You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#429960 - 09/16/17 11:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] BIAB Songs archives?
joden Offline
Journeyman

I have the BIAB songs archive from the Yahoo Groups pages, but I was wondering if anything newer has been established somewhere?

#430057 - 09/17/17 08:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

There may be but a lot of Biab songs websites have been taken down due to copyright violations. The reason for that is those songfiles contain melodies.

What types of songs are you looking for?

Bob

#430060 - 09/17/17 09:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
joden Offline
Journeyman

I know you have lots for sale, I am looking more for user groups where BIAB user share charts (NON-Melody). Not looking to buy anything, sorry.

#430076 - 09/17/17 12:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I think perhaps you may be referring to the other Bob, Bob 'Notes' Norton, who does indeed sell his products (of excellent quality).
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#430087 - 09/17/17 01:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: Matt Finley]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I think perhaps you may be referring to the other Bob, Bob 'Notes' Norton, who does indeed sell his products (of excellent quality).

hahaha totally correct Matt, my bad jazzmammal, sorry.

#430088 - 09/17/17 01:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: jazzmammal]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
There may be but a lot of Biab songs websites have been taken down due to copyright violations. The reason for that is those songfiles contain melodies.

What types of songs are you looking for?

Bob

So now that the embarrasing moment is over hahaha!....nothing in particular...more just a place where one can upload charts and swap around with others....there are some forums I go to where they have active user content, but this one (BIAB) does not seem to have a dedicate section for it?? They have user tracks and other stuff, but nothing for just sharing charts only.

#430090 - 09/17/17 01:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
joden Offline
Journeyman

It's not that important really, was just wondering mostly hahaha!

#430111 - 09/17/17 05:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
The beauty of Biab allows us to make our own backing tracks to famous songs. Now that we can add so many different tracks as an overall backing accompaniment, I haven't searched for an archived list in a while.

One of my favorite things to do with Biab is to take a song and make the backing how I want it to sound. That is where I get most of my joy working with Biab.

Trax

#430112 - 09/17/17 06:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: Sterling, Va
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
Just google BIAB song files. Lots of hits.

#430195 - 09/18/17 08:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: on the edge of the sandbar
mrgeeze Offline
Apprentice

Loc: on the edge of the sandbar
Perhaps this site could host a new forum called "Sharing BIAB Covers" or "Accompaniment Only" or "Music Minus 1" (i think Jamie Aebersold (sp?) might have something to say about that one) that would allow those who want a place share arrangements of cover tunes.

The host (PG Music) should set the rules (no melodies, no $$, credits, etc)
as well as providing the necessary storage/policing, etc.
No doubt some extra work for someone at PG Music.

It could be a great place for those of us who build arrangements for cover songs we perform to exchange and compare our work.

It could also be a great forum to show what can be done with biab.

Hearing other peoples original work is interesting.
Clearly some users are more talented than I.

However, my primary use of BIAB is to build backing track for instrumental guitar performance. I'd love to see what others are doing.
audioengine usb audio out
tanacom 1000 deep drop (12 volt)
costa del mar sunglasses
honda element

#430197 - 09/18/17 08:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I have asked for it before, but I wish BIAB had a batch feature to strip out melodies from MGU files and save a whole group as SGU files, just for the purpose of sharing. You can batch convert to MIDI or audio, but you can't batch convert from MGU to SGU.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#430252 - 09/18/17 08:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Mrgeeze, I doubt Jamey Abersold has any claim to the Music Minus One (MMO) trademark. I played along with LP records with that name in the late 1950s.
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#431013 - 09/24/17 01:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

I think this concept goes against PGM policy. Have any of us ever seen official advertising from PG saying how great Biab is for creating covers of famous songs?

The answer to that is a big NO and the reason why is obvious. Considering the company won't even put the correct names to demo songs that are clearly a classic tune based on the chords, they're not about to create some repository of those even without the melodies. If they did something like that I'll bet we couldn't use the correct names so we'd be left with guessing which song is what and we would be PM'ing each other to get that info. I can see it now, here's a post on that new forum:

Here's a very famous song done by some good Detroit rockers around 1972. Hope you like it.

You play it and all you hear is the chords using one of the rock styles. No melody, no song specific licks. Gee, that sounds useful...

Or for jazz:

Here's a great tune done around 1942 by a certain feathered sax player...

Bob

#431016 - 09/24/17 01:51 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

I’d rather create my own arrangements. Doesn’t take long for a song, as we know----especially if you have access to the chord progression and have some idea how you’d like to present the song. Back in the early days, I downloaded a batch of BIAB song files from somewhere. However, I wound up changing the chords, styles, etc. to suit my own interpretation of the songs. Works best that way for me. I generally play live straight from the laptop, with BIAB 2017. However, I played a solo brunch today on guitar, with wav files I had mixed from BIAB. The tracks really sounded clean and full, played from a tablet through a stereo sound system. May have to start working more that way.

#431050 - 09/24/17 04:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: joden]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
It doesn't take long for a cover song file to become outdated. Every year new RealTracks and styles are released and technology is updated. It doesn't take many upgrades to make the "greatest cover ever" obsolete.

Some users select styles and create a chord progression for each instrument in order to get the instrument to play exactly what is intended. Then they freeze the instrument and proceed to the next instrument.

"The best cover" is very subjective and depends on the patience and skill level of the user.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#431109 - 09/25/17 07:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB Songs archives? [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
FWIW - If I were to do covers using RTs I would do it in RB and not BiaB. Why? Because I could regenerate only certain measures while retaining the rest of the track. Once that track was finished I'd move onto the next track.

Note this is from someone who 1-uses MIDI for covers because MIDI is more flexible editing wise and 2- one who does not use RB.

YMMV

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28395 Members
58 Forums
55119 Topics
458905 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Michaeljones, prian, olderfellow, Ronny Nitz, oscar420

28394 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 320
Pipeline 315