Loc: Ontario, Canada
Latest from Christiane and myself: Take it easy on me

The band:
Drums: BluesRock12/8
Bass: 564
Organ: 2734
Piano/vocals/lyrics: Chris Spruit
Guitars: Dave Bell

Take it easy on me (Christiane Spruit, 2017)

1 Verse
Close to the edge
when the bad times come to crash
I am tapping at the mask
plead for guilty, may I ask
Do I have to change the frame
change the rules in a running game
but I know it ain't the same
well, it is hard for me to claim

Chorus
Take it easy on me
Love don't treat me bad, this way
Can you call out my real name?
But I know it ain't the same
Take it easy on me
When I do not act decently
some times begging some times steal
Take it easy on me

2 Verse
I do fall that easily
feeling cold in the burning heat
and the taste seems bittersweet
close the door I trick and treat
Do I have to take the blame
making rules I can't explain
being a pawn in a waiting game

Chorus
Take it easy on me
Love don't treat me bad, this way
Can you call out my real name?
But I know it ain't the same
Take it easy on me
When I do not act decently
some times begging some times steal
Leave a fortune, spin the wheel

Comments as always are welcome! Still tweaking the mix a little, once it's done I'll upload over on soundcloud.

P.S. I should mention that I used neutron on this song for the first time. It did a great job of fixing up a problem I had with the B3 masking out the bass. Great piece of software!

Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/blue-attitude/take-it-easy-on-me-featuring-chris-spruit

Edited by BlueAttitude (08/24/17 05:26 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#427051 - 08/22/17 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

#427096 - 08/22/17 08:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

I am with Tom on this one. What a cool blues tune. Vocals were awesome. Guitar was super. Loved the piano too...

#427111 - 08/22/17 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,

This has a great slow burn feeling.It might be the best vocal performance I`ve heard by Chris and that guitar solo is well worth the wait. As Tom says, you are quite the team.

Robert

#427181 - 08/22/17 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Dave what are you using for guitars and effects.

#427188 - 08/22/17 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

Tom summed this up quite nicely. There's a certain "magic" sound to a minor blues. It just draws you in and you can't escape it. And this fabulous song does just that. Loved the raunchy lead guitar! Super song and delivery.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#427199 - 08/23/17 12:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

Top quality blues - great vocal and very nice piano solo.
Of course I enjoyed the searing guitar solo!

Peter

#427203 - 08/23/17 12:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great powerful blues ballad.
Nicely done.
Rob

#427219 - 08/23/17 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: tommyad]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Thanks, Tom smile
Yes, we have lots of fun working on these songs together. This one makes 21 songs we have done!

Blue Attitude Website

#427220 - 08/23/17 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,

This has a great slow burn feeling.It might be the best vocal performance I`ve heard by Chris and that guitar solo is well worth the wait. As Tom says, you are quite the team.

Robert

Thanks for the listen and the kind words Robert, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427222 - 08/23/17 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Scott C]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Dave what are you using for guitars and effects.

Scott, for the last few months I've been using the Shuffham S-Gear amp simulator. It was Tom Adams that turned me onto using it, and in my opinion it is the best one out there.

On the guitar panned left I'm using tremolo (part of S-Gear) and I'm controlling it via an automation track within my DAW (reaper).

The lead guitar is also going though waves CLA guitars plugin, bought it on sale a few weeks ago. I'm using that to add reverb and delay mostly.

I used a strat for all the guitar tracks.

Blue Attitude Website

#427237 - 08/23/17 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Great vocals here. Very nice song. It has a very vintage vibe to it yet edgy and modern at the same time. The guitar solo is superb as well.

www.sammycountry.com

#427243 - 08/23/17 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! Very interesting panning going on here. The thing I found the most gripped was those vocals! They are hauntingly beautiful, and really have a unique, sincere quality to them.

All in all, a wonderful tune! Sort of reminds me of a post-modern Pat Benatar. You really feel this one in your soul smile Great job, BlueAttitude!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (08/23/17 07:28 AM)

#427246 - 08/23/17 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
good job all around! I enjoyed the listen!

I love all the cool stuff that BIAB can do, but I especially like it when people use it to build a background for their own performance, and that's what you've done here!

#427256 - 08/23/17 08:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Love the feel and groove, super mix

great guitar riffs, strong vocals

cool song

enjoyed

Kenny

#427298 - 08/23/17 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"I do fall that easily
feeling cold in the burning heat
and the taste seems bittersweet
close the door I trick and treat
Do I have to take the blame
making rules I can't explain
being a pawn in a waiting game"

It's hard to choose our favorite lines but the above will do. This is one of the rare tunes where everything is supportive and nothing just carried along by the stronger elements. The vocal and guitar performances don't let your attention stray for a moment. The production quality is top tier.

The song just soars and soars.....

Well done!

J&B

#427363 - 08/24/17 04:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Al-David]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David

Tom summed this up quite nicely. There's a certain "magic" sound to a minor blues. It just draws you in and you can't escape it. And this fabulous song does just that. Loved the raunchy lead guitar! Super song and delivery.

Alan

Thanks for the listen and comments Alan, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427364 - 08/24/17 04:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: PeterF]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Top quality blues - great vocal and very nice piano solo.
Of course I enjoyed the searing guitar solo!

Peter

Peter, happy you liked the solo! That was actually a one take placeholder so Chris would know where it was when I sent her the bed. My intent was to replace it, but decided I liked the feel of it.

Blue Attitude Website

#427466 - 08/25/17 03:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Rob4580]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great powerful blues ballad.
Nicely done.
Rob

Thanks for the listen and comment, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427467 - 08/25/17 03:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Samuel Davis]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Great vocals here. Very nice song. It has a very vintage vibe to it yet edgy and modern at the same time. The guitar solo is superb as well.

Thanks Samuel!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32475 Members
68 Forums
65168 Topics
552185 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Lou S, DanDanDan, TVI, genecgp, tal

32475 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 183
Jim Fogle 153