Index
#440591 - 11/25/17 02:47 PM [User Showcase] YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/you-didnt-give-up-on-me
https://youtu.be/koylAy23pTY
This is a rework of a song I did a couple of years ago. I wanted it to have a little more snap to it than the original. Kind of draws from a mix of styles, everything from 70's folk rock to Motown.
The lyric content is from the heart, it's the way I really feel! Hope someone likes it. Lyrics are in the video. Thanks, T

BIAB
1637 Electric Guitar Rhythm Jazz Funk Breezy EV16 75
1236 Electric Guitar Rhythm Smooth Jazz Poppy Ev16 90
362 Acoustic Guitar Strumming EV85
1945 Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Groovin Folk EV85
2195 Piano Electric Vintage Rhythm Cool Jazz Pop Held EV85
Drums Country Pop Ballad

Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/25/17 05:33 PM)

#440594 - 11/25/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
This tune has everything going for it. Smooth cool and mellow with a retro seventies feel.
Great write Torrey. Rob

#440602 - 11/25/17 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Torrey,
I haven`t heard the original but this has all the quality you always bring: sincere lyrics and super smooth vocals with the jazzy pop style you are an absolute pro at.
Lovely guitar work throughout is the icing.
Most enjoyable!

Robert

#440606 - 11/25/17 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The songs I have heard from you always have such a professional sound quality to them. I really enjoyed this one, and I can tell that the lyrics come from the heart. This song really shines.

Thanks for the share!

#440637 - 11/25/17 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love the chord progression on this one Torrey. Super vocal and lyric. Very smooth tune.. Guitar was very cool

#440642 - 11/25/17 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Torrey,

Classic sound! Reminds me of very early 1970s MoTown before it faded away. Great vocal and arrangement. Sweet message in the lyric. As all your songs do, this has a very professional sound. I always enjoy your work!

Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#440657 - 11/25/17 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

#440680 - 11/26/17 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very nice Torrey! Nice groove to this. Love the vocals, those background vocals are perfect.

Great job on the guitar and bass too!

Pure class all the way.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#440693 - 11/26/17 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Torrey !:))

What a lovely tune
with super vocals and
very, very sweet chords
that is exactly what I
dig !:))

Cheers
Dani

#440698 - 11/26/17 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
“Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion”

I wanna do that when I grow up!

This has your fine signature everything: vocals, instrumental performance and mix.

Pro sound all the way!

J&B
J&B Website

#440748 - 11/26/17 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I never heard the previous version from a few years ago, but I certainly enjoyed this! You definitely succeeded in giving this tune the "snap" you were looking for. I loved the drums in this one, they get your toe tapping and have a ton of energy behind them. Not to mention, your vocal delivery here is seriously on point! Over all, it's just a well written song and it sounds very professionally mixed as well.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#440780 - 11/26/17 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Rob4580]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks for the kind words Rob! I appreciate it! T

#440781 - 11/26/17 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely lyrics and delivery.
Nice guitar.
Loads of style here.
Very tasteful Torrey.
Cheers.

#440801 - 11/26/17 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey

Wonderful playing and writing. As others have said pure class.
Sounds superb.

Peter

#440811 - 11/26/17 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Torrey,

I love your productions and singing man!

I am always reminded a little of ELO (and sometimes Todd Rundgren) but those are huge compliments.

You still sound pretty much like yourself though and that is the biggest compliment of all.

smile

Happy Holidays!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#440843 - 11/26/17 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

I appreciate your comments Robert! Thanks for taking time to listen! T

#440894 - 11/26/17 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Bliss...

I am no ladies' man, but your song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me", is the kind of dreamy, ultra-mellow, quietly uplifting song that, if I had heard it in a club on a Friday, or a Saturday night, would put me instantly in my best sweet-talking mode and have me surveying the place for a dance partner:

ME: Um, pardon me, miss, but, I just KNOW that you didn't get all prettied-up as you so obviously are, and drive all the way out here in the pouring rain (I live in Seattle!) just to sit down while the D.J. spins Torrey Bliss' new song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me".

SHE: You're right, I didn't. Are you asking me to dance with you?

ME: Miss, I've been moving with you (pointing at my forehead) here...and here (pointing at my heart) ever since I first saw you this evening. All I need you to do, now, is to take me by the hand (extending it), so I can get you up out of that chair, and allow me to make our way to that crowded dance floor so you, and me, can do this for real...

I'm sure you get the picture. The optimistic title, the slow-bop rhythm, the glowing chords from the electric piano, the bluesy sweetness of the rhythm guitars, the gospel-like testimony of the vocal chorus, the love-making solo guitar and your committed singing provide a soulfully transporting listening experience.

Mr. Bliss, the music you post to the "User's Forum" are maps of many moods.

Appreciatively,

LOREN

#440930 - 11/27/17 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Thanks for the listen Ember and for the kind words! I appreciate it! T

#440962 - 11/27/17 08:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

I absolutely love your voice, Torrey. That's what hit me the most while listening to this song.
As David said, there's a little bit of ELO in your production (the drums, for example ..) and more than a bit of Jeff Lynne in your voice. And these were some of my musical heroes when I was (much) younger.
Great song, fantastic voice.
Top notch.

Edited by Jon Thomas (11/27/17 09:00 AM)

#441017 - 11/27/17 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: 44kfl]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

Torrey,

Kenny said everything I was thinking. And I'm glad he caught the Something/Anything sound - I couldn't put me finger on it, but that is it! Very Rundgren-ish!!!

Super cool sound.

Really enjoyed that.

floyd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Freezing Tracks

Like what you hear in Band-in-a-Box®? Make sure to Freeze the track(s) or song! Once frozen, it won't be regeneraged or change when you play it again - and your choice isn't final, since you can unfreeze them just as easily:
-press the blue snowflake button within the track name of the mixer window
-press the blue snowflake button within the expanded toolbar of the program (Ctrl + T will swap between the two toolbar views), and select the track(s)

Note: If you want to force Band-in-a-Box® to generate tracks without adjusting the Freeze settings, hold down the Shift key as you press the [Generate and Play] button (the fly-by hint will remind you of that) or choose the menu command Play | Play Special | Generate (even if tracks are frozen).

To learn more about freezing your Band-in-a-Box® tracks or songs, visit Chapter 5: Playing Songs | Freezing tracks of our Online Manual.

With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Forum Stats
28228 Members
58 Forums
54217 Topics
453095 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nnygns01, Daveheller, porkchop sound, Richard68, JeffBro

28228 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 170
Al-David 156