Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#428029 - 08/29/17 06:59 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
AlastairLC Offline
Apprentice

These are not "nice to haves" I'm talking about, Bob. They are malfunctions (e.g., highlighter not tracking 3/4 times) or basic functionality needs (e.g., going to next song in a directory). PG Music's Windows/Mac programs have these features and a hundred more. It's only reasonable to expect them to spend a little time bringing their iPad version up to minimal standards.

#428045 - 08/29/17 08:23 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

You do understand that Biab itself does not directly run on an iPad, right? It's a completely different OS than a Mac or PC. Personally I've never understood why someone would be using this app for live work anyway. Just convert all your songs to Wav or MP3's and use your iPad as a player using one of the many great iPad apps designed for that. Take forScore for example. You can link up your charts, lyrics, and actual backing tracks as setlists, use a footswitch to turn pages, lots of different stuff.

Set List Maker is another one so is I Gig Book.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#428049 - 08/29/17 08:54 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: jazzmammal]
AlastairLC Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Bob. Yes I do understand that. I create and revise all my backing tracks on my Windows version of BIAB and transfer them to my iPad. I like using the iPad version for performances because it fits unobtrusively on my music stand next to my iPad Pro which shows my sheet music. (I also like having a working highlighter as I tend to get lost from time to time.)
I'm not tech savvy enough to know about the other programs you mentioned. If BIAB for iPad doesn't get fixed I guess I'll have to look into them. I like to keep it simple so I hope that I can continue to just use BIAB.

#428060 - 08/29/17 10:55 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

It should be more than a Wishlist, more like a To Do List.
A good way is to save your Biab songs to Video Render.
If you do them with a low video bitrate they are not much bigger than an mp3/m4a.

#428128 - 08/29/17 05:17 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

You use two iPads? Well that's pretty cool. IPads are nice devices, lots of players I know use them. You should check out some of those apps though, they work really well. Here's the IGigBook page:

http://www.igigbook.com/

This app does a lot, can't say if it's for you but it's worth a look.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#428158 - 08/29/17 11:37 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Here's a video you can try on your pads/tablets.
It has been unfolded (Edit > Song Form > Unfold).
Save As Button > Save as Video
It is set to scroll ahead and show tittle, 640x360.
In BB > Prefs > Display, you can set the number of rows to see on the pad/tablet.
To include Count-in > Audio > Render to Stereo > Include Drum Count-in sound.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x8ns7dikxqfgcm/BLEACHER-Demo.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h0dbe5yz2ndqsr/BLEACHER-Demo-count.mp4?dl=0
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x8ns7dikxqfgcm/BLEACHER-Demo.mp4?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h0dbe5yz2ndqsr/BLEACHER-Demo-count.mp4?dl=1
Click No Thanks Continue at bottom to skip login

Here's a free AVI to MP4 converter
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Free-AVI-to-MP4-Converter.shtml

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#428213 - 08/30/17 12:28 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Apprentice

Bob, you can see my two-iPad setup in my first post of "What's Your Setup" in the Recording, Mixing,... forum. Works for me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - DAW Plugin 3.0 New Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 DAW Plugin offers great new features including enhanced audio rendering, support for displaying two chord types, the ability to change audio output channels, and we've added table view buttons. Now you can Import MIDI markers and tempo map, export chord markers as a MIDI file, generate all ungenerated tracks, and much more!

Learn all about the new features added to the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® DAW Plugin 3.0: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - DAW Plugin 3.0 New Features

Read about the new features.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021: New Features Video - Extended Version!

The complete Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac New Features Video is ready!!!

With 80+ new features, there's a lot to discuss - so grab a snack & something to wash it down with and watch Tobin explain everything new for version 2021: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Video: "New Features, RealTracks, and Additional Content!"

Prefer to read?
Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: Everything you need to know in less than 6 minutes!

Take a few minutes to learn about the 80+ new features and content added to Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac® - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

To celebrate this new version, we're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade purchases until June 30, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Introducing XPro Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Introducing XPro Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Great news! We've created a collection of 100 styles that work with the Band-in-a-Box Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 1 greatly expands your Band-in-a-Box® style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

AND IT IS ON SALE UNTIL JUNE 30TH! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 to your collection for only $29... that's 40% off our regular price of $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 1 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2021 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Using Windows? Click here for your XPro Styles PAK 1 page.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac is Here!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 11, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until June 30, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac

Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download
Read the Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Users Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

Customers LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more! In fact, here's what people are saying...

I LOVE the double-time comping electric piano!

Everyone should have these!

These are a must have!

Half and double time styles - yes!

Love what I'm hearing! My compliments to the producer that created them.

These are AWESOME!

Nailed it!

Some really great sounding country styles here!

There are some great styles in this XtraPAK.

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st!

During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows special, all our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more and order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users should install the latest patch update, which includes support for Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows (on sale until May 31st - learn more here)!

We've also updated the Song Titles database, resolved user-reported issues for various drum features, and more.

Learn more & download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 833 for Windows.

Forum Stats
34496 Members
66 Forums
69595 Topics
600083 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
offaxisdude, drmsa, FireDoodTrkr69, Angus, Rutter

34495 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 215
Matt Finley 179