Page 1 of 2 1 2
#436059 10/31/17 10:25 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
What about a hardware version of Biab with a solid state drive that is firmware update-able for new RT/Styles and comes with a ultra thin gorilla glass wireless LED touch screen or can also Bluetooth to your tablet ? no more Windows, no more laptops !
Just like you have hardware karaoke players, DigiTech Trio (that uses biab tracks) and BackTrak backing track pedals.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I'll have some of whatever you're drinking!! grin

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I
Expert
Expert
I
I second that. Have a BIAB "computer" just made for BIAB. It would be more like a tablet than a computer with the best specs out there to blow the audio industry away.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Oh ya +1

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Goodbye to system & platform differences and discrepancies?! SIGN ME UP!! laugh

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Of course a great idea but what's it based on? Biab being touch enabled. That's been in the Wishlist for years.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Biab touch enabled ? you can do that now with a AHK GUI like the chord picker tool, create large touch buttons with any function you like.
You could run it on a POS terminal.
I have ETouch Jukebox on a POS terminal, the POS also has another video port so it will show music videos playing or music visualizations on the large LED TV Screen while you add more songs in the terminal.

But the hardware version needs to be a simplified version of Biab to do the basic things. Being hardware ROM it's instant on not pc boot up.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hmm. The idea is certainly interesting, however I think there are many ifs..
I believe BIAB is focused more on assembling/composing music and that process usually takes time: audition, trying out things, tweaking (going to deep dark places of menus). So "mousing" will still be needed for many, many tasks. And what about VST's? USB, VIDEO drivers...

If I only had the magic wand... I would focus on cleaning up all the clutter, modernizing most menus, open mixer to more tracks, speed up (significantly!) re-generation times, fix bugs, overhaul chord picker with something similar to what pipeline made, with a few other nuances. Combining some menus & features. One of the key items I would focus on is making interface fully customizable (modular) and re-sizable. Where is my magic wand?!?!

If BIAB is tuned to near perfection, I believe there is no need for a separate hardware module. If one would want to use BIAB as a proprietary "hardware touch screen unit", there is always a possibility of using a powerful windows tablet (surface) or touch screen PC and tune it specifically for BIAB...and design the interface exactly how you want it, given the interface is modular smile

Bottom line, BIAB is very versatile piece of software, but it reminds me of a garden that was seeded in very anarchic way. You got all of these exotic plants growing one on top of the other (some, I am sure like it that way). Only a good gardener can restore the order smile

...Getting close to winter. Wondering about all the good things we got with 2019 update.. I am hoping that it was THE spark that will light up a bigger torch and not just a knee jerk effect.

I hope that was not all boring.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is not replacing the Biab software.
This is for LIVE Use, it has to be easy and simple for any musician that's not familiar with Biab to use without the steep learning curve of the million and 1 functions and features of the software.
Have a look at the first post and check out the DigiTech Trio it won best new product @ NAMM, see what it's powered by.
Your bass player and drummer don't show up at the gig because the drummer ran off with the bass player's wife, what do you do ?
You have the SGU's of your songs, mute all tracks except bass and drums !
It even has a conductor pedal, Bluetooth, USB and HDMI ports.
It will Bluetooth to your tablet or phone to display the chord chart.
Actually mute the bass track as another bass player just showed up, he doesn't know the songs but he is following the chord chart on his phone bluetoothed to the Band in a Hardware Box.

The old bass player had enough of the live scene so he buys Biab software version to create his own songs adding VST's to them and going deep into all the menus to do all sorts of things.

Now over to Biab software, lets get that sorted out and improved.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Ok, how about an alternative?

To have a (very) simple mixer app on android/iphone. Lets call it BIABPA (BIAB Play Along)

In full PC/MAC version have an option to... "Export to mobile format"... or even "Send to mobile device" So it will take your SGU/MGU or whatever is loaded in BIAB and render each track individually to a single compressed file that either is transferred to the mobile device directly or saved in "Mobile" folder on Hard Drive for manual transfer.

Then when you load the file on mobile device, it unpacks it to the proper channel and you can press your mutes or solos...

Use bluetooth or phones jack on the phone itself to PA or something else and use it as a backing module.

I think this is very doable.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 09/17/19 07:38 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You mean something like this https://www.pgmusic.com/support.android.htm

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Almost, but not quite.
As I understood, the mobile version as it stands is more like a remote item or mp4 player or even extension to PC version.

