Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#459742 - 03/01/18 04:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yeah, no idea how they come up with those evaluations. I see Spotify just filed for a 1 Billion dollar IPO. They had $5 Billion in sales last year but lost $1.5 Billion.

Mind boggling numbers!

Here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/spotify-ipo-business-model-flaws.html

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#459758 - 03/01/18 06:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Good point on Spotify. I think them going public will just sink them faster..... We shall see.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#459786 - 03/01/18 08:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Janice & Bud]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Is it true that you can't monetize on youtube until you have 7,000 followers? I think I heard that somewhere but I am not sure if I did or not.

#459789 - 03/01/18 08:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
I thought it was more than that Eddie.

As far as SC or Spotify, not enough folks are willing to pay for it. It's the same o same o sad story when it comes to musicians trying to get their stuff out there. Probably 99% of users are home wannabe bedroom producers who just want a free spot to park their songs so their mother and a few friends can see it.

Bob

#459831 - 03/01/18 01:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: jazzmammal]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

As far as SC or Spotify, not enough folks are willing to pay for it. It's the same o same o sad story when it comes to musicians trying to get their stuff out there. Probably 99% of users are home wannabe bedroom producers who just want a free spot to park their songs so their mother and a few friends can see it.

Bob

I agree 100%. If I use something a lot I buy it. This goes for freeware and shareware. I do pay for SC and I think all of us who post there should pay also. YMMV

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#459881 - 03/01/18 06:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
rockstar_not Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I’m the bad guy just using SC for my friends and family. The most plays I have on any of my songs is a thousand or so, because someone shared it to a group.

#459888 - 03/01/18 06:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: rockstar_not]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Every MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) I've taken requires students to use Soundcloud for storing and distributing audio examples.

I bet there are literally thousands of SoundCloud users that only upload audio or listen if they are taking a class.

I have two accounts, one for courses and one for my music.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#459938 - 03/02/18 05:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I think the “latest” news has been perhaps misread. I don’t see the relationship between Twitter belatedly announcing their losses that apparently occurred before the most recent cash infusion.

Bud
J&B Website

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

Forum Stats
28428 Members
58 Forums
55206 Topics
459746 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Ixion, Justin P, thierry.inconnu, drolander, richardskelt

28428 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 341
Pipeline 314