Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#426964 - 08/21/17 11:37 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! (2017)
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (01/04/18 10:01 AM)

#426978 - 08/21/17 01:41 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone!

#426982 - 08/21/17 02:56 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Who said an instrumental could not win? Oh, I guess that was me... which is why I added the "verbal count in" at the beginning.

Thank you so very much. I am pleased to be a winner. Congratulations to winners and all who participated.
SoundCloud

#426984 - 08/21/17 03:42 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Wow!!! smile
Thank you so much guys!!
This is a nice, nice surprise!!
I guess in the eclipse day, many strange things may happen, including an Italian winning a country competition! smile smile
Congratulations to all, not just the winners but all participants as well. A lot of very nice songs!
Most of all, thank you PG Music !!!

#426985 - 08/21/17 03:56 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Colorado
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Congratulations to all the entrants and winners.

Bob grin

#426988 - 08/21/17 04:31 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...

Now you that you talented gents have been handed the sweet, juicy apple of success (crunch, slurp, mmm-mmm!) why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

Congratulations, "Xtra Styles Contest Winners"!

Most sincerely and respectfully,

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

#426995 - 08/21/17 05:05 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426997 - 08/21/17 05:12 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...
why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

Hi Loren,

I think each of my entries has info about the motivation/inspiration for each song at the top of the post. Check out the original post on each song.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#426998 - 08/21/17 05:15 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: VideoTrack]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

Hey VT,

Thanks so much. There were a lot of good entries in this competition. A great, inspirational STYLE PAK didn't hurt either.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#427009 - 08/21/17 06:25 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Well done to the winners and thanks to PG Music for the opportunity.

#427018 - 08/21/17 07:35 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Hi Loren
In my case the inspiration for the lyrics came from my profound love for animals and nature. And the idea that we all are basically the same - us, animals, plants, everything. We are one giant choir, and with slightly different voices we sing the same, beautiful song. It also came from my passion for science. In physics, string theory basically argues something quite similar: the fundamental components of reality are tiny strings, and everything - energy, matter etc - is the result of their viibrations. The universe is music, in a sense. We are music. How beautiful is that? String theory is not proven yet, but I thought it would make a nice starting point for a song anyway smile
Jon

#427022 - 08/21/17 09:33 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Jon Thomas]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear Jon Thomas...

Thank you SO much for responding to my request of all the winners!

I am in totally agreement with you about the "string" that ties everything together in this inexpressibly beautiful world -- that is, as Our Creator originally designed it.

Your song clearly and jubilantly expressed your feelings about the glorious, harmonious inter-relatedness of everything.

Here are the powerful words of Ludwig Van Beethoven on the nature of music:

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are."

Gratefully,

LOREN

Edited by bluage (08/21/17 09:34 PM)

#427023 - 08/21/17 09:36 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Buford]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear Buford...

I'll do just that very thing!

Thanks for responding.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#427032 - 08/22/17 01:48 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun for me to participate in the competition and listen to my competitors' songs.

Best regards.

From Japan
Shigeki Adachi

#427037 - 08/22/17 04:04 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for your kind words.
Ive been using Band in a Box since the early 90's.
When I first purchased BB it arrived in floppy disk form.

Ive been using BB for so long that it has become second nature to me.
Sometimes I am guilty of taking BB for granted because it has become such a part of my life.

When I hear a great style, I hear an unwritten song. Just gotta keep chopping bits off till I find it.
The inspiration for my song was the drum beat in SECLUDE.STY and to me that was the star of the whole effort.
Thank you guys for the great support and thank you PG music.
Rob

#427044 - 08/22/17 05:39 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A well deserved congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who participated. Tom

#427134 - 08/22/17 12:43 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to all of the winners!

And, as has been noted, congratulations to ALL of the enormously talented songwriters who turned in submissions.

I only saw winners on this one, seems like everybody won. There was a staggering outpouring of high level songwriting and artistry. And one guy in one category sounded EXACTLY like Jeff Beck. Must have been some tough choices.

smile

Congrats to everyone again and thanks to Band-in-a-Box for such cool tools to work with.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#427208 - 08/23/17 04:19 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Congratulations to all...winners and those who contributed alike. Your efforts have been an inspiration. Your insights and use of the new styles have given all of us new creative possibilities.

Jeff
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k@4.6Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.02

#427487 - 08/25/17 06:54 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

For those who asked, "Great White" is now downloadable from Soundcloud.
Enjoy, BB

#427883 - 08/27/17 09:31 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Well done everybody! Especially the category winners. And also well done to PG music for putting this competition on. I love the new styles and use them all the time. I can highly recommend them to people who already have the everything Pak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Blake 
PG Music News
Learn More About the Redesigned Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker!

Wow - how much do you LOVE the redesigned SongPicker in Band-in-a-Box® 2019?!

