Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#434513 - 10/21/17 11:21 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

No problem at all John. Personally I think the strength of the Chandelier is the song itself. That and the fact that it was recorded in a million dollar studio with million dollar arrangers and engineers, with million dollar plugins...

#434519 - 10/21/17 11:40 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
No problem at all John. Personally I think the strength of the Chandelier is the song itself. That and the fact that it was recorded in a million dollar studio with million dollar arrangers and engineers, with million dollar plugins...

Yeah, you are probably right on all counts about Chandelier.

Slightly off the topic...but now that I have listened to several of your songs over at SongTradr.com would you mind me asking how you like that? I have sold instrumentals at Audio Jungle but the competition there is so fierce that only a few sales straggle in every month! Plus, I'd like to produce some songs with vox too and they wouldn't work well at Audio Jungle.

#434521 - 10/21/17 11:46 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi J
Have had 25 songs licensed there but no money yet.....so we wait and see

#434522 - 10/21/17 12:23 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Hi J

Do they charge you to submit? Do they require their approval of your submissions?

#434575 - 10/21/17 08:42 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Hi J

Do they charge you to submit? Do they require their approval of your submissions?

It is very cheap to submit. $4 buys you loads of credits.

There are two types of opportunities. "Deals" and "music wanted". Deals are for blanket type licenses and libraries. Here is a compilation album that one of my songs appears on. http://www.deezer.com/track/399901362

The payment terms for these varies.

Music wanted are for specific opportunities for specific clients and tend to look more lucrative that deals. They can pay up to $1000 to use your song in a movie or advert etc. the songs submitted to these opps need to be very specific to the brief (otherwise you will probably get a bad name!) and I am sure there is loads of competition for these.

They review each song submitted and then shortlist, then send to the music supervisor for final selection, then license.

So far, my songs have only been licensed for deals but I currently have 2 in final selection for music wanted.

#434576 - 10/21/17 09:06 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the info Joanne! Your songs are sounding really great! Very professional! I hope you sell a bunch! We can all say we knew you back when!!! smile

#434590 - 10/22/17 12:20 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
You guys are great. I love you all!
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#434597 - 10/22/17 12:37 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Florida
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Thanks for the info Joanne. I was wondering how licensing worked. I'll have to look into that site.

On another note, I decided to turn the little instrumental I made yesterday into a full blown song. Here's the link for the Shocase thread it's under.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=434583#Post434583

www.sammycountry.com

#434630 - 10/22/17 05:34 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Great Samuel. Let me know how it goes. Just had a listen to your latest. I think it would be good for licensing.

#434950 - 10/24/17 07:09 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Since I started it, I guess I get the right to post??

smile

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=416357&page=1

The song above Oh by The way was done with the use of BIAB and I ran across it as I am remastering for an album.

As stated in the original post, BIAB was with me all the way through.

1.) I wrote piano riff.

2.) I use chord wizard to tell me what chords I was playing.

3.) I used those chords to form the backbone of the structure, but embellishing and inverting for the chorus.

4.) I used a BIAB style to give me a start (see OP) then added my own synth parts, and a few extra guitars in places.

I was not going for "modern" I was going for "David Snyder" but I am pretty happy with the results and there is no way I could have pulled this off without Band in a Box.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#435047 - 10/24/17 02:33 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Central Ohio
Pretty clear that is a good job, Samuel. It takes some doing to get
'these guys to spring to their feets, but you did.
Ever hear Mike Henderson?
Edge of Night by Mike Henderson
He is something of a Nashville regulars' favorite at The Bluebird.

Edited by edshaw (10/24/17 02:33 PM)
TASCAM Digital deck

#435049 - 10/24/17 02:39 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Modern Sound_Very Quick Tutorial [Re: edshaw]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Pretty clear that is a good job, Samuel. It takes some doing to get
'these guys to spring to their feets, but you did.
Ever hear Mike Henderson?
Edge of Night by Mike Henderson
He is something of a Nashville regulars' favorite at The Bluebird.

We've listened to him from the 1990's to the Steel Drivers to his return to the blues. He's an amazing musician and some of his youtube videos have John Jarvis on piano.

J&B
J&B Website

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 614 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 614 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes for build 614:
Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset [0] was not working properly.
Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.

DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason® - Watch now...

Forum Stats
28766 Members
60 Forums
56374 Topics
469952 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
FRANK WYBOUW, bjazzy, yanorz, Prodigital, Marc Baum

28765 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 331
RobH 309