floyd - on both your anniversary and the song! I really like the tune smile You can really tell it is from a genuine place, and man those harmonies are on point!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Deryk - Thanks for stopping by...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,449
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195