The SongPicker within Band-in-a-Box® accesses the folder of your choosing for easy opening of all your favorite songs, or song files purchased from a third party or shared by a friend, member of your band, etc.

Now, with this redesigned feature, you can view the chord progression for your selected song without having to open it in Band-in-a-Box® and can copy the information from this window right into a TXT file!

The new progress bar is a great visual aid when you're updating the folder - for instance, if you load the ENTIRE Band-in-a-Box® folder, that's over 15,000 songs - and it's nice to see the progress/confirmation on screen. Not that you'll be waiting long - since the SongPicker now builds lists faster!

Plus, there's so many filters added - searching for the song you want has never been easier!

Click here for a detailed write up on this redesigned feature, or watch the Video - SongPicker Overview.

TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2015 Sound Bytes Review!

Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows was released on December 2014, and added GUI enhancements, support for 64-bit VST Plugins using jBridge, the ability to Load & Play videos PLUS save your song as a video... and more!

Check out the candid Sound Bytes review of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows here.

Band In a Box grew up and became very mature software, offering a whole new world of possibilities – and we all just missed the progress, thinking that it is still the old toy that we used to know.
-A. Arsov

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Options

Learn more about the Chord Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Watch the video.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 is included in this patch.

Summary of changes for build 625 (March 19, 2019):

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 (Mar 7) is included in this patch.

Improved: Faster program bootup.
Improved: The SongPicker has sorting added. Each column can be sorted in forward or reverse order by clicking on the column.
Improved: New buttons [Search] and [Search Again] in the SongPicker allow you to search for certain text.
Improved: In the SongPicker, pressing the first letter jumps to that song (using the sorted column). If you type more than one character (within 2 seconds), such as typing ba it will jump to songs beginning with "ba".
Improved: SongPicker Options window has "play when chosen" added.
Improved: SongPicker Options window has option to disable sorting (if you have a slow machine and more than 40,000 songs in a list, you might want to disable sorting).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might prompt user to re-activate their license. Users who are still getting a message such as "program can only used on one computer" at bootup, can repair their license with this small .exe.
Fixed: Noise and frozen playback problems when using SampleTank 3 on some computers.
Fixed: The Big Lyrics window would automatically open when opening a song that contained only section text events.
Fixed: RealDrums picker might crash if no RealDrums are selected.
Fixed: The letter R cannot be used in note based lyrics.
Fixed: Audio base tempo would not be applied until song was reopened or Audio Edit window open prior to playback.
Fixed: The SongPicker displayed a dark grey background after rebuilding.
Fixed: Various minor typos in StylePicker and Titles database as reported.
Improved: LD harmonica RealTracks will now work better over major chord progressions.
Fixed: Look Ma More MIDI .SGU demos were not loading from StylePicker.
Improved: Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Sw 120: gaps are filled more appropriately.
Fixed: RockEven16 Drums sometimes played an ending bar in the middle of the song in the B section.
Fixed: Various RealDrums transcriptions had issues with bars displaying incorrectly.
Added: RealDrums transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 11 transcription partially incorrect.
Fixed: _SONGBRD demo was at an incorrect tempo.
Added: RealTracks Transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FastPowerRockQuinn Ev 160 - some chords incorrectly played.
Fixed: Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopMelodic Ev 120 was not playing back properly.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PeruFestejo68 Sw 120 now plays m7b5 chords more accurately.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPicked8ths Ev 165 and Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPickedA-B Ev 165 were playing a few incorrect chords.
Improved: Several acoustic strumming guitar audition demos.
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopHardHighMurray Ev16 075 was playing incorrect chords in certain instances.
Fixed: Charango, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085 and Electric, AndesHuaynoA-B Ev16 085 were not playing all chords
Fixed: A few RealStyles (e.g. _longing.sty) previously had parts on the melody track, and would therefore delete any existing melodies.
Fixed: _Arabian demo incompatible with localized BB versions.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Sheet Display Options

Learn more about the Chord Sheet Display Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch the video.

You can also read all about Chord Sheet Display Options within our Online Manual.

Add Cellist Natalie Haas to Your Band with RealTracks Set 325!

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas!

Watch the video demo of these RealTracks here.

RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas is available for $29 here, and is also included in the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or PlusPAK Upgrade. You can also purchase this RealTracks Set bundled with all the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 released Country RealTracks (Sets 320-328) in the RealPAK: Country 15 for $79.

Learn more about Natalie Haas here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Review!

Visit www.gearslutz.com and you'll find a recent (and thorough!) review of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

Band-in-a-Box has evolved into an expansive musical tool-set, able to aid both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical "talent". It's easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. An amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1248525-pg-music-band-box.html

Summary
Sound quality: 5/5 Stars
Ease of use: 4/5 Stars
Features: 5/5 Stars
Bang for buck: 5/5 Stars
Overall: 4.75/5 Stars!

Forum Stats
29191 Members
60 Forums
57410 Topics