I am talking about more what you mentioned:
"Your bass player and drummer don't show up at the gig because the drummer ran off with the bass player's wife"

In the scenario I described (if you export all tracks as waves/mp3s in one compressed file and let the android app open and sort these properly on mixer with solos and mutes at your disposal) You can use it as backing unit soloing or muting tracks on the fly as needed. (If bass and drum players are fighting outside for example) Basically, a condensed multi track player... without the need of PC once you load your compressed files of course.

Oh yes, programming solo/mute buttons to be used with bluetooth pedal would also be a plus.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
This is not replacing the Biab software.
This is for LIVE Use, it has to be easy and simple for any musician that's not familiar with Biab to use without the steep learning curve of the million and 1 functions and features of the software.
Have a look at the first post and check out the DigiTech Trio it won best new product @ NAMM, see what it's powered by.
Your bass player and drummer don't show up at the gig because the drummer ran off with the bass player's wife, what do you do ?
You have the SGU's of your songs, mute all tracks except bass and drums !
It even has a conductor pedal, Bluetooth, USB and HDMI ports.
It will Bluetooth to your tablet or phone to display the chord chart.
Actually mute the bass track as another bass player just showed up, he doesn't know the songs but he is following the chord chart on his phone bluetoothed to the Band in a Hardware Box.

The old bass player had enough of the live scene so he buys Biab software version to create his own songs adding VST's to them and going deep into all the menus to do all sorts of things.

The current Trio has built-in; 7 Music Genres To Choose From • 12 Styles Selectable Per Genre •

A solution is to add a second USB port on the existing Trio that accepts a flash drive and modify the Trio device to allow access to the music genres and styles storage and make it user selectable between the flash drive and on board genres/styles. Using a PC, the entire BIAB Style Picker would be available to load on the flash drive and be loaded into the Trio. Trio owners that don't have BIAB would have access to the current defaults listed above or could purchase BIAB to have the entire BIAB library available. Current owners of BIAB would already have that library available.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/18/19 02:40 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
100 BIG plus 1s.
My live computer is stripped right down to nothing so is real good on play back but every gig I get the heebeegeebees that windows is going to house me.A dedicated piece of hardware would be ideal for playback on live gigs.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
What a wild, and wonderful idea!

+1

I blame the hackers for our troubles. Yes, I said it! Windows and Mac are always updating for security reasons and that makes your computer slower or reduces compatibility, messes with your drivers.

Where can I buy one, already? D@#m!

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
That's why my playback computer never has seen the internet. Has no virus crap, network disabled etc,etc.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: silvertones
That's why my playback computer never has seen the internet. Has no virus crap, network disabled etc,etc.

Same here. Save for the updates or software registration, the laptop is off the grid! Some great advice here.

...and following Blackviper’s advice on disabling services up to all networking services.

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You can create a Live CD/DVD and run Biab from that, you could have Biab on an SD card.
I had Biab running on Win10 Live CD, you can add the PG Chord fonts to the Live CD fonts folder and whatever else you need. That way it's the same OS every boot as it boots from read only.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

The current Trio has built-in; 7 Music Genres To Choose From • 12 Styles Selectable Per Genre •

A solution is to add a second USB port on the existing Trio that accepts a flash drive and modify the Trio device to allow access to the music genres and styles storage and make it user selectable between the flash drive and on board genres/styles. Using a PC, the entire BIAB Style Picker would be available to load on the flash drive and be loaded into the Trio. Trio owners that don't have BIAB would have access to the current defaults listed above or could purchase BIAB to have the entire BIAB library available. Current owners of BIAB would already have that library available.

Thanks for that, I haven't check that out for ages. I see it is a Trio+ now as the old model is discontinued https://digitech.com/en/products/trio-plus
I will have a read up on it.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Dzjang
Originally Posted By: silvertones

Same here. Save for the updates or software registration, the laptop is off the grid! Some great advice here.

...and following Blackviper’s advice on disabling services up to all networking services.

My music computer is only on line for software registration and updates, including Win 10 updates. Otherwise it is off line via disabling my Ethernet card and my anti-stuff.

Note that I keep my Win 10 up to date because a couple of years ago I had not updated for over a year. When I had to update due to software I ran into a real mess and had to format my C drive and start again.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195