Hi all (As requested copied here:)

Well just recovered from a corrupt BIAB installation .( laptop crash )
Re started but found many files missing from C bb. Nearly empty!!
Every so often I make a copy of my complete C/ BB folder thank goodness .

So I deleted the corrupt folder from C and copied back my last version
All went well and Biab got up and ran fine .
Now comes the rub :
I have always stored my projects for bb and Realband in a folder that I made called my songs inside the C bb folder . so of course when I copied back my folder it did not have any projects in it that I was currently working on or saved since the last back up 2 quite big ones in fact.
Now remember I had deleted the original C bb folder so I thought I had lost them.

Then I remembered that windows keeps copies of files all over the place .
In fact if you Right click on a file it will offer to search for earlier versions.
This is a life saver.
Right click on the new My song folder in the restored C bb
Search for previous versions (of this folder )
W7 came up with a list of previous versions, that latest one from 2 days ago when windows done an update and auto saved a restore point .
So windows, was able to extract that folder from the restore data and overwrite my poor one.
Wow! I now have all my work back just great
What a very useful feature in windows this is .

Two lessons learnt don’t save your songs projects folder inside the main C bb
In case you have to recover from an early copy. Or if you do keep a copy elsewhere.

And you may be able to recover a file even if you have deleted and emptied the bin, from a previous version
If you don’t have a file to click on to find the previous version, then of course you must go up a level and restore the containing folder but remember it will restore the whole folder contents

However if you regularly run cleanup progs like clean sweep etc I am not sure how many of these you will find if any will depend on your settings in your cleaner what you let it clean.
Have fun
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/