Another great one.

When you you sleep man???

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Alan

Very nice film music!
Trumpet solo and piano solo are both really pleasant.
The chord progressions are also very nice.
Particularly I like where it goes from Cm to Db and returns to Cm.
Where it goes from Cm to Abmaj 7 via II-V(Bbm7 - Eb7).
And how to use G7(#9).
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice job,

very relaxing and smooth sound

love that piano sound, nice tickling gain' on

I find that I have to "ride" volumes on many guitar parts

you da the man!

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

the intent was for it to very slightly eerie with a dose of sadness, yet relaxing. I guess I got close to my goal! Woo Hoo! And yeah, the midi piano was a very pleasant surprise. I had to massage it a bit in Audacity but it ended up sounding pretty decent.

And I know what you mean about riding the guitar gain. I'm playing through an Ibanez Les Paul knock-off with really got pickups. It'll crank out some chicken pickin' and stout rock, but when it comes to Smooth jazz and Smooth RnB, I have to really back off to a point where any less fades it out but any moreoverrides everything. it's a tough spot to find sometimes.

Thanks again for the great comments. Much appreciated.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Another great one.

When you you sleep man???

smile

Hey David!

Sleep? I've heard of the concept. I also hear some folks do it and enjoy it!.

Actually, I do not sleep a lot - perhaps 5 hours a day with the exception I almost always stay up all night one or two nights per week. I've done that for many years. I typically got to bed about 5:00 am and get up between 10:00 and 11:00.

When I was undergoing the chemo, I was too ragged out to do much of anything physical, so BIAB and I became frequent buddies. During the eight-month ordeal, I composed over 60 instrumentals. My left hand was almost completely numb, so guitar pickin' was out of the question. I still have 45 - 50 instrumentals I've not posted and some new ones waiting in the wings.

I like to put a little time between posts so as to not hog the board. I wait at least 3 or 4 days between new posts ... or ... until the last posted one falls off the front page.

Wishing you and yours the very best. Di says "Hi David!".

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very nice film music!
Trumpet solo and piano solo are both really pleasant.
The chord progressions are also very nice.
Particularly I like where it goes from Cm to Db and returns to Cm.
Where it goes from Cm to Abmaj 7 via II-V(Bbm7 - Eb7).
And how to use G7(#9).
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,

It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I've always liked the sound, as an example, of the the C minor followed by the Db maj 7th. It's usually not expected but works well because it'mildly abrupt, and at the same time, casual. The Cm to Amaj7 is a subtle change but brings a new element to the melody that enhances the richness of the melodic flow (in my opinion). I tend to use flatted 9ths more than sharp 9ths but in this case, the sharp 9th was a good fit.

I look forward to the insight you offer in each of your reviews. Thank you! Wishing you the very best.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds good, Alan. Everything is nicely balanced.

A good listen.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super cool song Alan.

I could picture a smoky jazz club with a few patrons sitting at their tables, tapping their feet to the beat while some people dance. Yep this is film music.

Two thumbs up.

PS - great piano sound!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song!!! Such a strong mood in the trumpet and piano parts. I'm going to have to play with those RTs. Mix is excellent! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

This is incredibly vibrant. It's the kind of music that gets leaning back in my chair, closing my eyes and just enjoying. You've done an excellent job creating this. It's sophisticated, driven and oozes with musical talent!

Loved it!

Best wishes to you and both smile
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Sounds good, Alan. Everything is nicely balanced.

A good listen.

fj

Thanks, Floyd! Glad it was an easy listen for you. I always appreciate your input. Best to you and yours,

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super cool song Alan.

I could picture a smoky jazz club with a few patrons sitting at their tables, tapping their feet to the beat while some people dance. Yep this is film music.

Two thumbs up.

PS - great piano sound!

Hey Mario!

Thanks so much. I had a movie going in my mind as I wrote this. Nicole Kidman was making some guy's night with a sweet, sultry dance. Most of the lighting was alcohol signage and a light haze of smoke caressed the neon beams. The other guys were at their tables, some ignoring their dates/wives, wishing and having tantalizing thoughts. Well, something like that.

Thanks again, my friend.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 11/21/17 01:21 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool song!!! Such a strong mood in the trumpet and piano parts. I'm going to have to play with those RTs. Mix is excellent! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much. And yeah, I could hardly believe what I ran across with these tracks. The piano took a little coaxing but finally got to where I wanted it. Wishing you well.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Alan,

This is incredibly vibrant. It's the kind of music that gets leaning back in my chair, closing my eyes and just enjoying. You've done an excellent job creating this. It's sophisticated, driven and oozes with musical talent!

Loved it!

Best wishes to you and both smile
Noel

Hi Noel,

As always, your comments are always among the ones I give more than a second look. The word "vibrant" hadn't come to mind, but I think it's very appropriate as i was trying very hard to set a mood - smoky, late night, sexy and a sensual static in the air.

I appreciate your kindness.

And we both wish you the very best.

Alan & Di

User Showcase
T
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
T
Great song Alan, I enjoyed listening to piano in this song! Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by Tyler - PG Music; 11/21/17 12:22 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tyler - PG Music
Great song Alan, I enjoyed listening to piano in this song! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for dropping in and taking a listen - much appreciated. You folks at PG Music are the best!

I'm delighted you enjoyed it. And I was surprised how nicely the piano turned out. i worked it over pretty good in Audacity but wasn't expecting this level of sound from it. Glad you enjoyed! Thanks again for the very nice comments.

Wishing you and everyone at PG Music the very best,

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This definitely works Alan! I could visualize this in a film! Great definition between the instruments in the mix! T

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
This definitely works Alan! I could visualize this in a film! Great definition between the instruments in the mix! T

Hi Torrey,

Thanks so much for those very kind words! I think the piano and trumpet are contrasted pretty nicely - totally different, yet mutually complementary. I'm delighted it came across that way to you. thanks again for the very nice comments. Best to you.

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,347
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213