Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#430212 - 09/18/17 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made your own video using this feature? Share it here!

#430381 - 09/19/17 08:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: South Africa
Mike Laatz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: South Africa
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation.
I'm a sax player, and it would be great to be able to read transposed dots while the backing is playing. I posted this on the wishlist a while back.

#430387 - 09/20/17 01:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

I have never quite understood what this feature is good for? Why would I upload a video like this to YouTube? The only thing I can think of is to use as a visual guide for playing along...kind of a musical karaoke for several players to follow along with. Is there some other benefit to this that I have not figured out?

#430417 - 09/20/17 08:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Online   content
Veteran

J3, I think you answered your own question.

It can also be used for folks to concurrently see and hear what's going on in a song chord-progression-wise.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#430468 - 09/20/17 06:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
The feature also allows you to upload a song to YouTube without having to personally create a video.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#430476 - 09/20/17 09:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Mike Laatz]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Mike Laatz
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation....

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

There's a free avi to mp4 converter here to convert the very large avi to smaller mp4 video:

Biab Songs On iPad/Tablets

#431097 - 09/25/17 04:18 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Central Ohio
What a great feature. And what a wonderful job of explaining the applications,
not the least of which is the collaborative, especially the part about muting tracks for the instruments and distributing copies to the band members, and as a learning and teaching tool.
I have been using screen recordings of Baib for a few years, now, and have found them very useful in on-line instruction. This new Baib feature sends that application into the stratosphere, as, now, the interface can be posted and distributed like never before.
You might think I'd have something to add; but, no, you guys have it covered, and more. Great future for Baib, to augment its illustrious past!
TEAC Digital deck

#431325 - 09/26/17 03:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

I'm glad Callie brought this up.
I wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with it.

I'm running BIAB 2017 (467) on a Windows 10 Home machine.
The problem I'm having (and have had for the past couple of versions of BIAB)
is that if I just want to create a video, and not post it on Youtube,
it doesn't seem to co-operate.

Here's my test:

1. In a new instance of BIAB, go to File > Open and navigate to the bb folder
2. Scroll down the list past all the folders and open the first .mgu file !BYRDQRT
3. Change the number of choruses to 1, just so it isn't so long
4. Click the Save As icon and select the "Save as Video" choice
5. Leave all the boxes to their defaults and click OK - Render Video
6. When it has finished, click Show Video File, then double click the file

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion.

If anyone has time to see if they can replicate this, I'd appreciate it.
I chased it around last winter with the PG Support team, to the point that they even sent me a test file, which I still can't get to work.

Help!
Thanks!
LLOYD S

#431327 - 09/26/17 03:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I have a similar issue that the video does not show the entire screen. Only about 3/4 screen, the first 20 bars. I have found that selecting the scroll ahead option does advance the hidden bars...

#431330 - 09/26/17 03:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Lloyd S]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Lloyd S

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion..

Can you try it with the converter from the above post
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Free-AVI-to-MP4-Converter.shtml

or try https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm
when you install KLite it will give a right click "MediaInfo"

Attachments
MediaInfo.jpg

#431355 - 09/26/17 07:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Pipeline]
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

+100 !
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#431359 - 09/26/17 08:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I posted this black screen problem on the other thread. Definitely an issue in Windows 10.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430957#Post430957

Edited by lambada (09/26/17 08:09 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#431404 - 09/27/17 10:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Pipeline:

I don't mind trying some converters to get the AVI file down to MP4 size.
However, what I'm trying to establish is, does the BIAB "Save as Video" function, work as advertised, or does it need to be fixed, for those who want a video, but don't necessarily want to post it to Youtube.

If you and Charlie have both tried the non-youtube process and it works for both of you using my method above, then either I'm doing something wrong or there's a glitch in the BIAB program.

Thanks!
LLOYD S

#431417 - 09/27/17 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Lloyd S]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I would just try the converter to mp4 and see if you get the video first. The Mac versions saves straight to mp4.
If the uploaded avi won't show on Win10 but shows on youtube then it's just a codec issue.

#431422 - 09/27/17 12:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Quote:
No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I did the same thing on my laptop after Windows 10 developed an unrecoverable blue screen (after having using it with Windows 10 for almost a year). I much later figured out what the problem was and know what to do now, but haven't gone back. That being said, my two desktop machines are on Windows 10.

I agree...if it works with YouTube, but not locally, then it is a Codec issue.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#431427 - 09/27/17 02:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

I am hesitant to set up a YouTube account just to do a little testing.
I was hoping that someone running Win 10 would be able to try the non-youtube function to see if they get the same unusable results.

If it's a Codec issue, then it's a BIAB issue.
BIAB should include, and use, a working Codec when you click the "Show Video File" button, or at the very least, inform you that you don't have the correct Codec and offer to send you to the appropriate website to get it.

Thanks all !!
LLOYD S

#431447 - 09/27/17 05:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Lloyd S]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Try a media player with it's own built-in codes like SMPLAYER

#431475 - 09/28/17 05:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Pipeline:

That just may work, but it doesn't address the underlying problem.

Thanks!
LLOYD S

#431477 - 09/28/17 06:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

HI

The normal windows Media Player works for me on windows 7

However it wont play if BIAB is still using the file you need to exit the song in Biab, or close the program having made a note of where BI|AB saves the video file.

Almost any free media player will play these files including VLC it is a fairly common codec most media players will play by default as one of the possible AVI codec types.

Mke

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#431502 - 09/28/17 08:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Mike:

I tried your tip of closing BIAB before playing the .AVI file and that works in both Windows Media Player and VLC
HOWEVER
it only DISPLAYS the first couple of lines (8 bars), then the sound continues but the graphic is just a black background.
All this is, again, using Win 10.

I'll try Charlie's idea of using "scroll ahead" and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!
LLOYD S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28450 Members
58 Forums
55281 Topics
460543 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PedroD, Tom Laskey, Atsushi, saxmanz, dewar

28449 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 363
Pipeline 339