Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#425834 - 08/12/17 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

Sweet, real and very catchy. Everything done right on the backing, vocals and harmonies.
Congrats on your milestone- this is a beautiful gift.

Robert

Thanks, Robert...

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Classic. I'll share that your song "Little Things" is quite different of my tune from 1971 of the same name.

The devil is always in the details.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

EDIT: My gracious, I overlooked your actual anniversary and reason for song.... Happy Anniversary

Thanks for stopping by, Charlie... stands to reason that we all might write the same title now and again...

#425836 - 08/12/17 02:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Noel96]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!! That's an outstanding milestone.

As I'm typing this, I'm listening to "Little Things". It's definitely a song to be proud of... very easy-on-the-ears and very catchy, too. I don't know that I've heard "Thank you" said so well before.

May everything good come your wife's and your way,
Noel

Well Floyd,

Congratulations from the both of us!
And this was supported by a really nice song surely up to your usual high standard ;-)

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#425869 - 08/12/17 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Lovely song, Floyd, and congratulations to you both

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#425880 - 08/13/17 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

floyd, In this world of wholesale divorce where over 50 percent of new marriages fail, you are certainly in rarefied air. Aside from the great lyrics, melody, performance and production, the real standout is the event itself. The fact that you and your wife have succeeded in nurturing the relationship is evidence that you have found what is really important in life. Happy 40th to you both and I wish you many more. By the way I really liked the song, Tom

Edited by tommyad (08/13/17 06:38 AM)

#425895 - 08/13/17 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

fj,

I can only echo what Tom said. Excellent song. and congratulations on your Anniversary.

Regards,

Lefty

#425944 - 08/13/17 01:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Congrats Floyd! Not many folks these days can say they've made it 40 years. Great song and testimony of your wife's care for you! Thanks, T

#426048 - 08/14/17 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: critter]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF

Floyd,

Wonderful melody, lovely lyric, beautifully sung.
Congratulations on your 40th.

Peter

Thanks, Peter...

Originally Posted By: critter
congratulations on your anniversary and many, many more. A very beautiful tribute to your wife, you are top notch in my book, also a great song from FJ!!!!!

Appreciate that, Steve...

#426073 - 08/14/17 12:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The "little things" are expressed here in a BIG manner. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady.

It would be easy to appreciate all the goodness of this production irrespective of the relationship one might be in but when you have one like the two of us it just makes this song all the more special.

Janice says the melody and the band alone will make one happy. Then with the terrific vocal and production. Wow!

As i type Janice keeps naming things about it that make her happy. OK, girl, I get it! smile smile

Happy Anniversary!

J&B

#426100 - 08/14/17 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: england
My oh my i'd love to be a fly on the wall of your studio.Talent is a word used far too often on shows EG X factor lol.my friend you have it in a bundance .what a great song as many of yours are ,thank you so much for sharing .
cheers Brad

#426127 - 08/14/17 10:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Dear "floydjane"...

Man, I'm jealous of you blush! I only made it through seven years in my marriage. When you gonna write the book that explains the secrets of the longevity of your relationship with your wife? smile

The addition of the congas RealTracks was inspired! The lyrics -- and the way you croon them -- had the effect of causing me to listen very closely and introspectively to them. They kept my ears (and my heart) focused on the details of the "little things" you described so endearingly in your song.

The sound of your production was clear and ringing, as though it had been recorded in the open air of an outdoor music festival. I found myself imagining a wave of applause beginning as the song ended and you stood up to take your bow, and then pointed out your obviously much-loved wife in the audience so everyone would know who you were singing about.

"floydlane", congratulations on honoring the truly sacred vow that the marriage rite demands from all who betroth themselves to a life partner: "'Til death do us part."

Most sincerely,

LOREN

Edited by bluage (08/14/17 10:55 PM)

#426139 - 08/15/17 01:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Floyd,

Congrats! Wishing you and your wife a bunch more.

Well, I'm out of superlatives. I think I've already bankrupted the English language of it's superlatives. This is about as close to perfect as a production can be in all respects. I should know better, but I'm always amazed every time I click onto one of your songs. No matter how good I expect it to be, it's better.

Best to you and your beautiful wife.

Alan

Edited by Al-David (08/15/17 01:06 AM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#426185 - 08/15/17 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd

Congratulations on the song
Congratulations on the lyrics
Congratulations on the delivery
Congratulations on the longevity

Sensational effort, no matter what angle we look at it.

Keep shining Floyd, both of you raise a glass for the forum members. Because we're raising several for you!

Thanks, Trevor! Barkeep!...make mine a double!!!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, just so good!
Your vocal is great on this and those perfect harmonies coming in at just the right time.....loved it!
Loved the track too, percussion part really worked well, and mix is top notch as per usual.
Congrats to you and your wife on your 40th!

Appreciate all of that, Dave.... thanks...

