You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#426275 - 08/15/17 04:48 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Don't Call Me When You're Lonely
Loc: Colorado
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Don't Call Me When You're Lonely is a song I created with the Xtra Styles 3, Country _BLUEST.STY. I really like the slow rockin' feel of this particular style. It would be the perfect inspiration for a dozen great country songs. The only addition to the style was the RT Mandolin and my Telecaster for fills. BIAB tracks were exported to Reaper for vocals, guitar, and final mixing. Thanks to PGM for the most inspirational style package I've seen. It really got me writing and recording. Hope you enjoy what we did with this very nice style.

Thanks for listening,
~Bob

Xtra Styles 3, Country _BLUEST.STY
****** Song Summary *************
Title: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely
File:Dont Call Me When Youre Lonely.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:00
8 bar intro, 26 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 34. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _BLUEST.STY (Bluest Acoustic Resonator Blues)

RealTracks in style: ~536:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 2676:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesShuffleBrent Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 609:Guitar, Resonator, Background Roundup Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 2121:Mandolin, Soloist CountryShuffleAndy Sw 120
RealDrums in style: BluesShuffle^3-a:Brushes, Swirl , b:Brushes, HiHat

Don’t Call Me When You’re Lonely
© 2017 Bob Buford

I left home in sixty-seven just to try to
Find a reason to hang on
She was not the one I needed
But she taught me how to love and get along

Seems I always liked riding all alone
Two big wheels, my old guitar, and this phone
But don’t call me when you’re lonely
I can’t say when I’m coming home

Down on Pearl Street back in Boulder I believed
We’d both live out our song
But her heart just wasn’t in it
And she found another love to drag along

All this time I was thinkin’ I was wrong
After years of feelin’ guilty I got strong
So don’t call me when you’re lonely
I can’t say when I’m coming home.

I got this old beat up Martin back in Denver
It just feels right in my hands
We’ve spent all these years together on the road
Playing beer joints with the bands

There ain’t nothing I have written could last long
No one cares cause it’s just one more hurting song
So don’t call me when you’re lonely
I can’t say when I’m coming home.

#426325 - 08/16/17 04:40 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Buford]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Great contribution, and really excellent lyrics which have delivered more strength to the song.

The choice of style is top class, and the vocals have put all the polish needed to make this a winner.

Good luck with the contest.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426337 - 08/16/17 06:09 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: VideoTrack]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Great contribution, and really excellent lyrics which have delivered more strength to the song.

The choice of style is top class, and the vocals have put all the polish needed to make this a winner.

Good luck with the contest.

Hey VT. Appreciate your comments.
Thanks for listening,
Bob grin

#426368 - 08/16/17 10:58 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Buford]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

yeah ...

#426369 - 08/16/17 11:04 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: fiddler2007]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
yeah ...

What he said...

Bob smile

#426402 - 08/16/17 05:50 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Buford]
mag5049 Offline

Great classic country song with a surprising minor chord. Vocal is very clear over the background and I like that.

#426403 - 08/16/17 05:58 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: mag5049]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: mag5049
Great classic country song with a surprising minor chord. Vocal is very clear over the background and I like that.

Yep. The story in country is everything. Gotta keep that vocal out front and clear.

Thanks for listening,
Bob smile

#426431 - 08/17/17 04:51 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Buford]
G McAllister Offline
Enthusiast

Allll Right. Great lyrics and vocal. Perfect style for this song. Your guitar added to a solid mix. NICE JOB

#426438 - 08/17/17 06:06 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: G McAllister]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: G McAllister
Allll Right. Great lyrics and vocal. Perfect style for this song. Your guitar added to a solid mix. NICE JOB

Hey Mac. Pleased you liked it.
Thanks for listening,
Bob smile

#426488 - 08/17/17 12:41 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Buford]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Nice, but the drums don't mix with the rest song.
music producer/engineer

#426496 - 08/17/17 12:53 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Don't Call Me When You're Lonely [Re: Island Soul]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Islansoul
Nice, but the drums don't mix with the rest song.

The drums are part of the STYLE created by the PG Music guys. They sound fine to me and I haven't heard that comment from anyone else so you might want to pose that question/comment to PG Music.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29762 Members
60 Forums
58793 Topics
496153 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Thunderthud, Trio, Bill12345, Eguss, F Casas

29761 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Noel96 137