Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PeterF #436464 11/03/17 12:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What a beautiful song. I can feel the nostalgia in this one, and the lyrics are almost a little abstract in an amazing sort of way. I really like this one. Great job you guys!

Ember,
I`m glad you enjoyed this. As I said in the intro, those old memories do get mixed up... so I didn`t try to make too much sense of them in this song.
Thanks for your listen and kind comments.

Robert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert

Wonderful writing good tune evocative lyrics - enjoyed the video - your's and Janice's vocals (which are as usual superb) are very complimentary.
Excellent work by all involved.

Peter

Thanks for listening and liking, Peter.
I appreciate your mention of the video - it was fun doing that.

Robert

Scott C #436470 11/03/17 01:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good on every level. Good write, vocals are spot on, nice choice of instruments too; that banjo sits in the mix perfectly.

Loved it!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool song Robert. I absolutely love your vocal on this song. Janice's harmonies were so gentle and complimentary to your vocal. Lyrics was excellent. Banjo in the back was very cool. This has to be my favorite of all your songs. Well done

Thanks y’all. My part felt so natural on this. And I loved the story.

J&B

Robertkc #436551 11/04/17 07:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Awesome man.

Rob4580 #436601 11/04/17 01:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Attracted by the sweet title I found a beautiful and wistful
trip back to early childhood. Most enjoyable.
Very professional on all levels.
Well done to all concerned. Cheers.

Many thanks for that!

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
The lyrics sound like something Don McLean would write.
And that puts in in very good company.
Love the support vocals.
Very thoughtful write.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob

Rob,
Thank you!
I missed all but Don McLean`t UK hits, but your kind comment has nudged me to go listen some more.

Robert

Robertkc #436614 11/04/17 03:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is just so well placed. Excellent creativity, and the team have delivered once again, no question.

Everything about this song is first class.

All wrapped around absolutely sensational lyrics.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Awesome man.

Thank you, sir!

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
This is just so well placed. Excellent creativity, and the team have delivered once again, no question.

Everything about this song is first class.

All wrapped around absolutely sensational lyrics.

That`s very kind - thanks for your listen and comments.

Robert

dani48 #436974 11/07/17 10:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! You guys nailed this. The vocals are on point, and it just sounds very professionally arranged and written. I honestly wouldn't change a thing here. The lyrics paint a vivid picture as well.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing!

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

You always made very nice song; I think you have outdone yourself this time.

I loved melody so much in this song. Very nice.

Janice remember me some "Joan Baez" second vocal in her duets with Bob Dylan.

Sergio

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Robert !:))

Wonderful tune and so
also the duet with Janice !
Superb co-op leaves nothing
else to wish for !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

Thank y'all so very much. It was fun contributing to this! I can still see the rich imagery.

J&B

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

Great job on this - in all regards.

An interesting write - as your songs so often are... poetry... excellent prosody throughout... although I do not understand all the references, they fall on my ear well - and will likely reveal their meaning in time.

Excellent instrumentation. One of your best. Just enough. Not too much. Allows the lyric/vocals to shine.

The vocals are super. You are at your best here. Like a Rod McKuen record. Janice's harmonies are perfectly supportive (and never "taking the spotlight") - perfect.

This is Poetic Music at it's best.

Floyd expressed it so well, except I don't know Rod McKuen (but I'll have to look him up). I was thinking Leonard Cohen. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for your listen and likes, Greg,
You probably did hear Rod McKuen`s Seasons in the Sun,but by Terry Jacks - cool song.

Robert

Robertkc #437559 11/11/17 12:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Robert,

Well that beautiful voice again in combination with Janice's subtle backing vocals.
A perfect blend!
That banjo Backporch works very well, by the way.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I see your childhood, I see mine

great journey

take me where my heart still resides

different places but still the same

we were so lucky to have a childhood where you played

outside and went at it as hard as possible until you were

called in for dinner, not slaves to phones and xbox.

great melody and nice vocals and harmonies

enjoyed this a lot Robert

Kenny

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Robert

Really beautiful pop-folk song!
Harmonies with Janice remind me of Peter, Paul and Mary a little bit.
A faint discord tone of the banjo arpeggio and drums entering from the middle are good spices for this song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks for mentioning the harmony and, yes, Kenny it felt that way to me also.

Janice

Robertkc #437577 11/11/17 02:37 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wow! Robert, what a great tune. Love the lyrics. And like Floyd said, the instrumentation is just right. Your vocals are the best I've heard of you, and adding Janice's vocal is just the icing on the top.

Really love this one!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
RnAM #437678 11/12/17 07:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Robert,

Well that beautiful voice again in combination with Janice's subtle backing vocals.
A perfect blend!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie,
I`m happy you enjoyed this-it was a treat to have Janice sing such a close harmony.
The banjo RT was the best choice for the song, though I think Bud, with a real knowledge of the instrument, would have preferred something a little less busy.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Wow! Robert, what a great tune. Love the lyrics. And like Floyd said, the instrumentation is just right. Your vocals are the best I've heard of you, and adding Janice's vocal is just the icing on the top.

Really love this one!

Steve

Thanks very much, Steve - that`s made my day!

Robert

PeterF #437951 11/14/17 07:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What a beautiful song. I can feel the nostalgia in this one, and the lyrics are almost a little abstract in an amazing sort of way. I really like this one. Great job you guys!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert

Wonderful writing good tune evocative lyrics - enjoyed the video - your's and Janice's vocals (which are as usual superb) are very complimentary.
Excellent work by all involved.

Peter

Thanks Ember and Peter. Your nice words are appreciated!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
The lyrics sound like something Don McLean would write.
And that puts in in very good company.
Love the support vocals.
Very thoughtful write.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob

Thank you Rob!

Janice

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Robert,

A perfect blend!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks you two! Your harmonies blends are wonderful and I much appreciate you say that about ours.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Steve Young

Really love this one!

Steve

Thank you so much Steve!!

Janice

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 11/18/17 03:02 AM.
Robertkc #438638 11/18/17 05:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cracking song, well done both of you

furry #438813 11/19/17 06:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you, Graham!

Robertkc #440338 11/24/17 03:31 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song Robert! The lyrics are wonderful as they always are in your songs!! There are some really great lines in here!! Janice gave a great contribution to this one as well!! Take care, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I`m glad you enjoyed this, Torrey.
Hearing another voice ( especially with the quality Janice brings) on the song makes it more real for me- reminds me of the days when singing friends were in the same room!

Robert

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195