#426245 - 08/15/17 12:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
F.M.M. Online   content
Expert

hi Floyd Congratulations to you and your wife 40 years that's awesome great write everthing perfect on this peace thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#426321 - 08/16/17 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Greg Johnson]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: lambada
Congratulations. A great track, great vocals and recording quality - as always.

Thanks for stopping by, lambada...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Floyd, Man, WHAT A SONG!!! I'm pretty much incommunicado (vacationing in Costa Rica) but I had to put my two cents in here. This is so incredibly GOOD!! Such a wonderful heartfelt lyric, and music that is so sweet and pleasant to carry it along. I agree with David's comments-this song just knocks you out! On my laptop speakers, I can't appreciate the production as much as I will later but I had to drop the quick note of "Congrats" and SO WELL DONE!!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for such a nice review, Greg! Hope you are having a great time in CR...

#426680 - 08/18/17 05:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Scott C]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I would also like to congratulations on your milestone. Your lyrics put a smile on my face. I have had a few moments like that as well with my wife. The vocal, harmonies and backtracks sit so tight together. I think when happens one can really experience the imagery in the song. Well done..

Thanks, Scott...glad to see it struck a chord...

#426734 - 08/19/17 10:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Robertkc]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

Sweet, real and very catchy. Everything done right on the backing, vocals and harmonies.
Congrats on your milestone- this is a beautiful gift.

Robert
I couldn't have said it better.

#426742 - 08/19/17 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: ROG]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.

A super song and a wonderful tribute to your wife.

Many congratulations on your 40th from your friends and fans over here in Chicago.

What can I say about the song, except that it's everything we've come to expect from you in regards to content, performance, production and sheer professionalism.

All the best to you both for the future.

Cheers, ROG.

Can't say it better than ROG. ditto from me.

#426778 - 08/19/17 05:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Floyd,

first of all, congratulations on 40 years of marriage! That's quite an accomplishment! And a pretty good reason to write a song, if I may say so!

I thought your lyrics zeroed in perfectly on what you called the "little things" that perhaps don't get identified in marriages of shorter duration, but which are the insider information that help to keep good marriages rocking.

That wasn't a song that could be written by anybody... but you nailed it!

#426912 - 08/20/17 10:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, floyd

Congratulations on 40 years of marriage!
As Peter said, wonderful melody, lovely lyric, beautifully sung.
A very wonderful tribute to your wife.
Please continue to make super tunes for us more than ever.
I am always looking forward to your new songs.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#427539 - 08/25/17 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Little Things [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Wow! Amazing lyrics and great tune. The story is so heartfelt and the chorus tag line really pulls it all together. This actually brought a tear to my eye. Great Job!

Sammy - I really appreciate all that!! Thanks...

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
First of all I'm happy for you and your wife

To still have love after 40 years is a blessing for sure

I like the light-hearted feel to this,

super write and arrangement

so very good!

enjoyed

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny...

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Congrats, Floyd - on both your anniversary and the song! I really like the tune smile You can really tell it is from a genuine place, and man those harmonies are on point!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Deryk - Thanks for stopping by...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO

Interview: Eyes on Success featuring PG Music Inc., Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and the Updated JAWS Script

Take 30 minutes and make sure to listen to the latest episode from Eyes on Success, which focuses on the history of Band-in-a-Box® and using it with the screen reader JAWS, created by Peter Torpey. Hosts Nancy & Peter discuss our company history and Band-in-a-Box program with Tobin, our chief development officer, including how Band-in-a-Box is even more accessible with the help of their JAWS screen reader scripts!

Click here to download and listen to the podcast - you don't want to miss this one!

Eyes on Success is a weekly radio show / podcast geared to the visually impaired called "Eyes On Success" and that can be found at www.EyesOnSuccess.net.

Currently the scripts and associated documentation and resources can be found here.

You can watch Peter Torpey's video testimonial here.

#TipTuesday - Style Changes in Band-in-a-Box®

Head to our Tips & Tricks forum to read what other Band-in-a-Box users have discovered about the program!

Like mrgeeze's recent post Style Changes within a song.. another great BIAB feature.

...My arrangement's bass Real Track was 397 (bass Acoustic Paul).
Solid but not really what I wanted for a solo.

I hit the F5 key to bring up bar setting and poked around till i found the Real Tracks command button in the upper right.
Clicked on that & quickly change the bass to 452 (Soloist (bluesy).
12 bars later I did the same and switched it back to 397.

The results were excellent...

Did you know about this feature? Learn all about Bar Settings and how you can adjust them here.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Update Available!

If you are a PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020, be sure to download this small Update Patch released by our development team.

Enjoy the program!

Forum Stats
32151 Members
65 Forums
64293 Topics
545104 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
MGraham, farquismusic, Thil, Veronica, Raymond M

32150 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 209