Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#427468 - 08/25/17 03:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! Very interesting panning going on here. The thing I found the most gripped was those vocals! They are hauntingly beautiful, and really have a unique, sincere quality to them.

All in all, a wonderful tune! Sort of reminds me of a post-modern Pat Benatar. You really feel this one in your soul smile Great job, BlueAttitude!

Good ear, I panned the rhythm guitar different than I normally would, been experimenting with different techniques and tools here for the last little while. Always trying to get the mixes to sound better!

Thanks, Deryk!

Blue Attitude Website

#427620 - 08/26/17 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Pat Marr]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
good job all around! I enjoyed the listen!

I love all the cool stuff that BIAB can do, but I especially like it when people use it to build a background for their own performance, and that's what you've done here!

Yes, that's why I got BIAB in the first place back around 2002 or so. It's a much better program now!!

Thanks, Pat smile

Blue Attitude Website

#427621 - 08/26/17 04:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: 44kfl]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Love the feel and groove, super mix

great guitar riffs, strong vocals

cool song

enjoyed

Kenny

Thanks for the listen and comments Kenny!

Blue Attitude Website

#427635 - 08/26/17 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Dave,

Oh yeah!

That's what I'm talking about! See you are #1 on Reverb. Awesome y'all.

Great singing and playing!!

Love those 12/8 drums. Nice!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#427640 - 08/26/17 07:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Japan
HiroshiK Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Japan
I am not a blues lover, but I love this song. Chris's vocal is very attractive. Everything is of high quality. I enjoyed it a lot.

Hiroshi

#427660 - 08/26/17 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Chris/Dave,

Y'all just keep getting better and better - knockin' 'em outta the park one after another... everything about this is good.

Super vocal. Excellent guitar work throughout - super solo. Chris' piano adds an extra bit of ear candy...

Excellent mix. Nice added drum bits. Everything "pops".

Great listen!

fj

#427729 - 08/26/17 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Wow Dave, you've got it all working in this one! You also have some really great vocal assistance! The guitar coming in at 2:57 was great! Take care, Torrey

#427782 - 08/27/17 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Janice & Bud]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I do fall that easily
feeling cold in the burning heat
and the taste seems bittersweet
close the door I trick and treat
Do I have to take the blame
making rules I can't explain
but I know it ain't the same
being a pawn in a waiting game"

It's hard to choose our favorite lines but the above will do. This is one of the rare tunes where everything is supportive and nothing just carried along by the stronger elements. The vocal and guitar performances don't let your attention stray for a moment. The production quality is top tier.

The song just soars and soars.....

Well done!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud, very much appreciated!

Blue Attitude Website

#427783 - 08/27/17 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: David Snyder]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Dave,

Oh yeah!

That's what I'm talking about! See you are #1 on Reverb. Awesome y'all.

Great singing and playing!!

Love those 12/8 drums. Nice!!

Thanks David!

Well I usually have either the #1 or #2 spot on reverb. But not really as impressive as you might think, it is for my hometown of Peterborough which has quite a small population. Not much competition in the blues genre!

And yeah, love those 12/8 drums! I've used them many times.

Blue Attitude Website

#427784 - 08/27/17 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: HiroshiK]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
I am not a blues lover, but I love this song. Chris's vocal is very attractive. Everything is of high quality. I enjoyed it a lot.

Hiroshi

Thanks, Hiroshi!

I have a Japanese friend that follows my music over on soundcloud. When he heard this song he told me it reminded him of a Japanese genre of music called "Enka".

Blue Attitude Website

#427892 - 08/28/17 03:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Chris/Dave,

Y'all just keep getting better and better - knockin' 'em outta the park one after another... everything about this is good.

Super vocal. Excellent guitar work throughout - super solo. Chris' piano adds an extra bit of ear candy...

Excellent mix. Nice added drum bits. Everything "pops".

Great listen!

fj

Thanks very much for the continued support, Floyd! It is appreciated by both Chris and myself.

Blue Attitude Website

#427893 - 08/28/17 03:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: Torrey Bliss]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wow Dave, you've got it all working in this one! You also have some really great vocal assistance! The guitar coming in at 2:57 was great! Take care, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey! Your latest one is fabulous, such a great sound!

Blue Attitude Website

#428314 - 08/31/17 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

Tommy got it right!! Super blues-love the minor blues. Vocal is probably my favorite one yet by Chris. Awesome!! Take care. Greg

#428416 - 09/01/17 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Greg Johnson]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

Tommy got it right!! Super blues-love the minor blues. Vocal is probably my favorite one yet by Chris. Awesome!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! I'll pass that along to her, she was very insecure about her vocal on this one.

Blue Attitude Website

#428462 - 09/01/17 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Outstanding! I am a sucker for a minor blues anyway, but this is way over the top. Great work! Love the guitar work, and the vocals rock!

#432125 - 10/03/17 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave,

Wow this is good!!! You and Christiane have, once again, surpassed yourselves. I'm sitting here right now thoroughly enjoying listening.

Chris's singing is stunning. She has written a set of outstanding lyrics and the way that she performs them, really sizzles! I found it impossible not to become involved.

In addition, your arrangement is magnificent. I love the instruments you've chosen and the way that you've used panning. That guitar solo burns it's so hot!!!! Your production is incredibly creative and with hints of the 60s when they only had 3 settings for pan (left, right, centre).

I'm very late in getting to this and I'm so glad that I found it.

All the best,
Noel

#432127 - 10/03/17 10:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

great blues! excellent vocal and super guitar.
Very well mixed.

Sergio

Sergio

#432177 - 10/03/17 02:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Excellent, just excellent! Love the grittiness of the vocal, and the arrangement is spot on.

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#433875 - 10/17/17 02:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy on me [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Thanks everyone! Chris and I are slowly getting better at writing and producing songs I think.

My wife and I just got back from a three week vacation to Europe, a dream vacation for us, we spent a few years planning and saving up for it.

One of the highlights was we got to meet Christiane and her spouse for the first time at her home in Germany, up to this point we had only communicated via email. Very cool!

As soon as I have some free time I'll spend a few hours checking out all the posts to see what I have missed smile

Blue Attitude Website

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Forum Stats
32176 Members
65 Forums
64366 Topics
545636 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
TheJawoo, Amra, luck god, willipeter, nvtmusic

32175 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)